Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
Hi guys, I just received a request form CPC-OTTAWA for additional informations such New Forms, PC. MED. I have few questions:
1. IMM0008 form(Intended Occupation), can I write a different occupation than the form I filed previously?
2. IMM 5476 - Use of a Representative form, If I helped my wife to fill in the form, should I prepare this form?

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Alicee

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi guys, I just received a request form CPC-OTTAWA for additional informations such New Forms, PC. MED. I have few questions:
1. IMM0008 form(Intended Occupation), can I write a different occupation than the form I filed previously?
2. IMM 5476 - Use of a Representative form, If I helped my wife to fill in the form, should I prepare this form?

Thank you for your help.
1. Yes, you can change, but you better attach an explanation letter to explain why you want to change. My suggestion is don't change it, because it is really irrelevant to you spousal application approval. After your case approval, and as a PR, you can do all the legal Occupations you want. So why bother to change it.

2. Yes, if you fill the applicant forms for your wife, you need to prepare this form.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hello dear, was wondering what did u ticked under question 6e for imm5669e.....is it yes or no plz. We are confused because my spouse has never entered Canada or any other country before...thanks
I put no for all those questions.same as original form. My forms didn't change much for my husband other then anew English school he attended and a job he completed since he was refused .

Reactions: Agi2009

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
1. Yes, you can change, but you better attach an explanation letter to explain why you want to change. My suggestion is don't change it, because it is really irrelevant to you spousal application approval. After your case approval, and as a PR, you can do all the legal Occupations you want. So why bother to change it.

2. Yes, if you fill the applicant forms for your wife, you need to prepare this form.
I am my husband representative....because I help fill out forms but all communication with CIC comes to me ....through my email...I represent him . I found it much easier .if you don't represent him you may even have trouble calling them and accessing information about her file.

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help.
I don't think you need to use representative it is your right to help your wife it's only have to do same form from previous form to update and let her confirm everything you copy from they ask

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I put no for all those questions.same as original form. My forms didn't change much for my husband other then anew English school he attended and a job he completed since he was refused .
But 6D asks if you were denied permanent residency visa...and it would be yes for those of us that were denied wouldn’t it be? I put yes and gave explanation that was denied and won appeal nov 2017

Reactions: Agi2009

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
I appealed in feb 2017 and got blue book in july then i was selected for ADR which was on 7th december
So according to your timeline maybe you would hear somthing from them in feb or march
thank you ismaeel. I hope we hear soon inshallah. how much proofs did you send such as " should I send all chats from 2014 to current year" or just from when we had our interview till current year?

bambooc

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
06-02-2015 AOR, 04-03-2015 AOR 2
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
I don't think you need to use representative it is your right to help your wife it's only have to do same form from previous form to update and let her confirm everything you copy from they ask
THanks, also, I have a son born after my refusal, and he is Canadian, should I list him as dependant in Form IMM0008 and Form IMM5406

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
THanks, also, I have a son born after my refusal, and he is Canadian, should I list him as dependant in Form IMM0008 and Form IMM5406
Yes you should and you a have to attach his copy of birth certificate additional back ground and imm0008

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
But 6D asks if you were denied permanent residency visa...and it would be yes for those of us that were denied wouldn’t it be? I put yes and gave explanation that was denied and won appeal nov 2017
Oh that's a good point. I never thought of that. I put no as I thought it was related to visas other than this application. It I guess we'll.see.

bambooc

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
Yes you should and you a have to attach his copy of birth certificate additional back ground and imm0008
I am pretty confused, because the form states. You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

My son is already a Canadian citizen, and he holds a Canadian passport.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
See my logic was ....this is the same PR, the same file number etc.the file it just continued processing, they already know we were rejected but it decision was overturned not a permanent refusal..... If one re-applied I would a yes.

But I can see how this question is a bit subjective and open to interpretation with those of us with successful appeals. I hope it's not a big deal or if it is at least be given the opportunity to explain lol.

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
I am pretty confused, because the form states. You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

My son is already a Canadian citizen, and he holds a Canadian passport.
I see how it's a bit confusing . Personally, I would include the child and birth certificate...BUT include an explanatory letter that the child was born in Canada and is Canadian. And the birth certificate will show that.

I always over provide information than under provide and give explanations.

But that's just my opinion other members may have different views and experiences.

bambooc

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2014
Interview........
09-11-2015
Passport Req..
demanding
VISA ISSUED...
demanding
LANDED..........
ASAP
I see how it's a bit confusing . Personally, I would include the child and birth certificate...BUT include an explanatory letter that the child was born in Canada and is Canadian. And the birth certificate will show that.

I always over provide information than under provide and give explanations.

But that's just my opinion other members may have different views and experiences.
Thank you.

My child was born outside of Canada, and got the citizenship through Canadian embassy. I will attach an explanatory letter to address this.

Reactions: mweselake