+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

Dom12

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
@sophie1 .. I have been following your conversation. Based on my understanding, NDVO reviews the applications based on the culture or the norm of the applicant's country. In India, most of the times, weddings are grand and lavish. Yes, there can be an instance where parents do not agree and then people get married without the parents consent, which is fine and I believe this is exactly what you explained while submitting the application.
The second part here is when you got married without the parents consent but at the end of the day, you are still the loving child of your parents and parents may let go of their ego and decide to do a grand reception party or wedding as per the ritual on the later date (Remember that, for our parents, culture heritage and rituals can be very important). In your case, NDVO is just confirming whether you guys are going to do any ritual ceremony (considering the fact that parents might have agreed to this relation). All you need to do is as provide a response considering the same fact:
- Explain whether you have done any ritual ceremony or reception ceremony after wedding? If yes, provide details such as number of guests, venue, photographs etc. If not, just explain why not and it could be parents still not agreeing, or decided not to spend money or planning to do but can't do because of covid or do not want to do because of finance thing (Just be honest)
- Provide additional details such as your call records after wedding, any trips after wedding. If you are planning a trip, explain that such as when and what are you planning to do in that trip etc. etc.
- If both side parents have greed to this relationship, get an affidavit from parents and may be mention in that affidavit if parents want any ritual ceremony or not etc.

Hope this helps!

Thats a really good explanation. And if you still need more help, my personal opinion would be to get a professional/immigration lawyer to do it. Since you do not have to do it again or take any chances on your application.

sch1234

Oct 12, 2020
This is very very serious and last chance to prove yourself. Usually when immigration officer has doubts regarding your relationship or if the officer thinks you have provided false information or documents you receive procedural fairness letter.

This is usually last chance to declare anything that you haven’t told them or you lied about. Failure to do so results in refusal of your application.

I would advise you to do intensive research on how to reply to the letter and would also advise you to seek professional help.

also, would you mind providing your timeline?

Here’s where you can get more info:-
https://www.matkowsky.ca/procedural-fairness-letter
Iam April 2019 applicant, AOR 2 - Sep 6 2019

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Thank you for your response, I wanted to check , do you know anyone who got that letter and got visa approved after consulting a lawyer
Unfortunately, I don't know personally anyone who got such letter but I have read online about these letters.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Any feb 2020 applicant got any update?..my file was moved to NDVO on march 9th and post that nothing..Only got 3 ghost updates last month but nothing changed

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020

pt3

Star Member
Sep 1, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31 August 2018
File Transfer...
Transferred to New Delhi from Ottawa
Passport Req..
7 November 2020
VISA ISSUED...
02 December 2020
Anyone here who has successfully submitted their passport for stamping at NDVO?

Reactions: Glacier