+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost 10 months, still no decision.

Ahmed09990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
I have applied for a study permit, and it has been almost 10 months, and I have not received any decision. I haven't even received BVL yet. I gave my biometrics around 5 months ago. Still, when I mail them, they reply:

"Your application is currently pending officer review.
We can confirm that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part."

I know what the reply means, but, unusually, they take this many months without providing me any updates.

Anyone facing the same situation? or Do you have any suggestions for me in this regard?

Mohammed GHZ

May 11, 2021
I am in the same situation. From Iraq
My timeline:
Date applied: February 17, 2021
Biometrics collection letter: February 18, 2021 Biometrics enrollment: February 21, 2021 Biometrics completed: April 1, 2021
Medical request: April 7, 2021
Medical test done: April 8, 2021
Medical passed: April 9, 2021
It has been more than four months still no final decision.

• Sad
Reactions: Ahmed09990

Ahmed09990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Please email processing center and tell them you have been waiting 10 months and ask the status
No matter how many times I mail them the reply is same which is

We can confirm that processing is proceeding and there is currently no action required on your part."

Tired of this anyways!

ABMM

Star Member
May 6, 2021
No matter how many times I mail them the reply is same which is

Tired of this anyways!
Do you have anything in your application that could have raised suspicion on you or your intent to leave Canada when you finish studying? There's no way it's about missing documents, they usually tell you to send the documents or to apply again. Did you lie on your application or anything?
Not accusing you of anything don't get me wrong, I'm just surprised that a study permit application took this long.

Ahmed09990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Do you have anything in your application that could have raised suspicion on you or your intent to leave Canada when you finish studying? There's no way it's about missing documents, they usually tell you to send the documents or to apply again. Did you lie on your application or anything?
Not accusing you of anything don't get me wrong, I'm just surprised that a study permit application took this long.
I deferred from winter 2021 to Fall 2021. That's all.