+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those applicants applied under old system(before Feb,2008)

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
i do not know if the minister is going to keep physicians, lawyers in the new list

but what is clear is that the minister admits that his fast track is a total disaster

doctors do everything in canada from driving taxis,trucks,security to delivering pizzas but 90% will never work as doctors

even with the credential check it is going to make no difference because the problem lies with the licence and getting a residency which is near impossible

so after another 4 years the minister will say hey i got it wrong again
.................ooops

jemini

Apr 3, 2012
REPLY OF LETTER FROM MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT
==============================

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me with your concerns about the decision to return all Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications that were made prior to February 27, 2007.

I agree that this approach is grossly unfair to people who have been planning to make a new home in Canada. The people who are affected have followed all the rules, done everything we have asked of them and waited patiently, for up to 8 years, for us to uphold our part of the bargain.

Legislating away the backlog in this manner is an admission of failure on the part of the Government. Instead of addressing the backlog, the Government is simply pretending it does not exist. This policy essentially allows those who applied since early 2008 to queue jump ahead those who applied before. This is not fair.

Recently, the Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration conducted a study and made several recommendations on how to reduce the backlog of applications. We proposed several prudent and sensible ways to address the massive backlog. The Minister has chosen to ignore all of these proposals and proceed with a scheme that will destroy the plans and dreams of thousands of people who have prepared make Canada their home.

Thank you again for taking the time to express your concerns. If you have not already, I strongly suggest you write to Minster Jason Kenney and the Prime Minister to let them know your objections.

Warm regards,

Don

Don Davies, M.P.
Vancouver Kingsway
Official Opposition Critic for Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism
ph: (613) 943-0267

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/Ludhiana/Protesters-vent-their-ire-against-Canadian-govt/SP-Article1-837879.aspx

Protesters vent their ire against Canadian govt

With the proposed changes in the rules and regulations for immigration and citizenship of federal skilled workers (FSW) by the Canadian government, residents of Ludhiana aspiring to go to Canada have found Facebook to vent their anger against the Canadian government. Residents also staged a
protest at Chattar Singh Park here on Sunday.

Under the proposed legislation, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will close the files of FSW applicants who applied before February 27, 2008, and for whom the immigration officer had not made a decision based on selection criteria by March 29.

The affected people have created a page on Facebook, namely "Prospective Canadian Immigrants". Rakesh Kumar Garg, one of the affected persons, said a page had been created on Facebook to bring together such people who would be affected by the proposed legislation by citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism minister of Canada Jason Kenney.

"We are well aware of the reach of Internet and also that it has the ability to reach the deaf ears of the Canadian government. This is the reason a page has been created on Facebook and a large number of people are joining us everyday not only from Punjab but from almost all Asian countries," said Garg.

Nearly 200 people from across the state gathered at Chattar Singh Park on Sunday to discuss their future course of action. The affected people also raised slogans against the Canadian government. The Canadian government had stated that eliminating the longstanding backlog of FSW applications (prior to February 27, 2008) would allow the CIC to focus resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria.

Ranbir Batish, a follower of the Facebook page writes, "It seems as we are punished for trusting Canada blindly. Since we planned to settle in Canada our lives have come to a standstill today. Honourable minister wants the youth to come, but he forgot that we were also young when we had applied and if our cases are delayed it is not our fault."

Rimjim

Feb 28, 2010
Rajan01 said:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/Punjab/Ludhiana/Protesters-vent-their-ire-against-Canadian-govt/SP-Article1-837879.aspx

Protesters vent their ire against Canadian govt

With the proposed changes in the rules and regulations for immigration and citizenship of federal skilled workers (FSW) by the Canadian government, residents of Ludhiana aspiring to go to Canada have found Facebook to vent their anger against the Canadian government. Residents also staged a
protest at Chattar Singh Park here on Sunday.

