+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Still feels like we have to wait a lot more
Its a good news for new applicants
I think this benefits all of us who have been waiting for a long time. His Twitter post says it’s for spouses who are far away from each other which means outland. Inland applicants are not far away from each other they are together in Canada.

And if I’m correct final decision is always made in Canada by officer even if the application is abroad in other visa offices such as NDVO.

applications go through two officers 1st. Lead officer at the visa office (NDVO) and 2nd. First officer(main) at cpc Mississauga.

lead officer at the embassy reviews your application and eligibility and make recommendations and give file to main officer who will review the file again and read the recommendations and will make final decision.

this info is found here.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/

PinkaSnow

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
I just called the High Commission of Canada in India, and I got the option to speak to an operator. This was what she said:
"The High Commission has recently started processing applications, and with the new announcement - we should hear about the progress in our applications in a few days"
When I asked if there was any update on when the Canada VFS will open in India, she claimed there was no update on that.

Let's see if we hear back about anything by next week? I called on 01141782000 and pressed 0 to connect to an operator.

Timeline:
Application submitted:May 2019
Transferred to NDVO: October 2019
Additional document request: December 2019

A007kan

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
I just called the High Commission of Canada in India, and I got the option to speak to an operator. This was what she said:
"The High Commission has recently started processing applications, and with the new announcement - we should hear about the progress in our applications in a few days"
When I asked if there was any update on when the Canada VFS will open in India, she claimed there was no update on that.

Let's see if we hear back about anything by next week? I called on 01141782000 and pressed 0 to connect to an operator.

Timeline:
I hope its true

ajay100

Jan 16, 2017
The new announcement only implies to spouse processing or dependent children also ?
Or only the spouse is considered as family.
God knows what theses official think.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
It says

Timeline:
hi in the signature it seems they asked additional documents, would mine sharing what was the request for ? My file is also in ndvo, just to understand or be prepared on that request

Lini g o

Jul 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
17-06-2018
AOR Received.
17 -08-2018
File Transfer...
04_01_2019
Med's Request
21_10_2018
Med's Done....
10_11_2018
Interview........
06_06_2019
Received gcms note today
Aor august 2018
Eligibility passed
Rest two is not started

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
A September 30, 2019 applicant got an update today where the status changed to “In Process” from “Application Received”.
Refer to September 2019 thread for more info.

PinkaSnow

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
A September 30, 2019 applicant got an update today where the status changed to “In Process” from “Application Received”.
So it's true what the lady at NDVO told me this afternoon. They've just recently started processing applications.

I don't know if I should be angry that it was not true when the High commission of canada in India FB page said that they were working hard to process applications.
Happy that they've started processing.
Or worried when will the tackle the applications that have completed a year during the lockdown.

Smh.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
So it's true what the lady at NDVO told me this afternoon. They've just recently started processing applications.

I don't know if I should be angry that it was not true when the High commission of canada in India FB page said that they were working hard to process applications.
Happy that they've started processing.
Or worried when will the tackle the applications that have completed a year during the lockdown.

Smh.
Such applications will/should be the priority.

p86shah

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
hi all

Called CIC today in Canada,

Spoke to a lady at 1888-242-2100 ext 2-1-1-0

Asked her question about NDVO office resuming ? She advised she cannot tell in particular, but hope to get some good news in next month or so.

All the staff has been advised to work on Spouse Visa .

Hang tight and fingers crossed

Reactions: rrss13

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
BTW where do we see these message, Is it the Final Decision your talking about ?

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020

R@R

Nov 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have a question, i have received a letter from NDVO about procedural fairness... is that something bad??.
Also for sending additional documents nothing is specified in the email or in my account, I don’t find any place to update. So my representative, has sent all documents toDELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Is that right or do I have to do anything different.
And I was just given 30 days, so I received letter on August 28th and only three more days are left and am very worried now.

please do give suggestions. Thanks in advance

Reactions: ismaeel