26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
JYC said:
How to do that as I had tried our hearing date also the date when We got the court decision letter but no luck.

Our hearing was on 15th August 2016 in Toronto and the court decision letter we got on 16th September 2016

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
lonelymrs said:
Where can we find it ? What's the website ?
My case showed up on Canlii.org in Dec and we won our case in april.

jaswave125

Feb 13, 2017
I need help guys. I will write the story as clearly and short as possible.

Me and my wife got married on jan 2015, By indian marriage its a fix marriage. We were ok in the start for 2months, after that I moved back to the country I live and work(Singapore) and she moved back to canada. Long distance relationship was hard for us and we constantly argued about small things. Things grew and she even threatened me to cancel my application for canada. Fast forward she came to Singapore with me which was not nice as we argued and back and forth. She went back to canada after a month. Fast forward I was in canada on april 2016. I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her and come back to Singapore it was just really not working out for us cultural differences etc...

After 6months I went to India to sort things out and we have not made any final decision as her parents are making it really hard.

Rigth now Im in Singapore again and lost my job. (nobodies fault but mine)

Before my questions I have my PR card with me and I have a Conditional PR on paper but nothing indicated on the card.

My question is as follow's

1. Can my wife cancel my PR card by contacting CiC?

2. I would like to go back to canada I gave my PR card with me would there be any problem at the immigration in canada upon landing? And Can I go back to canada?

3. As I read there is a new rule to repeal the conditional PR, with me leaving her for almost 7 month ago any effect on me?

We really had a genuine marriage but things just did not work out for us its stressful for both parties but I know how unhappy we were with each other.

PS: Before loosing my job I had no intention of going back to canada but aa life has it, its full of surprises.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaswave125 said:
I need help guys. I will write the story as clearly and short as possible.

Me and my wife got married on jan 2015, By indian marriage its a fix marriage. We were ok in the start for 2months, after that I moved back to the country I live and work(Singapore) and she moved back to canada. Long distance relationship was hard for us and we constantly argued about small things. Things grew and she even threatened me to cancel my application for canada. Fast forward she came to Singapore with me which was not nice as we argued and back and forth. She went back to canada after a month. Fast forward I was in canada on april 2016. I lived with her for 4 months until I can't take it anymore and decided to leave her and come back to Singapore it was just really not working out for us cultural differences etc...

After 6months I went to India to sort things out and we have not made any final decision as her parents are making it really hard.

Rigth now Im in Singapore again and lost my job. (nobodies fault but mine)

Before my questions I have my PR card with me and I have a Conditional PR on paper but nothing indicated on the card.

My question is as follow's

1. Can my wife cancel my PR card by contacting CiC?

2. I would like to go back to canada I gave my PR card with me would there be any problem at the immigration in canada upon landing? And Can I go back to canada?

3. As I read there is a new rule to repeal the conditional PR, with me leaving her for almost 7 month ago any effect on me?

We really had a genuine marriage but things just did not work out for us its stressful for both parties but I know how unhappy we were with each other.

PS: Before loosing my job I had no intention of going back to canada but aa life has it, its full of surprises.

You are in clear breech of Condition 51, since you did not cohabit with your wife for the required 2 years after you landed, your wife is still alive, and there was no abuse in the marriage that resulted in the separation. If you had to report any change in marital status during those two years, then you both might be guilty of misrepresentation, which carries with it a 5-year ban.

It'd be difficult for you to prove that you were together with your wife until Condition 51 is repealed. Or rather, it probably wouldn't be difficult to prove that you weren't living together for most of that period.

There's really no benefit for your wife in helping you keep your PR; especially as she'll risk being on the hook if you have to collect social assistance during the first 3 years of your residency. Keep in mind that she is as much a victim in this as you are.

(Sorry, you probably won't find many sympathetic ears here in the appeals section. Most of us here have genuine relationships, yet have been denied the chance to be together. Your situation appears to be the opposite.)

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
Talon59 said:
My case showed up on Canlii.org in Dec and we won our case in april.
We won in August 2016 and its not there so that means they gonna add our case later?

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
SAHIL SINGH said:
We won in August 2016 and its not there so that means they gonna add our case later?
It took about 8 months for our case to show up so depending on how regular that is you would probably see it show up in april. was there something specific you wanted to see in your case? Everything that is on CanLii was mailed to me in June of last year.

