Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
You have less refusal reasons then my husband & I. We had age, culture, Religion differences. We were told we needed a full day hearing. Not eligible for the one hour ADR. Which is not as formal. No witnesses, just yourself & new evidence. They are also faster than a full appeal. So being from Saskatchewan we wait 2 yrs for appeal. In mean time I visit 4 more times since refusal. I visited 5 times at time of interview. I stayed as long as 6 mos. And 3 & 4 mos. Some were one month. Nobody from my family came either. My husband also had a few short conversations with my family members. And made friends on social media & messenger.
Anyhow, in the end we got offered a morning slot in appeal court. We jump on it. We had 3 hours to prove our genuine marriage. It took 2. Now my husband's file in ottawa and we wait for medical & police request. Was hoping for mid August visa.
What province are you in? Some IAD offices little faster.But it depends where you are live. I suggest your wife take the language classes as well. How long was the wait from applying to interview?

Reactions: Alicee

kmjunior1990

Jun 30, 2017
I live in Quebec . I sent in the application to cic march 16th and yesterday was her interview. Which she answered all correctly exactly as stated in the application forms and told them all the truth. The visa officer even called her a fraud and made her cry they accused her being a liar.

You have less refusal reasons then my husband & I. We had age, culture, Religion differences. We were told we needed a full day hearing. Not eligible for the one hour ADR. Which is not as formal. No witnesses, just yourself & new evidence. They are also faster than a full appeal. So being from Saskatchewan we wait 2 yrs for appeal. In mean time I visit 4 more times since refusal. I visited 5 times at time of interview. I stayed as long as 6 mos. And 3 & 4 mos. Some were one month. Nobody from my family came either. My husband also had a few short conversations with my family members. And made friends on social media & messenger.
Anyhow, in the end we got offered a morning slot in appeal court. We jump on it. We had 3 hours to prove our genuine marriage. It took 2. Now my husband's file in ottawa and we wait for medical & police request. Was hoping for mid August visa.
What province are you in? Some IAD offices little faster.But it depends where you are live. I suggest your wife take the language classes as well. How long was the wait from applying to interview?

kmjunior1990

Jun 30, 2017
What is a GCMS note? Where can I get them?

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Is that correct, you sent app in march & she had her interview about 3 and half months later? That's pretty fast. I never ordered notes before. But if you read back, I usually suggest reading back about 2 yrs. Than you will read a good variety of refusals, why & how VO can be rude or inappropriate or legitimately got it wrong. You will learn about GCMS notes. Basically they are what the various visa officers write about your file. About your spouse. Ppl ask all the time how to get them. You go online and pay 5 dollars. They take about a month. Some ppl let the relationship progress more and reapply. If the refusal reasons can be fixed easily. You should be able to find some other ppl on here from Quebec, and gain their insight as well.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Yes but later cancel it due to vo submission. I only checking through my online portal

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
What's vo?
Who cancelled it? Your background and security check both have been in process and they cancelled later?
Visa Officer or Visa Office.
But am confused. You were denied in interview? So why would they continue checks. It was it other way around?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hi there,
I have couple of questions and I was wondering if someone can help me in this.
I had my ADR this January 24th and it was a success. After about a month and half my wife was requested to submit a new medical and some updated forms. Medical was done April 4th and then froms we had sent April 19th. It's been over 2 months and we haven't heard anything yet. The status on Web shows in proccess and the last update is that medical results have been received. I was hoping soon after medical they will ask for the passport but it is taking longer than I expected. Our file is in Ottawa now. Does it usually take this long? And how long does it exactly take??
Ill appreciate any help. Thanks
Congratulations on winning your ADR. Or even getting a chance at ADR in the first place. Many people are not afforded that opportunity, so good for you.

Are you an inland or an outland application? Which visa office are you applying through? After you do you re-meds and update your forms, they still have to complete the background check. Two months is not out of the ordinary. I've heard people in this thread say that it took as long as 6 months before PPR.

Edited to add below.....

Here is a recent discussion on the wait after winning appeal:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-589#post-5689074
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-588#post-5683896

Last edited:

edelahozd

Jan 31, 2017
I live in Quebec . I sent in the application to cic march 16th and yesterday was her interview. Which she answered all correctly exactly as stated in the application forms and told them all the truth. The visa officer even called her a fraud and made her cry they accused her being a liar.
Can you tell me what assistant made her interview? Mi wife also had a relationship interview at the bogota V.O on may 18th

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
But am confused. You were denied in interview? So why would they continue checks. It was it other way around?
I asked samola. His application was refused not mine. Because he said they start his background checks then tgey cancelled later on.
Our application is almost done iam waiting for remedical request and PPR.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
I asked samola. His application was refused not mine. Because he said they start his background checks then tgey cancelled later on.
Our application is almost done iam waiting for remedical request and PPR.
No I was asking him thanks. Your posting here made me think you were refused too

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
What's vo?
Who cancelled it? Your background and security check both have been in process and they cancelled later?
Yes its the Ghana vo that cancelled the checks. He had already request for redo medical, schedule A background update and also update family information form and police clearance. I was surprise to his/her final submission.

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
Yes its the Ghana vo that cancelled the checks. He had already request for redo medical, schedule A background update and also update family information form and police clearance. I was surprise to his/her final submission.
Oh that's so sad. But that's fine you will fine the appeal. Best of luck work hard with your lawyer everything will be good.

Barats

Jun 12, 2017
No I was asking him thanks. Your posting here made me think you were refused too
I see. No i was jast concern about his application it's sad they start everything then cancelled thier application that'snot fair.
Yeah mine application is all good. Its under normal process. I will get PPR soon inshallah.

kumarchd

Feb 27, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/2013
Doc's Request.
02/2017
AOR Received.
IAD allow case on 12/2016
File Transfer...
04/2013
Med's Request
02/2017
Med's Done....
03/2017
Interview........
03/2015 after 5 hours interview VO refused application .case appealed
Finally received passport with shiny Visa. Thank you God & all of you friends.This forum made my life easier during hard time.My best wishes are with all of you.You all get quick Visa.Thank you.