+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All those applicants applied under old system(before Feb,2008)

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Operational Bulletin 413 - April 27, 2012
Processing for Certain Federal Skilled Worker Backlog Applications: Budget 2012 – amended version
Issue
A number of immigration-related announcements were made in the 2012 budget on March 29, 2012. This Operational Bulletin (OB) replaces OB 400 and OB 404, and serves to clarify further the immediate implications for processing of Federal Skilled Worker applications received prior to February 27, 2008.

Background
Budget 2012 (Economic Action Plan 2012) proposes to eliminate the backlog in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program by terminating certain applications made prior to February 27, 2008. Applicants whose application would be terminated as a result will have the fees paid to CIC returned to them. The FSW proposal to terminate certain FSW applications announced as part of the March 2012 Budget may be enacted by amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) through the Budget Implementation Act (BIA) bill. The FSW proposal will be of no legal effect until the BIA bill is enacted and comes into force. The BIA has now been introduced. However, the coming into force date, if the bill becomes law, is not yet known.

Instructions
Until the FSW proposal is enacted and comes into force, local managers are to continue with the processing of FSW applications, including FSW applications made prior to February 27, 2008, whether a selection decision has been rendered or not prior to March 29, 2012. This means that processing of all cohorts of FSW cases should continue. Established priorities for MI cases remain in effect.

Local communications and website changes that may have resulted from OB 400 and OB 404 should be discontinued.

Further messaging on next steps with respect to FSW backlog cases affected by the Budget announcement will be published as soon as they become available, including the process for how the return of fees will be implemented.

nahid023

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
We are reaching the right people who can make a big difference:

NDP Says Kenney Presses Delete Button On 30,000 People

Jinny Sims, NDP’s new Immigration critic, says potential new Canadians being punished for government inaction.

OTTAWA – The F35s and prisons agenda aren’t the only places that are seeing wild improvisation from the Harper government, according to the NDP.

In fact, the Official Opposition’s new Immigration Critic, Jinny Sims says that thousands of potential new Canadians are seeing their files wiped out because of government inaction.

“The Conservatives have decided to hit the delete button on the files of 300,000 people in the federal skilled worker program,” said Sims as she grilled Minister Jason Kenney during Question Period today.

The Conservative government recently decided to return all skilled worker applications received before 2008 in an effort to wipe out the backlog. But many applicants are now wondering why those who got in line patiently and followed the rules are now being punished.

“We are hearing tragic stories in my constituency office almost every day,” said Sims. “Frankly, they wonder how a country like Canada could be so unfair and cruel.”

Sims said she believes that new Canadians make our country stronger, but many are not getting the fair treatment they deserve. To that end, she believes Canada needs a fair efficient, transparent and accountable immigration system – not what the Conservatives are offering.

“What happened to fairness when it comes to our immigration system and why this colossal betrayal of trust?”
http://thelinkpaper.ca/​?p=15943

http://www.youtube.com/​watch?v=GUrLKRQmc5c

nahid023

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
hello friends,

please join our facebook group (605 members are already there) to raise our voice and oppose the proposal together:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/179730375479964/

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
New immigration policy of Canada draws flak
Jangveer Singh
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, April 29
More than one lakh Punjabis are likely to be affected by a controversial decision of the Canadian government to close the files of candidates who had applied for immigration under the federal skilled workers (FSW) category before February 28, 2008.

A protest will be launched against the move in Chandigarh on April 30.

The Conservative government in Canada has decided to create, what it terms, a fast and flexible immigration system and which will eliminate backlog in the federal economic immigration programme. The new policy aims at recruiting skilled labour that addresses the country’s immediate labour market needs.

The proposal, which was put in the Canadian budget on March 29, will be implemented soon. The government plans to refund fees and return applications of all those who applied before February 28, 2008.

The Conservative government feels that it should not be bogged down with the backlog created by the erstwhile Labour government. The move will affect three lakh people worldwide, most of whom are Indian and Chinese. Thousands of Punjabis have been waiting for immigration for the past eight years and will now stand no chance of immigration under the new format, which will fast-track immigration of 29 categories of skilled workers.

Advocate Rakesh Garg, who is also an applicant for permanent immigration and heads the Pre-2008 Canadian Back-loggers Association, said candidates from across the state would hold a rally in Chandigarh on April 30.

