FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I called IRCC and the agent told me they are focusing on urgent files I.e. Afghanistan… so we are not seen as urgent or important people. There needs to be a way to make our situation important as well.
Yes, that is what the MP's office said as well.

ta1ons

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
So I asked my MP that why my file was delayed so much and I got the reply from IRCC.
  • Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible
I don't know what to say.

Solukoy

Jan 29, 2020
The best thing is to protest in front of the Mississaugua office, because that is where most of our files are. If we do this everyday for one week, I am very sure something will be done. This is ridiculous. Get your family to join in, friends etc. #Occupymississauga.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Hi Lisa. I hope you’re okay. Did your MP mention something like they wouldn’t be able to help anymore because the parliament was dissolved?
Hi no they said right now they are prioritizing calls regarding the Afghanistan situation.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi no they said right now they are prioritizing calls regarding the Afghanistan situation.
I just read on other forum that one person was told by their MP that the MP couldn’t help anymore because the parliament was dissolved. Yesterday my partner emailed his MP office and I’m so worried we will get same response.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I just read on other forum that one person was told by their MP that the MP couldn’t help anymore because the parliament was dissolved. Yesterday my partner emailed his MP office and I’m so worried we will get same response.
There's no such rule or restriction that I'm aware of but reality is that the mps staff and time will he taken up by election.

Thankfully the election period is short and will be done in less than a month.

Reactions: Lisaexpat

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
There's no such rule or restriction that I'm aware of but reality is that the mps staff and time will he taken up by election.

Thankfully the election period is short and will be done in less than a month.
Hi! I hope you’re okay. How’s your family? Thank you for your response. Such a relief. My partner in a good relationship with his MP as they are neighbors. I hope his office will find some time for us.

Reactions: armoured