+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already got PR and Visa, what if one of us decided not to go?

Renaldo

May 13, 2017
Hi guys, I very much appreciate any answers you can give me.

We already got our COPR and Visa on Passports, all five of us.
Here is the scenario, because our older son is still studying in college and he is 21 years old already. He wanted to finish college, so we are wondering just in case he decided not to go, so my questions are the ff:

1. If ever my 21 year old son decided not to come to Canada, what will be the outcome?
2. Are we going to lose our Permanent Residency or are we still going to maintain our Permanent Residency status? (the rest of us)
3. And If my older son is still coming with us, he'll be coming from the Philippines while the rest of us will come from New Zealand, and meet up in Vancouver, is that okay?

Thank you for any accurate answers you can give me.

Lift48

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
8232 / 2145
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi guys, I very much appreciate any answers you can give me.

We already got our COPR and Visa on Passports, all five of us.
Here is the scenario, because our older son is still studying in college and he is 21 years old already. He wanted to finish college, so we are wondering just in case he decided not to go, so my questions are the ff:

1. If ever my 21 year old son decided not to come to Canada, what will be the outcome?
2. Are we going to lose our Permanent Residency or are we still going to maintain our Permanent Residency status? (the rest of us)
3. And If my older son is still coming with us, he'll be coming from the Philippines while the rest of us will come from New Zealand, and meet up in Vancouver, is that okay?

Thank you for any accurate answers you can give me.
1. I would suggest him to come with you (if you are a Primary Applicant) before the expiration of COPR date. In that case he could apply for PR card and leave Canada for up to 3 years. Just remember, in order to maintain your (or your son's) PR status you have to physically be present in Canada for at least 2 years in the last 5 years. PR card is valid for 5 years, after which you apply for a card renewal. In your case, if your son will be graduating in the next 3 years, then he should be fine, as long as he moves to Canada after the graduation.
2. Answer in the 1st question.
3. His first entrance/arrival (and all other dependats' first entrance/arrival) should be done together with the Primary applicant.

Lift48

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
8232 / 2145
Pre-Assessed..
Yes