Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
Hi,

We are about to apply for our Canadian Citizenship. The kids (less than 18 years) have dual citizenship, one is the primary (most of travels have been done using the primary passport) and the other has been never used in Canada (which is the same as parent's nationality).

So, do we need to include both nationalities in their application? or should it suffice to include only their primary citizenship?

We are just afraid that indicating both nationalities will complicate and delay things.

Any thoughts? Will there be any consequences for not mentioning the other nationality?

Thanks all.

venecolano

Aug 28, 2014
Since I did the paperwork to immigrate to Canada I mentioned that I had two nationalities, and I have always mentioned that. Denying it is making a false claim.

I will take my citizenship test next week, and having two nationalities did not cause any problem. My times are normal, as most of the other people here.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bazim99 said:
Hi,

We are about to apply for our Canadian Citizenship. The kids (less than 18 years) have dual citizenship, one is the primary (most of travels have been done using the primary passport) and the other has been never used in Canada (which is the same as parent's nationality).

So, do we need to include both nationalities in their application? or should it suffice to include only their primary citizenship?

We are just afraid that indicating both nationalities will complicate and delay things.

Any thoughts? Will there be any consequences for not mentioning the other nationality?

Thanks all.
Be truthful and never hide anything. CIC wants honest applicants. Not mentioning your dual nationality can cause future issues and if CIC comes to know about it, they can say that you misrepresented.

I would suggest everyone in this forum that be truthful always.
I think there should be no delay but if delay occurs, then not to worry atleast you have mentioned the truthful information.

swindsor2010

Feb 9, 2014
I already had two citizenships when I got my Canadian one. You HAVE to declare both because the forms specifically asks for each citizenship you may already have. Let's be real it DOES delay things a little bit, because the more you have the more they need to investigate and process, and to be fair how much the delay is really depends on what country you have citizenship/ties to. You only good option is to declare and send copies of passports as they request. How much your application will take depends more on where you live. My application was really fast (I live in Windsor). Good luck

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
Many thanks for all the replies ..
Just to mention that we don't mean to hide anything from CIC , we just thought it might not be a requirement to mention that the kids have another nationality that was never been used to travel In our Out from Canada ..

I think to be safe and from your feedback we will just include it ..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bazim99 said:
Many thanks for all the replies ..
Just to mention that we don't mean to hide anything from CIC , we just thought it might not be a requirement to mention that the kids have another nationality that was never been used to travel In our Out from Canada ..

I think to be safe and from your feedback we will just include it ..
If I look at the application of adult citizenship, it asks you to mention all citizenships the person has.

In the application for minors below 18, it asks for current citizenship for the child only.
Its still suggested to write both citizenships. However, if you are in doubt please contact the CIC call centre at 1-888-242-2100

Also, you need to send copies of biographical pages of all passports held in past 4 years for the child.

Please read the citizenship instruction guide for children here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp