Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Hi, sorry to hear you received rejection. Dont get depressed and loose hope. This is one obstacle CIC like to throw at us, but at the end you will win.

1. Its 30 days. You have to send it to the RAD as instructed.
2. No additional supporting document is required at this point.
3. Not sure what do you mean by that. At this point you only need to send the appeal for principal applicant. If you are sponsor you dont need to appeal as your sponsorship is already approved I assume.
4,5,6. After filling appeal, they will send you case file which is also referred as bluebook. You should wait to receive and review that before sending anything as the file contains all history and comments why CIC have made the decision. After that you can submit additional supporting documents challenging their concerns as per the bluebook. It will take few more months after receiving the bluebook if your case is selected for ADR where you meet with ministers counsel. If your case is not selected for ADR, it will be few more months longer to get your hearing date with a judge.

You have few more months before you can do anything, feel free to spend some time with your spouse. This is a very stressful time.

Best of luck!

Hello all!

I have recently joined the same boat which most people are! I got my rejection letter which is sad.. I have been reading lots on this forum and I hope someone can help me with some questions as I want to file an appeal. Reason of rejection is they do not think our relationship was genuine lol

Application received Dec 31 2018
Met eligibility as a sponsor Jan 24 2019
Medical Requested Jan 25 2019
File sent and processed to BEY office Feb 1 2019
Biometric requested Feb 6 2019
Interview requested Mar 21 2019
Rejection - April 19 2019

Now I would appreciate if someone can help me answer the below as I really do not want to go through a lawyer and I have seen many successful cases here and hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

1. The letter says I have to file an appeal within 30 days, I am assuming this is sending them the notice of appeal to RAD(websites says 15 days)??
2. Do I have to send additional documents when sending the notice of appeal?
3. Do I have to file an appealants record? done by me?
4. It says on CIC website " Unless a hearing is ordered, the RAD will wait 15 days before making a decision on your appeal" ???
5. Also during the informal meeting with RAD and minsiter do I need to take any documents?
6. Once I file an apeal, it takes 120 days to hear back and how long will it take for me to meet with them? As I am planning to go see my Mrs since this is all getting very stressful..

I appreciate a reply from anyone who is in the same boat as times are hard!

Reactions: mex88

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical Requested Jan 25 2019
Hi, sorry to hear you received rejection. Dont get depressed and loose hope. This is one obstacle CIC like to throw at us, but at the end you will win.

1. Its 30 days. You have to send it to the RAD as instructed.
2. No additional supporting document is required at this point.
3. Not sure what do you mean by that. At this point you only need to send the appeal for principal applicant. If you are sponsor you dont need to appeal as your sponsorship is already approved I assume.
4,5,6. After filling appeal, they will send you case file which is also referred as bluebook. You should wait to receive and review that before sending anything as the file contains all history and comments why CIC have made the decision. After that you can submit additional supporting documents challenging their concerns as per the bluebook. It will take few more months after receiving the bluebook if your case is selected for ADR where you meet with ministers counsel. If your case is not selected for ADR, it will be few more months longer to get your hearing date with a judge.

You have few more months before you can do anything, feel free to spend some time with your spouse. This is a very stressful time.

Best of luck!
Thanks for the reply munimisu.

Just to clarify further, about 4,5,6 On what basis do they agree or accept for an ADR to meet with the ministers counsel? based on the additional information provided?
if I am not mistaken is it 120 days for bluebook and then i give them additional information? once they review additional documents they decide whether they will accept an ADR and meet with the counsel? On what basis do they accept an ADR? its a bit conufsing, hope u can clarify

Also regarding number 3, on cic website they say
  • no more than 30 days after the day on which you received the written reasons for the RPD decision, you must file your appellant's record.
What is the difference between notice of appaeal and appellants record, do i have t file both?

