Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
i suspect officer had a bad day have something against you
On the day of our interview the lights went out about 5 minutes into starting my husband's interview. She was locked in the room and my husband to come out to get someone to get her out. She continued his interview in the main room which lasted about another 5 minutes. And then she tooks both of us to a room that was uncomfortable for all three of us to discuss the interview. She told us she might call for another interview and she didnt. Instead she too almost a month to give an answer. I don't think that's due process at all.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
On the day of our interview the lights went out about 5 minutes into starting my husband's interview. She was locked in the room and my husband to come out to get someone to get her out. She continued his interview in the main room which lasted about another 5 minutes. And then she tooks both of us to a room that was uncomfortable for all three of us to discuss the interview. She told us she might call for another interview and she didnt. Instead she too almost a month to give an answer. I don't think that's due process at all.
The interview isn't meant to provide due process. As many people in this particular thread will attest, many VOs will use intimidation, insults, groundless accusations, misinterpretation, and various techniques to perhaps justify the decision that they've already made in their minds before the interview. Some have suggested that this is to throw you off balance, so that you would reveal some tidbid of information that could be used against you. In the end, it's an opportunity for you to change the VO's mind.

That you say you will re-apply and address their concerns, tells me that there were still doubts in the VO's mind that you were not able to satisfactorily address in the interview. Since they don't tell you in advance what their concerns are, it is difficult to prepare evidence in advance to address those concerns.

You should be able to expect due process at the full hearing, however. It is in a court setting, with a judge and counsel, with set procedures and allows for cross-examination, witnesses, disclosure, etc. I believe that the hearings are recorded. You can have up to a full day to explain your case, and have to opportunity to appeal to federal court if you feel that there was an error in the process.

Of course, if you apply inland, there is no appeal.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
so basically she had a bad day but that no grounds of refusal

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
The interview isn't meant to provide due process. As many people in this particular thread will attest, many VOs will use intimidation, insults, groundless accusations, misinterpretation, and various techniques to perhaps justify the decision that they've already made in their minds before the interview. Some have suggested that this is to throw you off balance, so that you would reveal some tidbid of information that could be used against you. In the end, it's an opportunity for you to change the VO's mind.

That you say you will re-apply and address their concerns, tells me that there were still doubts in the VO's mind that you were not able to satisfactorily address in the interview. Since they don't tell you in advance what their concerns are, it is difficult to prepare evidence in advance to address those concerns.

You should be able to expect due process at the full hearing, however. It is in a court setting, with a judge and counsel, with set procedures and allows for cross-examination, witnesses, disclosure, etc. I believe that the hearings are recorded. You can have up to a full day to explain your case, and have to opportunity to appeal to federal court if you feel that there was an error in the process.

she applied inland

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016

I am told you can not appeal to the IAD but you can appeal to the federal court. I wanted to know if there was anyone who reapplied inland. Because that's what we plan on doing after we receive the letter with the help of a lawyer.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
I am also told with a federal appeal you can not submit new evidence.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
I am also told with a federal appeal you can not submit new evidence.
That is correct. They are not there to re-hear your case, or to consider new evidence.

Your only avenue, as you had suggested, is to re-apply with additional evidence to address their concerns. The decision is whether to apply inland, or outland.

Aayatakshidutta

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello guys,

HELP NEEDED!!!

Sept 12th applicant and AOR2 received on 3rd Nov.
We had our court marriage with a small family gathering followed by reception in July,16..There was no much rituals happened that time because we followed the basic rituals and in front of a temple with witness of priest and family but we did our traditional social marriage on feb this year.. whatever pictures we had submitted all along with the application. I think whatever pictures we provided were not enough to proof our marriage so I was asked to submit all the pictures of all traditional wedding rituals..I submitted all pics along with a cover letter explaining why it did not happened last year..After that I got a random telephonic interview on 17th apr and it was answered by my parents. In my understanding , they were more focussing on our traditional marriage on Feb. They were verifying about all the traditional Bengali rituals happened on feb 5th, about the venue and they were enquiring about past date on July what happened. was there any priest and was there any rituals happened on July or not.
In my gc key showing "additional documents provided have been uploaded successfully" but it's been almost 1.5 months bgc has not started yet..

