+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

SaskTo10

Oct 5, 2017
I am a Canadian too but our application is being processed in London office because my spouse in from Pakistan.
I see the frustration at LVO and NDVO pages and it's truly heart breaking. It has been more than a year since I got married, and we haven't cohabited properly, max a month on my holidays. We wanted to have a child but it didn't happen because of short time we met. This process is ridiculous.

I totally agree that spouses should be given TRV like other countries, so that they can be with their partners, and meanwhile the processing carries on.
I doubt the actual process takes 1 year. The main area here is deciding if the marriage is genuine because until sponsorship approval it hardly takes two months on average. For PA processing a lot of people send emails and their cases are yet to be reviewed and when it does it may be takes them 1 week to decide whether to approve or issue PFL/interview. And we wait 6-7 months for this one week.
And if it's about background checks then I call bullshit on this. Like you mentioned how can Mississauga office process BGC is one week while NDVO and LVO take 10 years? Are they entering potentially dangerous people that can harm our country? Or what about visitors that can come here within 2 months, how do you check if they won't be a threat in a couple of weeks but for Principal Applicant it takes months?

This all process is a mess. We have wasted 1 year of our lives for nothing.
Fair enough, don't give PR straight away but at least issue a TRV.

Check and verify everything but the process should be just and with fairly similar timeframe for all categories.

But they won't understand until a year of their lives also gets wasted.
I have been in long distance for 7 years. Got married in October 2018. Now this is 2020.8 yrs apart and ppl who got married within year got pr in 2 months from missisauga.
I don't remember when i had restless sleep. Work doesn't allow long Hollidays. Its expensive and exhausting to travel back nd forth.
Also even if you leave you hv to take care of lease rental expenses everything. No win in anything. I think they have no idea how someone alone survives despite of having something.

They are charging application fees and everything not doing charity work . Such pathetic service

Bhuvi229

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
I have been in long distance for 7 years. Got married in October 2018. Now this is 2020.8 yrs apart and ppl who got married within year got pr in 2 months from missisauga.
I don't remember when i had restless sleep. Work doesn't allow long Hollidays. Its expensive and exhausting to travel back nd forth.
Also even if you leave you hv to take care of lease rental expenses everything. No win in anything. I think they have no idea how someone alone survives despite of having something.

They are charging application fees and everything not doing charity work . Such pathetic service
Funally i have doubt , can we get the ppr in a year or not because atleast we have a hope to get after 2,3 months

Mdnawab

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Visa applicants do not always understand that immigration visas are subject to rationing by the annual immigration levels system. CIC has to allocate resources to each visa office according to the contribution that office is expected to make to the annual level. A given visa office is only expected, or allowed, to issue a certain number of immigration visas per year. They are not allowed to issue as many visas as they can. At times they must delay or stop processing certain categories of visas.

I have alluded in the Answer I mention above to problems in the working environment and career system for visa officers. Put yourself in a visa officer’s shoes. How productive would you be

that is the statement from a retired visa officer.
It’s 2 years old but I’m assuming it still applies??

Here is the full statement/answer:-
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-CIC-so-slow-and-what-are-their-employees-doing-all-day

Reactions: bassi4

rustin_cohle

Aug 13, 2016
Toronto
Visa Office......
London visa office

Agreed. We can only hope for the best. Fingers crossed ! Good luck to everyone including us.

May6applicant

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Zero hopes from ndvo! This wait is devastating, stressful and leading to depression day by day!
Killing me everyday! There is no such slow office like ndvo unfortunately!

Reactions: Ksirikon

mm032019

Nov 13, 2019
Guys my file is at 92 percent of the one year processing time and waiting for prearrival or ppr . Anyone else in the same boat please message.
Thanks
Your sponsor should approach local area MP, who can get you the status of your application or sometimes they even process your file soon after that.
They usually reply MP quickly .. I got response within 24 hours. That's the best you can do instead of calling yourself

amit.kololgi

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Your sponsor should approach local area MP, who can get you the status of your application or sometimes they even process your file soon after that.
They usually reply MP quickly .. I got response within 24 hours. That's the best you can do instead of calling yourself
What do you mean by MP here?

niraj_m

May 24, 2019
what happened to transparency, this process is so hidden, I shouldnt have to come here to determine timelines, the IRRC should be providing details every step of the way, not a blanket 12 months processing time, that is bull shit!
Very aptly said. All we get is 6/7 bullets points and one sentence next to it like "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" for months. What 'exactly' are you checking CIC? Please provide more details. We paid sufficient money in order to get more transparency. Now the CIC-enthusiasts will say "oh well, you can order GCMS notes." Another BS!!!! First, you dont GCMS notes immediately and Second, the notes are mostly useless (everything is work-in-process). These applications are important for us.... the separation is painful... why cant CIC be more quick, and if not quick then at least more transparent (transparent in a useful manner).

niraj_m

May 24, 2019
We should all get together and sign a petition online. they should issue work permits or visitor visas when the file is transferred to local visa office.
Not petition, but few people have opted to go to twitter and highlight this delay from NDVO (optionally compared to quick processing by Misssauga office). hashtagging and tagging right handles:

https://twitter.com/letzdotesting/status/1214233220482584581
https://twitter.com/Sindiya111/status/1213116179511799809
https://twitter.com/captainvikkohli/status/939017257727942657

#missisaugaVOvsNDVO
#Newdelhivisaoffice
#NDVO

jasperJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Not petition, but few people have opted to go to twitter and highlight this delay from NDVO (optionally compared to quick processing by Misssauga office). hashtagging and tagging right handles:

https://twitter.com/letzdotesting/status/1214233220482584581
https://twitter.com/Sindiya111/status/1213116179511799809
https://twitter.com/captainvikkohli/status/939017257727942657

#missisaugaVOvsNDVO
#Newdelhivisaoffice
#NDVO
it has to be a collective effort, few people ranting online won’t help anyone..