+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Work Reference Mandatory?

RohanWagh

Aug 16, 2018
Hello Senior members,

I am an Indian National and have worked in Cameroon, Qatar, India and currently working in UAE.

For Express entry, can I provide reference letters of my India & UAE employer only as it makes up for the experience required for the application?

Secondly as I have work permit visas stamped in passport for Cameroon and Qatar, I can provide only the PCC for these countries right? Will I be asked for those job references as well after submitting all passport pages ??

Please help.

Thank you
Rohan

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hello Senior members,

I am an Indian National and have worked in Cameroon, Qatar, India and currently working in UAE.

For Express entry, can I provide reference letters of my India & UAE employer only as it makes up for the experience required for the application?

Secondly as I have work permit visas stamped in passport for Cameroon and Qatar, I can provide only the PCC for these countries right? Will I be asked for those job references as well after submitting all passport pages ??

Please help.

Thank you
Rohan
you are expected to provide reference letter only for the work experience you have indicated in your express entry profile for which you will be getting CRS points. any work experience you don't want points for, can be left out of express entry and provided subsequently in the personal history section while filing your e-APR after you receive your ITA.

however please ensure that the work experience you want to share (get points for) meet the stated work experience requirements.

no reference letter is expected for the work experience you subsequently mention in the personal history section of the e-APR, but they could always ask for any documentation in case they have any suspicions on information provided.

Thumb rule will be: do not hide anything and do not provide any false information. Good Luck !

Reactions: snoopyta

RohanWagh

Aug 16, 2018
Thanks for clarifying. I had one more doubt regarding pcc. I have a pcc certificate that was issued after I exit from the country. Now while submitting pcc in the application, does the certificate need to valid as of submission date ?
As I got this certificate after exiting the country, I don’t need to

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Thanks for clarifying. I had one more doubt regarding pcc. I have a pcc certificate that was issued after I exit from the country. Now while submitting pcc in the application, does the certificate need to valid as of submission date ?
As I got this certificate after exiting the country, I don’t need to
you may want to check this for your situation: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html