+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Marijet

Jul 9, 2017
I'm sorry to hear....I am under similar situation..not as long as wait but longer then most couples on here. Won appeal September 2017 (was supposed to go to ADR but officer just reviewed evidence and allowed it and said ADR was not necessary )....updated forms October 23...file started in Ottawa and was transfered overseas in March 2018....,then they request new forms and security...which we sent May 7..and have been waiting since . What country is your wife from ?
hi.. i hope you could help me. did you get your PR visa already? .i won my appeal june 2018 without going throug ADR also.and in august they asked for new medical then then on september 5 they asked for updated forms and new PCC. and now it’s almost 2 moths now that i haven’t heard anything from them.i wanted to know if there are more documents that they will need after this ? and how long until they ask for passport request ?.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
hi.. i hope you could help me. did you get your PR visa already? .i won my appeal june 2018 without going throug ADR also.and in august they asked for new medical then then on september 5 they asked for updated forms and new PCC. and now it’s almost 2 moths now that i haven’t heard anything from them.i wanted to know if there are more documents that they will need after this ? and how long until they ask for passport request ?.
We won our appeal only Aug 10 and they just sent request for new forms, schedule A form,, medical, pr free of $490 and criminal records check of current country on Oct 3. We probably have long way to go. I was told about 6 months after sending in new forms :( I THINK after you complete security clearance (background check) they send request for passport. But I also read that can take from a few weeks to months :(

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Heloo every one we never get hearing date but we recived a later frome IAd ofice thy said submit your on going proof of relationship my lawyers said i saw 1st time without hearing date they said sumbit proof so my qustion is is it normal or not please share with me if any have experience we are realy confuse please reply me .thanks
If I were you I would call the IAD office they will explain to you exactly what they need and for what reason. It is not the norm, however maybe they are trying to decide whether you will have adr or a full hearing. There have been rare instances where an appeal has been granted without a hearing based on strong evidence provided, maybe in your case they feel your relationship is likely genuine and are giving you a chance to provide evidence and hopefully avoid a hearing altogether... Who knows, so best advice is to call them asap!

Marijet

Jul 9, 2017
We won our appeal only Aug 10 and they just sent request for new forms, schedule A form,, medical, pr free of $490 and criminal records check of current country on Oct 3. We probably have long way to go. I was told about 6 months after sending in new forms :( I THINK after you complete security clearance (background check) they send request for passport. But I also read that can take from a few weeks to months :(
thank you for your reply. may i know where is your visa office? mine is in manila. i was hoping to be there for christmas. i hope it goes fast for you.this waiting game is getting depressing already. i thought it will be faster after winning the appeal.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
thank you for your reply. may i know where is your visa office? mine is in manila. i was hoping to be there for christmas. i hope it goes fast for you.this waiting game is getting depressing already. i thought it will be faster after winning the appeal.
I thought it would be faster too. I was told that approved appeals become priority, but it definitely doesn't seem that way. Our processing center is London UK

LovinglyGrimm

Aug 4, 2016
PLEASE HELP.

My husband and I got married on April 2017 and though it took a while we were able to begin filing for the entire process around February of last year. My husband, a Canadian citizen of Quebec, is going to sponsor me, a US citizen, through the family spousal sponsorship route.

We are using representatives. We have passed every expensive hurdle and obstacle in our path, but then came the time to send all the papers out for the CSQ things sort of went silent. Roughly 3-4 months passed to this date, but they still would not send us the CSQ we needed to give to the Canadian government to continue the processing. Our representatives filed for an extension each time, but this last time apparently it has been rejected.

We then receive news that despite all of this being out of our hands, that they have refused the extension and rejected my application due to not having the CSQ.

This whole process has been an expensive nightmare, and despite doing everything correctly, our representatives assure us we did everything right, we are now being forced to try to figure out an appeal process.

I don't know where to start. We attempted to gather funds for an additional lawyer, since apparently our representatives don't do that :( , but this whole thing has been so expensive it is doubtful we will be able to come up with anything significant as far as funding.

I looked at the appeal application and checklist online and it seems to only ask for two documents. While I was first optimistic because of this, I then read that it is highly recommended I hire a lawyer because apparently this, in itself, is going to be a rough process that I have to figure out within the 30 day period.

Does anyone have any advice? Anyone been through this before and can tell me whether or not I should be worried or if I truly need a lawyer or not for the process? This whole thing has gotten me very confused. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
PLEASE HELP.

My husband and I got married on April 2017 and though it took a while we were able to begin filing for the entire process around February of last year. My husband, a Canadian citizen of Quebec, is going to sponsor me, a US citizen, through the family spousal sponsorship route.

We are using representatives. We have passed every expensive hurdle and obstacle in our path, but then came the time to send all the papers out for the CSQ things sort of went silent. Roughly 3-4 months passed to this date, but they still would not send us the CSQ we needed to give to the Canadian government to continue the processing. Our representatives filed for an extension each time, but this last time apparently it has been rejected.

