June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
ali_mohammadd said:
Finally thank to god get the passport request omg last four years been long and stressful good luck to everyone waiting for the hearing date or ppr hopefully you guyz get it soon....
Congrats..... finally it's over now for u wish u best of luck in the future.

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
ali_mohammadd said:
Finally thank to god get the passport request omg last four years been long and stressful good luck to everyone waiting for the hearing date or ppr hopefully you guyz get it soon....
Congrats. Have a good life in Canada. All the best.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
client2016 said:
when u got the date of hearing after getting blue book..Thanks for replying me
If you take a look at this Toronto appeal : http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2016/2016canlii87316/2016canlii87316.html

The couple got rejected on Oct 11 2013, assume they receive their blue book after Mar 2014 and their 1st appeal hearing is on Dec 17 2015, so more than 18 months of wait time after the blue book received. I would guess it is roughly 24 months wait time after you got rejected.

lonelymrs

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
Hey everyone I had my full hearing date in November and I was in wiith them for 4 hrs and they ran out of time as they didn't not get to speak to my husband or witnesses so they scheduled a resumption for this up coming week and scheduled us in for a full 8 hrs of court has anyone had this happen before

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
JYC said:
If you take a look at this Toronto appeal : http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2016/2016canlii87316/2016canlii87316.html

The couple got rejected on Oct 11 2013, assume they receive their blue book after Mar 2014 and their 1st appeal hearing is on Dec 17 2015, so more than 18 months of wait time after the blue book received. I would guess it is roughly 24 months wait time after you got rejected.
Hi

Can we also find our case hearing on that site?

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hope1316 said:
My boyfriend and i have different addresses can we still be consider common law?
I don't think so.

Common law means living together for a year and sharing everything like a married couple

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
SAHIL SINGH said:
I don't think so.

Common law means living together for a year and sharing everything like a married couple
They have different addresses at present, yet for three years they mostly shared a common address and were in a conjugal relationship. I say "mostly", because there wasn't a continuous unbroken period of a year that they were together over those three years, although the total time together was well over a year. That blurs the line a bit.

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
wait_so_long said:
They have different addresses at present, yet for three years they mostly shared a common address and were in a conjugal relationship. I say "mostly", because there wasn't a continuous unbroken period of a year that they were together over those three years, although the total time together was well over a year. That blurs the line a bit.
We are during that time new as bf/ gf. It is november 2009 that we officially became as gf/bf and them i put in our cohabition period is the day he spent a week to us it is but then he is still going home to his family sometimes a couple of month. Thats y he still uses his primary residence in obtaining any govntment ids even his passport and his drivers liscene

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
SAHIL SINGH said:
I don't think so.

We dont mingle everything, he doesnt gave share to pay our bills. It was my parents who paid it, we are not actually dependent to each other the only longest time he stayed to my parents house is 3 months then he would leave again to stay in his family house for a couple of months.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hope1316 said:
We dont mingle everything, he doesnt gave share to pay our bills. It was my parents who paid it, we are not actually dependent to each other the only longest time he stayed to my parents house is 3 months then he would leave again to stay in his family house for a couple of months.
My suggestion to you was that you needed to find a good lawyer, an I still hold to that. The lawyer will be able to ask the right questions and get the whole story rather than selected bits of information, and will be able to give you a proper assessment of the facts, and advice as to your strategy.

Your accounting of the facts seem to have changed quite a bit from last week; my advise to you is to stick to the truth, as you and your witnesses will have to swear affidavits to these facts, and may be questioned at length on them as well. If you are able to get any physical evidence to support the facts, all the better. The lawyer will also be able to advise you that if there is a finding of misrepresentation, and this includes omission of material facts, the result could be a ban of two to five years.

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
wait_so_long said:
My suggestion to you was that you needed to find a good lawyer, an I still hold to that. The lawyer will be able to ask the right questions and get the whole story rather than selected bits of information, and will be able to give you a proper assessment of the facts, and advice as to your strategy.

Your accounting of the facts seem to have changed quite a bit from last week; my advise to you is to stick to the truth, as you and your witnesses will have to swear affidavits to these facts, and may be questioned at length on them as well. If you are able to get any physical evidence to support the facts, all the better. The lawyer will also be able to advise you that if there is a finding of misrepresentation, and this includes omission of material facts, the result could be a ban of two to five years.

What i state last week was actually true my sponsor stay in our house for a week or two but then going home to his family, but after that he already staying much longer to his family house sometimes we didnt see each other for two months . Im actually writng affidavit now . Im also reviewing our application. We have a representative but dont know much about the right assesment to our case . During the time i answer the form they didnt correct though i explain them our situation. They only told me to put the time my sponsor started staying in our house . Though they know that my sponsor still going home to his family.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hope1316 said:
What i state last week was actually true my sponsor stay in our house for a week or two but then going home to his family, but after that he already staying much longer to his family house sometimes we didnt see each other for two months . Im actually writng affidavit now . Im also reviewing our application. We have a representative but dont know much about the right assesment to our case . During the time i answer the form they didnt correct though i explain them our situation. They only told me to put the time my sponsor started staying in our house . Though they know that my sponsor still going home to his family.
Yes, that is quite true. Relationships change and evolve over time. You need to show that at no time over the course of those three years that you were together, that you had what could be considered a common-law relationship. If your representative isn't asking the right questions to get the full story out of you to make a proper assessment of your situation, he/she might not be the right person to represent you ... I am not privy to your conversations, so I wouldn't know. You need someone with experience building a proper case, and your representative should be giving you guidance. You shouldn't need to come to an Internet forum for legal advice.

First and foremost, your representative should know what the criteria for a common-law marriage is, in the eyes of CIC. If it turns out what you had indeed meets the criteria for common-law, the defence is much different than if it was not.