+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is what I understand as well. But in GCMS notes one of the comment says Upfront Medical Exam result not provided so I asked question to NDVO.

Is there any other March applicant still waiting for Medical Request ?
gcms notes are not instructions. Follow the instructions. They will advise you.

This text in gcms notes is standard even if it seems completely wrong. It's some internal ircc thing.

Reactions: devmtl

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
HI everyone. Hope I will get some responses here. My file got transferred to NDVO and has not gone in process yet. I will give my case background as shortly as possible. We are very tensed about this whole situation.
We have known each other since high school (2009) and have been in touch. He moved to Canada for university in 2011 but we stayed in touch. We got into a relationship in 2017 and met in 2018 in India. Since then we have been to 4 international trips (only the two of us). We are both working professionals and have followed a more western style of dating. Being non-religious, we refused to do the traditional wedding. Ideally, we would have liked a small destinaton wedding but was not possible due to covid. In December 2020, we decided to do a small engagement, dinner parties, lot of celebration parties, and registry marriage. Parents and siblings were present throughout. However no relatives due to flying restrictions etc. To us, this was enough. We DO NOT intend to do any social marriage in future. That's just our belief. Our families are ok with that. We have provided tons of relationship proof, texts, calls, letters, photos from trips.

Will this still cause any issue? I am totally mentally prepared for Additional Document Request/ interview or whatever. Some views would help! Thank you
You really can’t tell if you’ll get an interview/inquiry or not. Depends on officer who’s working on your file. However if parents of both sponsor and applicant were present at the ceremony you shouldn’t worry much. For not inviting many relatives you can simply provide an explanation. I had a destination wedding with just 8 people and I still got eligibility approved for both sponsor and applicant without any interview. But as I said it really depends on officer who’s reviewing your file.

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
You really can’t tell if you’ll get an interview/inquiry or not. Depends on officer who’s working on your file. However if parents of both sponsor and applicant were present at the ceremony you shouldn’t worry much. For not inviting many relatives you can simply provide an explanation. I had a destination wedding with just 8 people and I still got eligibility approved for both sponsor and applicant without any interview. But as I said it really depends on officer who’s reviewing your file.
Appreciate your response. Gives us some hope!

Vermaleon1

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
July 2019 still waiting lol. Everything approved eligibility, background check, medical. Received pre-arrival as well and then offices got closed again so still waiting for DM and PPR.
Same i got pre arrival in end of march 2021 but than delhi goes into.lockdown

Kinndeep

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
July 2019 still waiting lol. Everything approved eligibility, background check, medical. Received pre-arrival as well and then offices got closed again so still waiting for DM and PPR.
Still waiting for pre-arrival , interview, DM and PPR (june applicant)

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Few students on Twitter are claiming they were able to book biometrics appointment today on VFS website, this might be an indication that VACs and VFS will soon resume operations.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Same here bro my gcms notes also has same comment about upfront medical. Message me or tell me if u get any information about this thanks
Ignore the gcms note in this respect. They will send instructions. The gcms notes are not instructions.

That note basically is a standard text that tells the visa officers there's no medical done yet (normal for spousal sponsorship) and that medical instructions need to be sent.

Reactions: pat40

Kinndeep

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
(I got reply email from Delhi for my Status updates)
The High Commission of Canada in India is currently operating under emergency response protocols, and therefore only critical functions are operational. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.
Please be advised that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, please refer to your IRCC secure account.
If you are no longer interested in pursuing your application, you can withdraw, but due to limited operations at the office, we cannot provide a timeline as to when your application will be withdrawn. Please upload the request to withdraw to your MyCIC account. Please be advised that fees will not be refunded if processing has being been initiated.
Please be advised that once your permanent resident application has been finalized, IRCC will be in contact with you, until then please continue to verify the status of your application through your IRCC SECURE ACCOUNT to find out if any additional information has being requested.