Under the proposed legislation, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will close the files of FSW applicants who applied before February 27, 2008, and for whom the immigration officer had not made a decision based on selection criteria by March 29.

The affected people have created a page on Facebook, namely "Prospective Canadian Immigrants". Rakesh Kumar Garg, one of the affected persons, said a page had been created on Facebook to bring together such people who would be affected by the proposed legislation by citizenship, immigration and multiculturalism minister of Canada Jason Kenney.

"We are well aware of the reach of Internet and also that it has the ability to reach the deaf ears of the Canadian government. This is the reason a page has been created on Facebook and a large number of people are joining us everyday not only from Punjab but from almost all Asian countries," said Garg.

Nearly 200 people from across the state gathered at Chattar Singh Park on Sunday to discuss their future course of action. The affected people also raised slogans against the Canadian government. The Canadian government had stated that eliminating the longstanding backlog of FSW applications (prior to February 27, 2008) would allow the CIC to focus resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria.

Ranbir Batish, a follower of the Facebook page writes, "It seems as we are punished for trusting Canada blindly. Since we planned to settle in Canada our lives have come to a standstill today. Honourable minister wants the youth to come, but he forgot that we were also young when we had applied and if our cases are delayed it is not our fault."
Hi,

Let the minister be feel some heat.

Rimjim

SKGSSP

Star Member
Jul 1, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rimjim said:
Hi,

Let the minister be feel some heat.

Rimjim
Dear Friends!
The news seem even more confusing, as 20,000 applications are still being processed and the rest 280,000 applicants will receive their fee paid refunded out of 300,000 total applicants!
How can we know whose applications are being processed? How much time will it take?
Can anybody give some clue?
Seems whole life will be spent on waiting and waiting!

noman

Jun 13, 2010
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111 and 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2004
Doc's Request.
08/07/2011
AOR Received.
sep 2004
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Very true, also they should tell clearly that which 20,000
they wll process?

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
how do you guys know that there are other applications being process? !! do you mean theire ecas is not cancelled or what

Jusa

Apr 11, 2012
When I applied for immigration in Jan 2007 I was 48 and i received letter along with file number with a commitment to complete immigration process within 48 months but they enhanced the time period unto 87 months. Now Canadian government is planning to close the cases of about 280000 applications that applied before Feb 2008 and refund the money. Money is no matter I say to Canadian government to keep the money with them it will strengthen the economy of Canada. I want to ask them to return my precious time of about 5 years for the waiting of fulfillment of commitment from the Canadian government as I have crossed the age limit of 49 years to score maximum. I am very upset and it will cause nervous breakdown to me. And it may cause same problems with other 279999 applicants all over the world. Who will provide us the justice? :(

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
cooldoc80 said:
how do you guys know that there are other applications being process? !! do you mean theire ecas is not cancelled or what
Nobody's ecas is cancelled yet as the bill is yet not passed. Do you know anyone whose ecas has been cancelled? [/font]

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Canany one reply to my query? I got my caips in Jan 2011 where following was detailed

SELDEC 00
PSDEC 01

Points 72

Ielts 7
It was already more than a year and no communication. However few months back I recd email in reply to my query wherein my file no was replaced with word ECU File No: B0********. It means after getting caips my file was moved for some action. Can I conclude that my file has been processed and it may be a part of 20000 nos being processed.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
hopefulever

i hope so for u and furthermore one guy called to chc london and got reply from some vo that there is case is not going to be closed he has 4131 and even at initial stage but i do not know exact situation.
i think u shuld call and ask the current situation
saleem

xiaodeng

Apr 12, 2012
Join facebook group to oppose the proposal
w.facebook.com/groups/179730375479964/

Let's join together, and express our concern to CIC! Kindly spread this fb forum to as many ppl as possible, the more participants we join in, the strong power that we have.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
hi guys , could anybody explain to me this latest statement by kenny , what does he mean by new changes could include retrospectively those who applied?
does this include us pre-2008

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-04-17.asp

thanks