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after you are refused you and your spouse appeal decision.. you have 30 days to do so. Instructions will come with the official refusal letter you you received.
After that you will recieve a 'blue book'......in about 3-4 months....which includes your original application, interview notes and anything the visa officer wrote about you will be in this book. This book will help you understand why the visa officer refused you and will help you prepare evidence....

after the blue book is sent out......the appeal office IAD...will review your file (usually a few months after receiving blue book) and see if you qualify for an
ADR - alternative dispute resolution - its a less formal 1 hour meeting with a visa officer, IAD officer and the Canadian spouse...in which the Canadian spouse presents evidence and is asked a series of questions and advocates why the previous officer made a wrong decision about the relationship....This route is usually faster, however, only certain cases are selected for this route. If the IAD officer thinks the case can be resolved without having to go to court they will take this route. If you are selected for an ADR but do not win...you can choose to go to a full hearing.

I was selected for ADR....my timeline as follows

Appeal decision December 2016
I received blue book April 2017.
I sent in evidence and requested and ADR May 2017
In august 2017 i got a phone call and was given an ADR date of September 25th 2017.
I sent in more evidence september 10th.
September 20th i received a phone call from the officer who would be questioning me at ADR as she read my evidence in advance and allowed my appeal (we won) she said the evidence spoke for itself and questioning was not needed.
October 23 - the government requested updated forms, medical security.
November 9th - we sent them everything they needed......and have been waiting since then.

Full Court hearing.( you go to court it can be a few hours to a full day hearing in front of a judge)

this is usually a 1.5 to 2 year wait from when you appeal. There are many members on here who have had to go to full court for their case and i am sure they will share their stores with you as well.

Here is some information on the Canadian website on the process

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx
on what basis do someone get accepted for ADR, how can i guarantee that i get it? is there a way, plz someone explain..

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
on what basis do someone get accepted for ADR, how can i guarantee that i get it? is there a way, plz someone explain..
If you are able to provide enough evidence to overcome the officers reason for refusing you, you will likely get an adr.

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are able to provide enough evidence to overcome the officers reason for refusing you, you will likely get an adr.
Thanks, so it is always the case they will request more evidencee after bluebook in order to decide if you get ADR?
Was there cases where people sent evidence with notice of appeal and it got accepted? As i i thinking of sending some evidence with my appeal but i dont know if they wil accept it. Someone plz advice

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thanks, so it is always the case they will request more evidencee after bluebook in order to decide if you get ADR?
Was there cases where people sent evidence with notice of appeal and it got accepted? As i i thinking of sending some evidence with my appeal but i dont know if they wil accept it. Someone plz advice
No you shouldn't do this. Once you send your notice, it needs to be assigned to an officer and your file needs to be created. With us, they asked us for additional information after they got the file opened. They didn't wait until recieving the bb.

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No you shouldn't do this. Once you send your notice, it needs to be assigned to an officer and your file needs to be created. With us, they asked us for additional information after they got the file opened. They didn't wait until recieving the bb.
Wow that is very unfair... Even to send additional evidence is not guaranteed in order to try and oroop yourself. Very sad indeed. Its like rolling a dice.... I wish i could send additional docs in order to increase my chances

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@shalenabennie thank you very much for the time you took to speak and explain some of the things! I really appreciate it! Wishing you a speedy PPR!

VJ2012

Star Member
Jun 29, 2012
Hi,
I would like to speak to someone who can guide for the refusal case of my spouse.
Same reason - non-genuine marriage - small ceremony, parents from one side were not part of the ceremony.
I have already filed an appeal and hired a lawyer.
Have gone through this website a lot , lot of good advises.
Need to speak to someone who can share their experience. Would be great if you are able to talk to someone, thanks please message me.
thanks. and god bless.

balpunjabi

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi,
I would like to speak to someone who can guide for the refusal case of my spouse.
Same reason - non-genuine marriage - small ceremony, parents from one side were not part of the ceremony.
I have already filed an appeal and hired a lawyer.
Have gone through this website a lot , lot of good advises.
Need to speak to someone who can share their experience. Would be great if you are able to talk to someone, thanks please message me.
thanks. and god bless.
Check ur msg or send me ur no.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good evening my sweet friends on this platform..
Please can anyone who have used the services of vfs global how fast and efficient they are.
I got request for updated forms and ircc indicated use vfs but since 15/4/2019 till today I did not get a confirm delivery update neither from vfs nor ircc Ghana office and its giving a great worries.
I sent document and on receipt they wrote visa fee and in another part of the receipt they wrote passport transmission write now I am so confused.
Can any knowledgeable member help me to understand.
Thank you

