+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALMO suspended?

MsOptimistic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer applied for my new LMO under ALMO (high skilled position) last May 10, 2013. But until now the status of the application is still "decision pending", and according to the news, the ALMO is temporary suspended.

What is the best thing to do here? Are we going to wait until such time that ALMO will reopen or apply another LMO using the old way? Please please please. I need help as my work permit will expire in 2 months. :(

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should call Service Canada. They are the only ones who can tell you what to do in this situation.

livelovelaugh

Jun 16, 2013
My employer applied for my ALMO 1 week before they suspended it. (not aware that they will be suspending it) they phoned my employer Friday afternoon and ask some question and advised him to wait at the same day or either next week for the confirmation if it is positive or rejected. Then Monday they send the positive ALMO then Tuesday they suspended (stopped) accepting ALMO.. I'm very thankful..

sssjjcc

Jul 10, 2013
Hi,
My employer applied ALMO at the end of March, and I still not get any result from them yet. We have seted the application as an urgent case, but still waiting now. I submitted my visa extension application with some proof of ALMO application at May 14th, because it was get expired at May 16th. I suppose have to update ALMO information to CIC office within two months, but I still waiting for it. I have send a mail to CIC Alberta, told them my situation but there is no response from them. And the deadline is pretty close. Just don't know what can I do now. Does anyone could give me some suggestion?

yoyoyoyo

Jun 27, 2013
sssjjcc said:
Hi,
My employer applied ALMO at the end of March, and I still not get any result from them yet. We have seted the application as an urgent case, but still waiting now. I submitted my visa extension application with some proof of ALMO application at May 14th, because it was get expired at May 16th. I suppose have to update ALMO information to CIC office within two months, but I still waiting for it. I have send a mail to CIC Alberta, told them my situation but there is no response from them. And the deadline is pretty close. Just don't know what can I do now. Does anyone could give me some suggestion?
I am waiting on the same dates, for BC

kiranvks

Jul 26, 2010
Hi sssjjcc,

I'm in the same boat as yours. A-LMO applied on April 2, 2013 and no update yet. Meantime, my WP & Visa expired on June 21, 2013. So I applied for a new WP on June 20, 2013 using the proof of LMO (mentioned the file number and attached the fax receipt for the documents submitted by my employer when he applied for A-LMO).
May I ask you
what proof of A-LMO application did you submit with your visa application ?
Did CIC ever contact you for any kind of information after you submitted your visa application?

Thanks,
Kiran

sssjjcc

Jul 10, 2013
Hi Kiran,

I just use the A-LMO application form and they never contact me. I supports to update ALMO information to CIC today, but still not get it yet. I don't even know that the status my application is now.

kiranvks said:
Hi sssjjcc,

I'm in the same boat as yours. A-LMO applied on April 2, 2013 and no update yet. Meantime, my WP & Visa expired on June 21, 2013. So I applied for a new WP on June 20, 2013 using the proof of LMO (mentioned the file number and attached the fax receipt for the documents submitted by my employer when he applied for A-LMO).
May I ask you
what proof of A-LMO application did you submit with your visa application ?
Did CIC ever contact you for any kind of information after you submitted your visa application?

Thanks,
Kiran

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
HI Everyone

I am in same situation here.

Please share when you get the result from CIC.

Thank you very much

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
My Case is almost same, but it is taking too long. Here are some details:

ALMO applied: 9th May'13
Query OR Request to file LMO: 13th Jun'13
Province: Ontario (London)
Position: Process Improvement Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Case Status: Still Pending...

My Lawyer calls the HRSDC(Toronto), & there is the same response that it is still under process. Anyone, has similar situation?

Nil Krishna

Oct 31, 2010
Visa Office......
Citizenship
Same thing for me too... My employer has applied for A-LMO mid of March'13. My employer heard back from Service Canada mid of May'13 with some questioners and responded immediately. No response to my A-LMO as of now, please share if anyone has receive any response.
Does this process on HOLD and how much time?

girl_ON

Star Member
Jul 10, 2013
livelovelaugh said:
My employer applied for my ALMO 1 week before they suspended it. (not aware that they will be suspending it) they phoned my employer Friday afternoon and ask some question and advised him to wait at the same day or either next week for the confirmation if it is positive or rejected. Then Monday they send the positive ALMO then Tuesday they suspended (stopped) accepting ALMO.. I'm very thankful..
HI,

May I ask which province are you in now?

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hi,
I have the same situation... ALMO is not working... I sent the LMO via fax, but my visa is aobut to expire.. 9 weeks left...
Anyone knows......

Alberta, Calgary