+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
I'm guessing this might be a system update and not necessary an individual update....I'm guessing. Our portal also shows updated on February 14, 2022.
Alexis1971 you had an update February 11th I didn't my update before was February 7th not sure what is going on

Luxp

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi, I applied for TRV for my spouse and it got rejected twice. Her PR has been in progress and no AOR yet. Will the 2 refusals affect the PR application? Should I wait for AOR before I apply for TRV again?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I applied for TRV for my spouse and it got rejected twice. Her PR has been in progress and no AOR yet. Will the 2 refusals affect the PR application? Should I wait for AOR before I apply for TRV again?
No, won't affect PR application - as long as you disclose her previous refusals (this is EXTREMELY important).

Yes, waiting until AOR might make sense - although no guarantee then either. Before/after, probalby more important is if anything has changed and the application strengthened.

Govt has said they'll do something on family reunification, but no actual announcement or details - you could wait and see about that too.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Hello Friends
I just want to share some news today. There is a COPR issued in new track portal. However, I haven't received PPR letter on both online account and ecas. Once the COPR issued, it means that application is approved right? I just need to wait for PPR letter?

Reactions: BRIL23

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Friends
I just want to share some news today. There is a COPR issued in new track portal. However, I haven't received PPR letter on both online account and ecas. Once the COPR issued, it means that application is approved right? I just need to wait for PPR letter?
Are you sure that this means the COPR was issued? I would really caution against taking everything in a new portal at face value.

In particular: it seems there is a line in the new portal marked copr date or something. Look at the date - it seems to correspond to passport expiry date or something else. In other words, it does not mean what you think it means.

(I hope I'm wrong and good luck of course)

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
Are you sure that this means the COPR was issued? I would really caution against taking everything in a new portal at face value.

In particular: it seems there is a line in the new portal marked copr date or something. Look at the date - it seems to correspond to passport expiry date or something else. In other words, it does not mean what you think it means.

(I hope I'm wrong and good luck of course)

The expiry date is one day before the passport expire date which is make sense. And the document number of COPR was issued as well.
This section was showed unavailable before. So I assume it is right?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The expiry date is one day before the passport expire date which is make sense. And the document number of COPR was issued as well.
This section was showed unavailable before. So I assume it is right?
The language says you'll get the COPR 'when you're approved.'

I don't think the date means anything more than the latest possible date of validity based on passport date (COPR are always shorter-tenor than passport they're linked to). But that likely will NOT be the actual expiry date (which is usually one year after medical).

Frankly I dont' know why they include this page, in my view it doesn't mean anything. Probably just means the new portal is still a work in progress.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
The language says you'll get the COPR 'when you're approved.'

I don't think the date means anything more than the latest possible date of validity based on passport date (COPR are always shorter-tenor than passport they're linked to). But that likely will NOT be the actual expiry date (which is usually one year after medical).

Frankly I dont' know why they include this page, in my view it doesn't mean anything. Probably just means the new portal is still a work in progress.
I am not sure what do you mean. The COPR has its own document number which is not the passport number.
And also, the portal showed background and eligibility assessment is completed. Pre arrive letter was issued 2 weeks ago.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am not sure what do you mean. The COPR has its own document number which is not the passport number.
And also, the portal showed background and eligibility assessment is completed. Pre arrive letter was issued 2 weeks ago.
Did you get a passport request? If not, there's no copr. What difference does it make if they say "when approved, you'll be issued a COPR?" Your'e still not approved. And there's no way they will issue a COPR now that's valid until late 2024.

More importantly: my understanding is they're including this info for all applicants in new portal, unrelated to where in approval process they are. (I could be wrong about that)

Put differently, if they put "when you become a PR, you'll be issued a PR card", would that mean anything? I can tell you right now what the number would be:
It will be the same as your UCI.