Garg said the association would also take up the matter with Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and urge him to seek Prime Minister’s intervention in the matter as more than one lakh Punjabis would be affected by the move. Other aggrieved applicants, including Lajwant Bains and Jagminder Singh, claimed the decision was a repetition of the Komagata Maru incident and against the Continuous Journey Act, 2008, as it “goes against the first come, first serve principle. They said family reunification cases would also be delayed under the new policy.

The immigration hopefuls have established a prospective Canadian immigrations Facebook page. Garg said he was also in coordination with prospective immigrants from China, Pakistan and Sri Lanka to launch a worldwide protest against the move.

the controversy

n The Conservative government has decided to close the files of candidates who had applied for immigration under the federal skilled workers category before February 28, 2008

n The move will affect three lakh people worldwide, most of whom are Indians and Chinese

n Thousands of Punjabis have been waiting for immigration for the past eight years and will now stand no chance of immigration under the new format

Source: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2012/20120430/cth1.htm

gspreet

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 sep 2014
Nomination.....
PER 17 Dec 2014
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-06-2015 Submitted on 15-06-2015 Collected PP with VISA 26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
For latest news about protest
Visit : unfaircicnews(.)wordpress(.)com(/)news

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Dear forum seniors and friends,

I raise my voice from Afghanistan against the latest plan of Kenney for wiping out immigration bag log by eliminating pre Feb 2008 applicants. This is not only unfair but also has no logics behind from a developed country like Canada. How it is possible to cheat people for more than 5-6 years, promising them for immigration, and at the end of story says NO we don’t need you anymore and return the fees after 6 year. In fact we have picked out Canada as our second homeland and did all the instruction given me by Canadian High Commissions. Personally I prepared all the required documents and passed IELTS test and sent all my original documents to them for the hope to go Canada. Everyday I was waking up for the hope to get the good news for medical request. No one can imagine how I and my family passed this long waiting time. We missed lots of opportunities in the last five year waiting period to Canada. Who will compensate for our valued time wasted for going to Canada? How can I state this to my 5-year old twin daughters who are always asking me when we are going to Canada? I know that the government of our war-torn country Afghanistan is not able to protect the right of its residents. So I think if the bill is passed it represents the decision of Canadian government which plays to the life of 300,000 people around the world. Therefore, I think we have to get to gather and raise our vice internationally against this unfair decision around the world to infamous those who plays with the life of innocent people.

Best,

Rajan01

Star Member
Jan 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New- delhi
NOC Code......
4211&4112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-06
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
06-09-06
hamid22 said:
How can I state this to my 5-year old twin daughters who are always asking me when we are going to Canada?
Dear Hamid,
Don't loose hope, “When God closes one door , he opens another ; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Hope for the Best and Good Luck!
Rajan

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Backloggers are not worried about closed door but how to get their money back with cost attached to it with last eight years. That is the worry now.

Mancilla

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2012
Dear Friends,

Here'z a golden opportunity to provide you feedback about the budget bill, that will slash close to 300,000 backlog applications. Make the best use of this.

http://budget2012.ndp.ca/

Take Care

kolaveri_di_canada

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
applied in 2007- mine is IN PROCESS n when i click on in process it say we started processing ur application on 2007 ...no changes or additional line ..no disappereance of address or any thing of that sort.. what do u guys think of my case? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
kolaveri_di_canada

can u tell which month of 2007 , also i think u shuld send enquiry to vo abt current PR status
saleem

kolaveri_di_canada

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
msaleem216 said:
kolaveri_di_canada

can u tell which month of 2007 , also i think u shuld send enquiry to vo abt current PR status
saleem
Aug 2007..they requested my docs in sept 2011 - sent on nov 2011.-- ecas in process no additional line-chc where applied is closed.

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.
10-03-2009
Med's Done....
11-03-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2014
LANDED..........
3rd December,2014 INSHA ALLAH
kolaveri_di_canada

u can see the status by getting caips notes this will help u to find the exact situatiion of the file

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi Kolaveri_di_canada, from what I understood... if your visa is not approved and they apply the new law, you will be in the group of slashed applications, and the funds are going to be returned.

"Any application which does not have a decision made by March 29".