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
Talon59 said:
It took about 8 months for our case to show up so depending on how regular that is you would probably see it show up in april. was there something specific you wanted to see in your case? Everything that is on CanLii was mailed to me in June of last year.
Nothing particular I just would like to read my case there as I have read so many cases there just wanted to see my own case thats all. Sound crazy. lol

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
SAHIL SINGH said:
Nothing particular I just would like to read my case there as I have read so many cases there just wanted to see my own case thats all. Sound crazy. lol
Happy Valentine Day.

I hope everybody wins their case and meet their spouse soon.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe

:) :) :)

MichelleJLL

Nov 12, 2013
My husband is Jamaican and I am Canadian, I am currently in Ottawa, Ontario.

We married March 2012, Applied for Spousal Sponsorship March 2012, We were denied September of 2015 due to criminal inadmissibility (my husband paid a fine for a pocket knife)

We had our appeal date January 5, 2017 and we won in court, the judge decided right at our hearing. Apparently this is VERY rare, my lawyer said we were his second case in 15 years where they decided in court.

Its now Feb 14, 2017 and we have yet to hear from the embassy. My lawyer sent a request last week to re-open. My lawyer has completed all the necessary updated paperwork, we paid the landing fee originally, we have updated PR photos taken and our criminal record complete. Everything is waiting on the embassy to re-open our case and request everything + a medical.

Does anyone know our approx. waiting time from the embassy in Kingston after we have won our appeal?? I would love some information if anybody can offer me assistance...

Thank you & I wish everyone the success in their spousal visas, its an exhausting process but true love knows no time and distance. Just keep the faith.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Hey guys

My husband got this email today. When will this process end? And how much longer? Did anyone who won there application had to submit RCMP criminal check?

My husband was living here for 5 years and over stayed his Vist.

Dear xxxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø
Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures Note that you are required to list your brothers and sisters, including half-brothers and half-sisters.

Ø Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination within 30 days.

Ø RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check

RCMP criminal record Check: Please provide us with a photocopy of your certified criminal record check based on your fingerprints.
For more information please follow the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
CanadianVincy said:
Hey guys

My husband got this email today. When will this process end? And how much longer? Did anyone who won there application had to submit RCMP criminal check?

My husband was living here for 5 years and over stayed his Vist.

Dear xxxxxx:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø
Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures Note that you are required to list your brothers and sisters, including half-brothers and half-sisters.

Ø Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination within 30 days.

Ø RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide a certified criminal record check

RCMP criminal record Check: Please provide us with a photocopy of your certified criminal record check based on your fingerprints.
For more information please follow the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 45 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.
Take heart ... this is the last bit. Give them EXACTLY what they are looking for and things will go smoothly. It took about 4 months after the deadline date for us to receive the PPR.

CanadianVincy

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
POS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
15-June-2015
Doc's Request.
Re-do New App. 27-01-2017... Submitted 31-01-2017
AOR Received.
18-July-2015
File Transfer...
21-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-Sept-2015/Redo 15-Feb-2017
Interview........
20-Jan-2016...Denied/Appeal 24-Nov-16...Allowed/Decision ltr Dec.21.16
Passport Req..
Background check 08-Feb-2017/DM on ECAS 02-June-2017/PPR 21-June-2017
VISA ISSUED...
July-20-2017/Received July-24-2017
LANDED..........
July-26-2017
Okay thank u. My husband is clean tho so I hope it doesn't too long. 4 months seem long especially since we won the apply. Does it being processed at Ottawa make a difference?

wintersnow said:
Take heart ... this is the last bit. Give them EXACTLY what they are looking for and things will go smoothly. It took about 4 months after the deadline date for us to receive the PPR.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
Hi guys
Our application was denied last year in July, we submitted the appeal to the IAD and also an appeal to the Federal Court.
We still don't have a date for the IAD appeal but in the meantime we had the Federal Court hearing and we won. The judge determined that the application needs to be review by a different officer.
The lawyer representing the Minister (DOJ) was present at the hearing and I know they received copies of the decision, do we need to wait for them to inform CIC and wait for CIC to contact us or can we contact them and provide a copy of the decision?
Does anybody know how long it takes for CIC to contact us?