+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All who got FILE MOVED/transferred to NDVO 2019 please join

Saim Karim

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Another question.

you mentioned your file moved to NDVO directly ? and you mentioned there are multiple scenarios. I am trying to make sense out of each of these scenarios.

I'm thinking why is there a necessity to forward the file to NDVO ? I am guessing its purely for background checks ? (may be wrong. but just speculating/over thinking).

Could you tell me when you originally received the PR/Citizen was your spouse included in your PR application as non-accompanying ?
As far as i know, for Quebec applicants - whichever Visa Office the file moves to - processing is suspended till the receipt of the CSQ by Visa office.
Sometimes , they move to NDVO to distribute case load etc, but usually for background checks etc.

When i had applied and landed as a PR - I was not married - so there was no question for indicating spouse in my original PR application. What is your case?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
As far as i know, for Quebec applicants - whichever Visa Office the file moves to - processing is suspended till the receipt of the CSQ by Visa office.
Sometimes , they move to NDVO to distribute case load etc, but usually for background checks etc.

When i had applied and landed as a PR - I was not married - so there was no question for indicating spouse in my original PR application. What is your case?
Ok now I have a theory. Let me know if it makes sense to you.

You weren't married when you applied for PR originally. Which means that your Spouse never went through any of Canada visa process in the past. The fact that you are sponsoring your spouse now means that Canada has to do a background check of some sort and it takes the help of NDVO for it.
So here, there is a need to push the file to NDVO.

In my case, I was married when I applied for PR originally. However, I marked my spouse as Non-Accompanying. Regardless of accompanying/non-accompanying spouse, Canada definitely has to perform the back ground checks for all family members in the PR application. So background checks on Spouse might have already been performed at that point. So there is no need to re-do the checks during spousal sponsorship. And so no need to push the file to India.

This could explain why sometimes the file never gets pushed to NDVO and remains in Canada for the entire process.

Again, just speculating!!

Saim Karim

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Another question.

you mentioned your file moved to NDVO directly ? and you mentioned there are multiple scenarios. I am trying to make sense out of each of these scenarios.

I'm thinking why is there a necessity to forward the file to NDVO ? I am guessing its purely for background checks ? (may be wrong. but just speculating/over thinking).

Could you tell me when you originally received the PR/Citizen was your spouse included in your PR application as non-accompanying ?
As far as I know, wherever

You weren't married when you applied for PR originally. Which means that your Spouse never went through any of Canada visa process in the past. The fact that you are sponsoring your spouse now means that Canada has to do a background check of some sort and it takes the help of NDVO for it.

In my case, I was married when I applied for PR originally. However, I marked my spouse as Non-Accompanying. Regardless of accompanying/non-accompanying spouse, Canada definitely has to perform the back ground checks for all family members in the PR application. So background checks on Spouse might have already been performed at that point. So there is no need to re-do the checks during spousal sponsorship. And so no need to push the file to India.

This could explain why sometimes the file never gets pushed to NDVO and remains in Canada for the entire process.

Does make sense! Your spouse might have gone through background checks as part of your process for PR. Hence, for your spouse now there might not be a need to go through the full gamut of checks again.
In my case, they need to do it as from their perspective my spouse is a totally new candidate which they have to assess before granting a PR decision.
As far as Quebec process is concerned - you might have observed a trend. The medical requests for most of QC applicants is usually after they know that the CSQ is granted, or when they pick up the file for processsing and realize that they dont have the CSQ in their records and trigger a separate email specifically asking for the CSQ from the applicant.
This is because they wouldnt want to process a file and invest resources in it by not knowing the outcome of the CSQ. Because theoretically, if Quebec doesnt grant CSQ, the spousal sponsorship in effect is cancelled/null and void as Quebec in its first stage of approval hasnt deemed the applicant to be admissible.

