+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 24 months - review of eligibility

axesting

May 10, 2023
hey evryone, i'm looking for some answers. i'm a protected person and my PR application has been in process for more than 23 months. but when i called the IRCC, they said they haven't reviewed my eligibility yet and my information-sharing is still in process. is this normal?

Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received
We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2021.
We started processing your application on June 22, 2022.
Medical results have been received.
Estimated completion date: November 13, 2023 (so it's been 23 months now)

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if
we need more information.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
hey evryone, i'm looking for some answers. i'm a protected person and my PR application has been in process for more than 23 months. but when i called the IRCC, they said they haven't reviewed my eligibility yet and my information-sharing is still in process. is this normal?

Permanent Residence Application Status: Application Received
We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2021.
We started processing your application on June 22, 2022.
Medical results have been received.
Estimated completion date: November 13, 2023 (so it's been 23 months now)

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if
we need more information.
They started processing your application last year June. Huge delay in your application is 6 months from when they received your application to when they started processing your application. I dont see why eligibility takes long, but raise webform and see how they reply

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I have done some personal research regarding why some applicants PR application is getting delayed.
The outcome are below and this result is based on some individual story.
01. The concern immigration officer reviewd the whole file since beginning your case. If any of your given information flaged them to think, they dig for it.
02. They do like less complex file to decide early decisions.
03.Some officers had done everything but kept the file on queue for nothing.
04. Some officers forget to keep record on GCMS notes, that means what we see in GCMS not is not always accurate.
05. Officers efficiency. Some work fast, some work in slow process.
06. Officers get the priority on time lapse, if they think they need more time to get into the final decisions,they get it.
07. Most Claimant from Pilot project and less complex catagory got the PR decisions earlier than other claimant. One thing to remember, these catagory and PR decision makers - both of them are immigration official.
Immigration judge is from differnt judiciery. "Early detection, eary result" in these cases.
08. In ontario, Hamilton case processing center is lazier than the missisuaga case processing center, trigger that shortage of stuff and amount of file has also a great impact on application decisions.
09. Attitude of the concerning officer on your file.

Last edited:

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I have done some personal research regarding why some applicants PR application is getting delayed.
01. The concern immigration officer reviewd the whole file since beginning your case. If any of your given information flaged them to think, they dig for it.
04. Some officers forget to keep record on GCMS notes, that means what we see in GCMS not is not always accurate.
06. Officers get the priority on time lapse, if they think they need more time to get into the final decisions,they get it.
07. Most Claimant from Pilot project and less complex catagory got the PR decisions earlier than other claimant. One thing to remember, these catagory and PR decision makers - both of them are immigration official.
Immigration judge is from differnt judiciery. "Early detection, eary result" in these cases.
08. In ontario, Hamilton case processing center is lazier than the missisuaga case processing center, trigger that shortage of stuff and amount of file has also a great impact on application decisions.
Hi,
My case was less complex and I received decision without hearing.
We will see what will happen for pr.
I applied May 30th, 2023
November 9th police certificate requested from me and medical exam and biometric requested from partner (in Canada-not refugee)
November 10th AOR

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hi,
I applied May 30th, 2023
November 9th police certificate requested from me and medical exam and biometric requested from partner (in Canada-not refugee)
November 10th AOR
I should say , your application is flying .
Advance Congratulation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I applied May 30th, 2023
November 10th AOR
Your processing should be fairly typical to others which is around 2 years.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys is it possible for a Visa office to interview you twice plus the third biometric to done again because in August 2022 did biometric then in June 2023 did biometric and interview then today they send me another biometric and I can anyone please clarify for me what's happening

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi guys is it possible for a Visa office to interview you twice plus the third biometric to done again because in August 2022 did biometric then in June 2023 did biometric and interview then today they send me another biometric and I can anyone please clarify for me what's happening
Can you post in one thread instead of multiple threads asking same questions? To answer your question, it is possible.

Hamza jama

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hi,
I applied May 30th, 2023
November 10th AOR
any updates?

spamed

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Hi,
I applied May 30th, 2023
November 10th AOR
i applied oct 27th 2023 and received AOR + police certificate 21st feb 2024. In a span of not even 4 months.