+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Already a Permanent resident (PR) Stuck in India from 5 months

Oct 19, 2020
Hi, everyone.
I am a Canadian permanent resident, came to India for 2 months (Been 5 months now) for family vacation, but because of the extension of the flight ban I am stuck here.
Now Air canada has cancelled my flight. If I book through an agent they are sending me via third countries with at least 1 night of stay for RTPCR and than board flight to canada which is more than 1.5 lakh INR. I believe most of the students and open work permit are following this.

If I check Goibibo and other booking sites they are letting me travel VIA London heathrow airport (Or US) with just a layover of 2 hours or so. My question is would I need a RTPCR from London as well to enter Canada ?

Should I follow the route as most students and open work permit holders are doing? Or there is an exemption for a PR ?

PS I am fully vaccinated with covishield and I have a valid tourist visa for US.

HELP !!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everyone.
I am a Canadian permanent resident, came to India for 2 months (Been 5 months now) for family vacation, but because of the extension of the flight ban I am stuck here.
Now Air canada has cancelled my flight. If I book through an agent they are sending me via third countries with at least 1 night of stay for RTPCR and than board flight to canada which is more than 1.5 lakh INR. I believe most of the students and open work permit are following this.

If I check Goibibo and other booking sites they are letting me travel VIA London heathrow airport (Or US) with just a layover of 2 hours or so. My question is would I need a RTPCR from London as well to enter Canada ?

Should I follow the route as most students and open work permit holders are doing? Or there is an exemption for a PR ?

PS I am fully vaccinated with covishield and I have a valid tourist visa for US.

HELP !!!
Covishield is not yet approved by Canada, so you would follow other unvaccinated travellers for arrival test and compulsory quarantine. Furthermore, you need to get RT PCR from London and other third countries in order to enter Canada.

You should have followed most PR are doing - stay put in Canada and avoid non essential traveling (such as vacation overseas and other jurisdictions)

canadavisa000

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Covishield is not yet approved by Canada, so you would follow other unvaccinated travellers for arrival test and compulsory quarantine. Furthermore, you need to get RT PCR from London and other third countries in order to enter Canada.

You should have followed most PR are doing - stay put in Canada and avoid non essential traveling (such as vacation overseas and other jurisdictions)
May I know where it says that Covishield is not approved/accepted by Canada?. Pls help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had seen this page already but I wanted to get the link from you.

Do you see what is the 3rd vaccine name mentioned under "Approved Vaccines" in that page?.
My bad. But you still need a RT PCR test in London or other third countries. Or you can wait until the ban is lifted.

Oct 19, 2020

Thanks for your reply, It was an essential when I came from Canada to India and just days before my return flight they put the ban. And Covishield is approved in canada, AstraZeneca/Covishield (3rd vaccine name from the link you sent)

And I got to know India comes in red list for UK so anyone coming from india or any other red list countries, are supposed to quarantine for 10 days in UK, so I don't think transit is possible from UK now

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And I got to know India comes in red list for UK so anyone coming from india or any other red list countries, are supposed to quarantine for 10 days in UK, so I don't think transit is possible from UK now
But you mentioned London in your original post, so I assumed you can enter UK.