adun99

Apr 26, 2019
Dear all,
I am a Canadian citizen origin from Bangladesh. Me and my ex applied as skilled immigrant worker 11 years ago and we got citizenship in 2013. We have one daughter together 10 years old. My ex left me and my daughter on 2016 and the divorce was finalized on 2017. I work here with the government and did PhD in engineering and raising my daughter alone. In 2018 September I started talking with a Pakistani girl 6 years younger than me. She is a divorced school teacher and was married for three years and her husband left her coz of psychological disorder. My parents was looking for a bride through online matrimony and they basically introduced me with her through her family members. So we kept on talking over phone, emails, messenger and liked each other. So we let our parents know and they have meeting and finalized the date of wedding last year in December when I get leave from work for a month. As you know very well the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and Bangladesh is not good. So I applied from Canada for Pakistan visa as my father in law sent me government stamped invitation letter. Finally I got the visa for Pakistan to get married. Due to election that time in Bangladesh they were not giving any visa to Pakistanis including me wife when she applied. So I went to Bangladesh first took the blessing of my parents and went to Pakistan to get married. My parents couldn't attend wedding ceremony and reception but they saw the whole proceeding live including my daughter. I took many pictures of the occasions with all her parents, relatives and pics of big screen where it shows my parents and relatives are watching the procession. I have submitted the application just two months ago. So its still under process. The marriage had wedding ceremony, reception, rukhsathi ( staying with husband) . I have submitted all receipts of the hotels, shopping together etc.. In my case parents could not attend as they wont get visa and cost effective. But they knew about may marriage and saw the whole weeding live and I captured many pictures of it and that was submitted. explained in a bit too. Also my wife's ID card, passport carry my name and also she is carrying my last name that has also been attached. My colleagues host a small party to celebrate my marriage sent me congratulations emails, card and comments on social media that also has been submitted. I am really scared my destiny and willing to leave Canada if needed for my wife as my marriage is genuine and followed all the rituals.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Dear all,
I am a Canadian citizen origin from Bangladesh. Me and my ex applied as skilled immigrant worker 11 years ago and we got citizenship in 2013. We have one daughter together 10 years old. My ex left me and my daughter on 2016 and the divorce was finalized on 2017. I work here with the government and did PhD in engineering and raising my daughter alone. In 2018 September I started talking with a Pakistani girl 6 years younger than me. She is a divorced school teacher and was married for three years and her husband left her coz of psychological disorder. My parents was looking for a bride through online matrimony and they basically introduced me with her through her family members. So we kept on talking over phone, emails, messenger and liked each other. So we let our parents know and they have meeting and finalized the date of wedding last year in December when I get leave from work for a month. As you know very well the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and Bangladesh is not good. So I applied from Canada for Pakistan visa as my father in law sent me government stamped invitation letter. Finally I got the visa for Pakistan to get married. Due to election that time in Bangladesh they were not giving any visa to Pakistanis including me wife when she applied. So I went to Bangladesh first took the blessing of my parents and went to Pakistan to get married. My parents couldn't attend wedding ceremony and reception but they saw the whole proceeding live including my daughter. I took many pictures of the occasions with all her parents, relatives and pics of big screen where it shows my parents and relatives are watching the procession. I have submitted the application just two months ago. So its still under process. The marriage had wedding ceremony, reception, rukhsathi ( staying with husband) . I have submitted all receipts of the hotels, shopping together etc.. In my case parents could not attend as they wont get visa and cost effective. But they knew about may marriage and saw the whole weeding live and I captured many pictures of it and that was submitted. explained in a bit too. Also my wife's ID card, passport carry my name and also she is carrying my last name that has also been attached. My colleagues host a small party to celebrate my marriage sent me congratulations emails, card and comments on social media that also has been submitted. I am really scared my destiny and willing to leave Canada if needed for my wife as my marriage is genuine and followed all the rituals.
Hi sir, after reading your post, I'm not sure what your question is? Are you thinking to apply to sponsor your wife and have concerns?