+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost done! - landing questions

sunnynoon

Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all!

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions now that I am at the end of this process (finally!).

My husband and I were married Oct. 20, 2013. We applied for spousal sponsorship outland (which was definitely the best choice) Dec. 18, 2013. The stamp on my passport expired April 2014 so we applied to extend my visitor status in March and that was approved and they gave me a year - so my visitor status does not expire until April 2015. We received stage 1 approval in January 2014. I just now received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence on July 17, 2014. So over all everything went very smoothly and much more quickly than we were even anticipating! Which is wonderful.

My questions are now about landing. I live only about 20-30 minutes from the border. I just want to know what I need to bring with me. I have been a visitor in Canada since October - so I don't have an income. I only have a few items in the states at my mom's - and I know I will need to tell them when I land that I will be bringing those later. What else do I need? I was thinking that I would bring my receipts from my application to show I have already paid the fees, my visitor status paperwork showing that I was good through April 2015, my conf. of PR, my passport. Do I need proof of medical coverage? I don't have any yet (even though I have been here for 9 months now). My husband's sister will bring me to flagpole at the border - which I don't think will be a problem as I don't think your sponsor needs to be there when you land. Do you need an apt. or do you just show up at the border and tell them what you want to do? Any thoughts would be helpful. Planning to flagpole at the North Portal border office in SK on Monday!!! WOOT WOOT

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
sunnynoon said:
Hello all!

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions now that I am at the end of this process (finally!).

My husband and I were married Oct. 20, 2013. We applied for spousal sponsorship outland (which was definitely the best choice) Dec. 18, 2013. The stamp on my passport expired April 2014 so we applied to extend my visitor status in March and that was approved and they gave me a year - so my visitor status does not expire until April 2015. We received stage 1 approval in January 2014. I just now received my Confirmation of Permanent Residence on July 17, 2014. So over all everything went very smoothly and much more quickly than we were even anticipating! Which is wonderful.

My questions are now about landing. I live only about 20-30 minutes from the border. I just want to know what I need to bring with me. I have been a visitor in Canada since October - so I don't have an income. I only have a few items in the states at my mom's - and I know I will need to tell them when I land that I will be bringing those later. What else do I need? I was thinking that I would bring my receipts from my application to show I have already paid the fees, my visitor status paperwork showing that I was good through April 2015, my conf. of PR, my passport. Do I need proof of medical coverage? I don't have any yet (even though I have been here for 9 months now). My husband's sister will bring me to flagpole at the border - which I don't think will be a problem as I don't think your sponsor needs to be there when you land. Do you need an apt. or do you just show up at the border and tell them what you want to do? Any thoughts would be helpful. Planning to flagpole at the North Portal border office in SK on Monday!!! WOOT WOOT
All you need to land is your COPR and your passport. You don't need any other documents or receipts or anything else. If you have a few things that you plan to bring over from the states later, then fill out the B4 form and you can bring that with you as well, if you like. There is nothing else really needed of you other than to flagpole and land.

Best of luck to you on this newest chapter in your life :D

sunnynoon

Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great! Thanks!

So I don't have to set up an appointment either?

Good deal.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sunnynoon said:
Great! Thanks!

So I don't have to set up an appointment either?

Good deal.
no appointment required if you plan to land at a border. appointment for outland applicants are held at one of the local offices and can take months to schedule.