+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
Hi, Need your help..I got PR in 2011 but i dont stay here more than 5 month and i came back almost 4 year back in may 2016 when only one month left to expire my PR card, i am staying here and now its almost 2 year in canada.. In the mean time i have applied for my spouse and children sponsorship but they hold their process as i am not meeting PR requiremeent and they ask me to submit explanation why i was outside canada for long time, i sent and its almost 7 month i didint get any respond for visa officer.... just want your help how much time it will take and can i apply my family visitor visa in this case...thanks
Question: Did they renew your PR in 2016?

sarabjitssingh

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Ludhiana Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
Nomination.....
First AOR on 3 march 2010
AOR Received.
Second AOR recived on 24 june
IELTS Request
Send with Doc
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
6/jan/2011
Med's Done....
5/feb/2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6/jan/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2011
LANDED..........
20 April 2011

sarabjitssingh

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Ludhiana Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Send with Doc
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
6/jan/2011
Med's Done....
5/feb/2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6/jan/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2011
LANDED..........
20 April 2011
Question: Did they renew your PR in 2016?
I’m going to complete my 2 year in next month, can I applied my pr renew after that or I have to wait?

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
I’m going to complete my 2 year in next month, can I applied my pr renew after that or I have to wait?
It may depend - are you here on a student visa or has your visa expired completely? Also...when you first received PR, was it as a spouse?

sarabjitssingh

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Ludhiana Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Send with Doc
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
6/jan/2011
Med's Done....
5/feb/2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6/jan/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2011
LANDED..........
20 April 2011
It may depend - are you here on a student visa or has your visa expired completely? Also...when you first received PR, was it as a spouse?
I got PR IN 2010 but I not stay here and come back in may 2016 back, yes it was spouse, due to some problems in back home we returned back, in back home we have two children’s now...but before I complete my 2 years I applied for family sponsorship and they hold my file due to not meeting pr requirements...in may I am going to complete my 2year... what to do now...please suggest... thanks

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
I got PR IN 2010 but I not stay here and come back in may 2016 back, yes it was spouse, due to some problems in back home we returned back, in back home we have two children’s now...but before I complete my 2 years I applied for family sponsorship and they hold my file due to not meeting pr requirements...in may I am going to complete my 2year... what to do now...please suggest... thanks
If you came to Canada, because someone sponsored you as a spouse, I believe you need to be in Canada for 5 years before you can sponsor another spouse to Canada. It seems from your other threads that you did not come to Canada because you married a Canadian.

If you currently do not have a proper visa to be in Canada (as yours expired in 2016 and you did not receive an extension), then you have no status in Canada and certainly will not be able to sponsor anyone to a country in which you do not have status. If you do have status, then maybe you can sponsor your family.

sarabjitssingh

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Ludhiana Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
24-02-2010
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Send with Doc
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Request
6/jan/2011
Med's Done....
5/feb/2011
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6/jan/2011
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2011
LANDED..........
20 April 2011
If you came to Canada, because someone sponsored you as a spouse, I believe you need to be in Canada for 5 years before you can sponsor another spouse to Canada. It seems from your other threads that you did not come to Canada because you married a Canadian.

If you currently do not have a proper visa to be in Canada (as yours expired in 2016 and you did not receive an extension), then you have no status in Canada and certainly will not be able to sponsor anyone to a country in which you do not have status. If you do have status, then maybe you can sponsor your family.
No I come here on PR SKILLED CATEGORY WITH MY WIFE, we both are PR AND MY STATUS HERE IS PR BUT MY PR CARD EXPIRE ON may 2016 but I didn’t renew as my 2 year not complete in canada and I am waiting to complete 2 year but when I stay here almost 1yr and 3 month I applied for family sponsorship...you have any idea after completion of my 2 yr I am safe or can I apply my PR RENEWAL?

Ferengi

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Visa Office......
HAVANA
No I come here on PR SKILLED CATEGORY WITH MY WIFE, we both are PR AND MY STATUS HERE IS PR BUT MY PR CARD EXPIRE ON may 2016 but I didn’t renew as my 2 year not complete in canada and I am waiting to complete 2 year but when I stay here almost 1yr and 3 month I applied for family sponsorship...you have any idea after completion of my 2 yr I am safe or can I apply my PR RENEWAL?
Sorry...I am not familiar with the regulations for the PR Skilled Category. This forum is for folks who are in the midst of appeals for spousal sponsorship.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hi.if adr won how many time does take home land embassy in backround checks and Other quiries...
It really varies on country and officer looking at your file. I have seen most on the reunited on here in 4 - 7 months. However, we made a mistake on an updated form which I believe has delayed our processing time. We have been waiting 6 months since ADR so far.

Reactions: malicia

klili

Apr 3, 2018
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and I am helping my family to get some help here. I am not the sponsor nor the applicant. My brother in law sponsored his wife in China and her application was refused by the Hong Kong VO on March 20th (interview was on March 14th).

Here are the reasons for refusal:
1. They lied about the timeline. VO doesn't believe the first time they met in person was in 2015 (in fact they lied about this). They only met in person in 2016, a few days before they got married. The VO said it was suspicious that they didn't have any pictures or chat record for the meeting in 2015. *I know it's very bad to lie to CIC, and I told them not to and the couple still did!*
2. Short courtship: met in Oct 2015 for 2 weeks (lie, but the husband has entry record into China, just no pictures or phone chat with the girl), engaged in June 2016 on phone, got married in Oct 2016 a few days after the guy landing in China.
3. Mother of the husband went to the honeymoon trip together. The VO said it's weird to have a mother in a honeymoon trip.
4. Short time spent together after marriage. The husband only visited the wife twice (Oct 2016- wedding, Feb 2017- honeymoon). The couple didn't meet from Mar 2017 until the interview date in Mar 2018.

Here are the questions:
1. Should they appeal or re-apply? What are the chance for each way?
2. For the lie, is it better to admit it? Will the appeal drill on this?

klili

Apr 3, 2018
Sorry the message was cut short.

3. How long will the appeal and the re-application take?
4. How much will it cost to hire a lawyer for an appeal case?

bhatti_44

Dec 4, 2013
Hi..i am really sorry to heard that sad news..first of all your bro in law will received the refusal letter wich mentioned the objection if u lie in front of vo cic ...your case will be booked for misrepresentation is very seriouse in the eye of cic vo ...your application could be banned for 5yrs...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
[QUOTE For the lie, is it better to admit it? Will the appeal drill on this?][/QUOTE]

Aside from all the other red flags (married right after meeting, short honeymoon), that's the big one. It's not just bad to lie to IRCC, it's illegal. Personally, they have created a huge nightmare for themselves. It immediately looks like a marriage of convenience, supported by the fact they both committed misrepresentation. Your B-I-L will likely come out of this OK, but there is always the possibility they may pursue charges. His spouse, as pointed out, is facing a 5 year ban, during which time she is completely ineligible to enter Canada.
An appeal could take a couple of years and I would expect a lawyer would want a $5K retainer just to look at it, given they lied. Unless they have changes that can overcome the reasons IRCC found to question the marriage, I suspect re-applying will result in another rejection (providing she hasn't been slapped with a ban from Canada). Realistically, if he want to improve his chances of sponsoring her, he should be moving to China for a few years to establish the relationship.