We then receive news that despite all of this being out of our hands, that they have refused the extension and rejected my application due to not having the CSQ.

This whole process has been an expensive nightmare, and despite doing everything correctly, our representatives assure us we did everything right, we are now being forced to try to figure out an appeal process.

I don't know where to start. We attempted to gather funds for an additional lawyer, since apparently our representatives don't do that :( , but this whole thing has been so expensive it is doubtful we will be able to come up with anything significant as far as funding.

I looked at the appeal application and checklist online and it seems to only ask for two documents. While I was first optimistic because of this, I then read that it is highly recommended I hire a lawyer because apparently this, in itself, is going to be a rough process that I have to figure out within the 30 day period.

Does anyone have any advice? Anyone been through this before and can tell me whether or not I should be worried or if I truly need a lawyer or not for the process? This whole thing has gotten me very confused. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
What is csq?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
The CSQ is essentially a paper from Quebec, formally called the Certificat de Sélection du Québec, posted this in that thread too just in case, that says Quebec is alright with me immigrating there.

However, Quebec took too long. I'm getting the short end of the stick. :(
Wow I didn't think you would need something line that for a spouse sponsorship. That's really sad, and irritating that they have their own special rules when it comes to going there. This is definitely the 1st I've ever heard of something like that. Maybe it's time he left Quebec lol Reapply in a new province. I definitely can't help you with your situation, I dint know nothing about Quebec and their "special" rules. I hope someone else can help :(

LovinglyGrimm

Aug 4, 2016
Wow I didn't think you would need something line that for a spouse sponsorship. That's really sad, and irritating that they have their own special rules when it comes to going there. This is definitely the 1st I've ever heard of something like that. Maybe it's time he left Quebec lol Reapply in a new province. I definitely can't help you with your situation, I dint know nothing about Quebec and their "special" rules. I hope someone else can help :(
Thank you for the quick reply anyhow!

Essentially, to my knowledge but I've only dealt with the Quebec side, it's their only real extra bit to and and it didn't go very well. :( Despite everything, our lawyers are suggesting we continue pushing for them to deliver their side of the paperwork, but what's the point if our application is rejected for not having that forum. Lol

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thank you for the quick reply anyhow!

Essentially, to my knowledge but I've only dealt with the Quebec side, it's their only real extra bit to and and it didn't go very well. :( Despite everything, our lawyers are suggesting we continue pushing for them to deliver their side of the paperwork, but what's the point if our application is rejected for not having that forum. Lol
Well, I'm not sure if it will help at all, but my husband was denied because he had an outstanding record in canada. Our application was denied and we appealed. The appeal process can take up to 3 years! So we decided to apply for a record suspension (pardon). When our case worker found out we applied for it, she recommended our case get an ADR. It's like a mini trial before the big one, to see if a resolution could be met. And it worked in our favor. He was only inadmissible because of that record, so when they saw we applied for the pardon, they fast tracked our appeal and we won. Can you get that approval from Quebec? If you get it and submit it to your case worker they may do the same for you.

Reactions: LovinglyGrimm

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Well, I'm not sure if it will help at all, but my husband was denied because he had an outstanding record in canada. Our application was denied and we appealed. The appeal process can take up to 3 years! So we decided to apply for a record suspension (pardon). When our case worker found out we applied for it, she recommended our case get an ADR. It's like a mini trial before the big one, to see if a resolution could be met. And it worked in our favor. He was only inadmissible because of that record, so when they saw we applied for the pardon, they fast tracked our appeal and we won. Can you get that approval from Quebec? If you get it and submit it to your case worker they may do the same for you.
I feel like your lawyer should have known you were going to be denied without having that critical piece of the puzzle. It's their job to know that stuff ahead of time.

andy131130

Oct 25, 2018
Hello

I am Canadian citizen and my spouse is in India. She had an interview in New Delhi where she was refused. They have issuesd an option to appeal as u all know.

My two questions are

Does everyone who gets denied gets a chance to appeal? Or where they think there is a chance to revisit the evidence gets a chance to appeal?

Next question is, if I apeeal within 30 days what is the time frame am I looking at to get an an appeal? N if we win for my spouse to Come To Canada? Or am I better off reapplying?

Inputs would be appreciated as it’s heart breaking

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hello

I am Canadian citizen and my spouse is in India. She had an interview in New Delhi where she was refused. They have issuesd an option to appeal as u all know.

My two questions are

Does everyone who gets denied gets a chance to appeal? Or where they think there is a chance to revisit the evidence gets a chance to appeal?

Next question is, if I apeeal within 30 days what is the time frame am I looking at to get an an appeal? N if we win for my spouse to Come To Canada? Or am I better off reapplying?

Inputs would be appreciated as it’s heart breaking
do you mind asking why she was denied? Most people are offered the option of an appeal. When my husband and I applied for an appeal, we were told the wait time for a hearing is 2 to 3 years. If you are thinking to just reapply, you need to find out exactly why you were denied in the first place, or it will likely happen again. Good luck :)