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
As far as I know, wherever

Does make sense! Your spouse might have gone through background checks as part of your process for PR. Hence, for your spouse now there might not be a need to go through the full gamut of checks again.
In my case, they need to do it as from their perspective my spouse is a totally new candidate which they have to assess before granting a PR decision.
As far as Quebec process is concerned - you might have observed a trend. The medical requests for most of QC applicants is usually after they know that the CSQ is granted, or when they pick up the file for processsing and realize that they dont have the CSQ in their records and trigger a separate email specifically asking for the CSQ from the applicant.
This is because they wouldnt want to process a file and invest resources in it by not knowing the outcome of the CSQ. Because theoretically, if Quebec doesnt grant CSQ, the spousal sponsorship in effect is cancelled/null and void as Quebec in its first stage of approval hasnt deemed the applicant to be admissible.
Yes agreed. So in short, your theory saying IRCC will hold any further processing until CSQ is approved. Atleast in most of the cases. ok thanks. Im planning to order GCMS notes soon. Will get back with my findings.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019

Not necessary. My spouse was shown as non-accompanying on my application when I first applied and still his sponsorship application was moved to NDVO and is presently stuck there, even with dependents.

BharatFL

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017

Hi SKRPrince09,

I wanted to share my application story. I was not married when I applied for my PR. Now, I applied for my wife's PR under sponsorship from Quebec and our file moved to CPC-M. And yes, our application was in suspended state till we received our CSQ, which we received on May 14, 2020.

We have not heard anything from CPC-M lately. When I spoke to an agent he mentioned that they have approved all the requirements and the only thing pending is a "decision made" approval.

So from what I have understood, the files moving to NDVO or CPC-M was just to divide the load between the two offices as NDVO was getting a lot of files. The respective office completes all the checks and only if in some cases if there is a need for interview then the file moves from CPC-M to NDVO only if it was in CPC-M in first place. And for the last part the applicant will submit the passport to NDVO for stamping.

This is just my assumption.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKRPrince09

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Thanks for responding. You mean for the final DM, the file need to go back to a Canada visa office from NDVO ? But I think I am missing your point.

My file was moved to CPC Missisauga when I received Sponsorship Approval. (At the very first stage). I still had to go through the rest of the process of getting the CSQ. (Medical is still pending). I don't think this is my final stage.

I am trying to understand at what point my file will be moved to NDVO as the PA is from India.
Some less files were selected to be dealt with rt here in Canada or Mississauga. Chances are if yours met the same cirit. which it did ,now if it does not go to NDVO you are in Best of luck . As I said eventually all files will be sent to the vo of app

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hi!
There are cases where :
1) File directly moves to NDVO and is mentioned in the sponsor approval email
2) File moves to CPC mississauga and then later moves to NDVO
3) File stays in mississauga till the end of your processing.

I am also a quebec sponsor.
My wife hasn't yet received a medical request.
Her file was moved to NDVO directly.
SAm only few files were sent to mississauga in 2018, if this changed or something i dont know

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Hi SKRPrince09,

I wanted to share my application story. I was not married when I applied for my PR. Now, I applied for my wife's PR under sponsorship from Quebec and our file moved to CPC-M. And yes, our application was in suspended state till we received our CSQ, which we received on May 14, 2020.

We have not heard anything from CPC-M lately. When I spoke to an agent he mentioned that they have approved all the requirements and the only thing pending is a "decision made" approval.

So from what I have understood, the files moving to NDVO or CPC-M was just to divide the load between the two offices as NDVO was getting a lot of files. The respective office completes all the checks and only if in some cases if there is a need for interview then the file moves from CPC-M to NDVO only if it was in CPC-M in first place. And for the last part the applicant will submit the passport to NDVO for stamping.

This is just my assumption.

Appreciate you sharing your story. Do you mind telling me how you contacted an agent from CPC-M ? I would like to know about my status as well.

Also, Is your Medical complete ?

Parvez_051

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
Not necessary. My spouse was shown as non-accompanying on my application when I first applied and still his sponsorship application was moved to NDVO and is presently stuck there, even with dependents.
Yeah same with me ... my spouse was non-accompanying for my application and the sponsorhip file now is gone to the super punctual NDVO in Jan 2020.. and since then its dead.