Just the curiosity..If any1 has the same situation like me?

Sharing all your experiences/thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Gloria217

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
That is correct. They are not there to re-hear your case, or to consider new evidence.

Your only avenue, as you had suggested, is to re-apply with additional evidence to address their concerns. The decision is whether to apply inland, or outland.
Thank you very much for you response.
That's the delimma inland or outland. I will definitely reapply inland if the lawyer says that's an option.
I can not leave my husband at the moment.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Hello fellow, good day and are you all doing this beautiful Sunday?
Well these is where the issue of refusal came up on my case and then it was duly attended to before vo make decision but still went on to refuse an application which relationship is 11 years giving excuse that its not genuine...here it is..
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Make sure you answer truthfully to all questions. Indicate your past history since you reached the age of 18 (despite what the form states). Specify what kind of work(s) you are doing and have been doing since then. Do not use acronyms. Make sure you do not leave any gap in time. Indicate all addresses since you reached the age of 18. Make sure you do not leave any gap in time. You must declare if you have been refused any visa or immigration applications in the past from any country. Failure to comply may result in a refusal of your application.

Ø Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures
Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from UK or evidence that you have applied for it.
Ø Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all three non-accompanying dependants.

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***
Please note
:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLYopportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be made based on the information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (MV)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box 1639

42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hello fellow, good day and are you all doing this beautiful Sunday?
Well these is where the issue of refusal came up on my case and then it was duly attended to before vo make decision but still went on to refuse an application which relationship is 11 years giving excuse that its not genuine...here it is..
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Ø Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Make sure you answer truthfully to all questions. Indicate your past history since you reached the age of 18 (despite what the form states). Specify what kind of work(s) you are doing and have been doing since then. Do not use acronyms. Make sure you do not leave any gap in time. Indicate all addresses since you reached the age of 18. Make sure you do not leave any gap in time. You must declare if you have been refused any visa or immigration applications in the past from any country. Failure to comply may result in a refusal of your application.

Ø Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures
Ø Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from UK or evidence that you have applied for it.
Ø Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination for all three non-accompanying dependants.

*** To avoid delays, please submit all requested documents at the same time ***
Please note
:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLYopportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time. If you choose not to respond with additional information, a decision will be made based on the information on file, which may result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the Canadian High Commission for Ghana in Accra at the address indicated below.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (MV)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

P.O. Box 1639

42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
That you were able to comply with the request for more or updated information does not mean you can't be refused. Did you have an interview? What were the reasons for refusal? Why did the VO think that your relationship was not genuine?

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
That you were able to comply with the request for more or updated information does not mean you can't be refused. Did you have an interview? What were the reasons for refusal? Why did the VO think that your relationship was not genuine?
No interview at all nd all he or sje said was my marriage not genuine nd despite vo say relationship is for a long time nd that lot of evidence to back application he or she still refuse it and appeal killing it up because they not stand by period given. I will try find what he said on the gcms note.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
No interview at all nd all he or sje said was my marriage not genuine nd despite vo say relationship is for a long time nd that lot of evidence to back application he or she still refuse it and appeal killing it up because they not stand by period given. I will try find what he said on the gcms note.
It's curious that they'd declare your relationship ingenuine without even giving you a chance to respond to their concerns. Hopefully the GCMS notes will tell you more. Good luck.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Hi,

Today I am feeling so happy. Just received email from CPC ottawa. Our application is approved. It took us 4 years.

Thank you everyone for the support.

Wish all of you the very best.

That's great news! Has your ecas changed to we sent you correspondence on June (then the date) ?

Reactions: samola10