+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
wait_so_long said:
That's a good sign that you will be given a chance to appeal once the decision has been made. They may even give you a chance to clear up the issue at the interview stage.

Thank you, just so depressed now. We still waiting for aor2. I know it would be refuse for sure for my husband was already not eligible

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Hope1316 said:
Thank you, just so depressed now. We still waiting for aor2. I know it would be refuse for sure for my husband was already not eligible
Was your husband declared not eligible under the provisions of 117(9)(d)? It sounds pretty serious:

http://www.mccuaig.com/1179d-failure-disclose-family-members-results-future-exclusion-family-class/
http://www.cba.org/cba/cle/pdf/imm13_paper_mccrea.pdf
http://visalawcanada.blogspot.ca/2012/01/failure-to-disclose-spouse-ill-advised.html

Sorry, don't mean to worry you further, or make you more depressed. It does sound like you will have the opportunity to appeal. You should have plenty of time to plan your strategy, and gather whatever evidence is necessary to support your position. Good luck.

saniali

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-04-2013 (passport sent 24-05-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting waiting and waiting
Need help urgently

I have to send update forms n stuff now I need help in writing affidavit what exactly should be the format

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
saniali said:
Need help urgently

I have to send update forms n stuff now I need help in writing affidavit what exactly should be the format
affidavit for what? you need to be more specific.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/RadSar0417.aspx
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-make-affidavit-of-support-t57656.0.html
http://toronto-notary-public.com/sample_trans_aff.htm

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
jcoco said:
I've been following the posts here and hopefully I can a sound advice from everyone. I’m also applying for PR under Family Class, submitted last Nov 2013.

Here's my background: My wife and I were BF-GF since 2009. My wife got her PR in Feb 2012 under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nomination Program and landed in Canada in Apr 2012. She returned here to the Philippines on July 2013 and we got married Aug 2013 via Roman Catholic wedding. Before she landed in Canada, we were living in the same apartment as "boardmates" with friends but living in separate rooms with no joint financial undertaking, will, bank accounts, credit cards, tenancy contracts, or ANY legal documentation both under our names: from Aug 2010 ‘til Apr 2012. Everything was separate except that we were living in one roof with other people.

Just this April, my wife got a call from CPC-Missassauga and she was sent a letter re: denial for sponsorship. As per that letter from, she was not eligible to become a sponsor because our relationship was "common-law" prior to her landing and I was not declared on her forms when she was applying for PR – this is as per IRPA Regulations 117 (9)(d) daw. She immediately spoke with an immigration lawyer in Canada and she was advised that we'll just proceed with my own application and just have my file forwarded to the Visa Office in Manila. Prior to her getting the denial letter, they faxed a communication to the CPC Officer: a 6-page appeal letter + my wife’s 4-page affidavit describing our living arrangement (with the immigration lawyer's help) to the CPC-Missassauga officer to explain the whole story that our relationship was not common law and possibly ask the officer to reverse her decision, but to no avail. We also did not know that our living set-up from Aug 2010 til April 2012 could already be considered “common-law”, because in some way it is considered taboo in the Philippines. Also, if the onus is reversed, we won’t have enough proof that the living arrangement is “common-law” in its complete aspect.

So apparently, we continued with my application and agreed to just wait till it reaches the embassy in Manila. Now last Sept 8, 2014 I got a letter from the Embassy saying that they got my application and now they are asking for any documentation from my wife if I was declared as a common law partner during her PR application - which obviously we cannot. The response should be received by them in 45 days. So I decided to just write a detailed letter describing our living arrangement from Aug 2010-Apr 2012 (similar to my wife’s previously sent affidavit) with emphasis on why we should NOT be considered as “common-law”. I also gathered affidavits from our boardmates and the landlord confirming the living arrangement we had as “boardmates” only. I also included the comprehensive 10-page fax communication that my wife’s immigration lawyer sent before she got the denial for sponsorship. I decided to do this instead as I have also read a very similar case in one of the forums here, they did the same thing and they were successful with the application later on.

I have sent those letters and affidavits yesterday via courier. Counting 45 days from Sept 8, 2014, the 45th day will be on October 22. As of this time, can’t see anything on my ECAS when using my file number, not even a hint if it is “in-process” or whatnot. Do you think they will render a decision on my application soon before this year ends? Do you think it will be to my favor? I have been feeling very down since last month because of too much worry. We also did not seek help prior to us submitting the application last year thinking this will not be difficult because we were already married and our relationship was genuine.

Any advice you can give to me at this point?

Hi , may i ask hows your application now?

Hope1316

Feb 2, 2017
jcoco said:
I've been following the posts here and hopefully I can a sound advice from everyone. I’m also applying for PR under Family Class, submitted last Nov 2013.

Here's my background: My wife and I were BF-GF since 2009. My wife got her PR in Feb 2012 under the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nomination Program and landed in Canada in Apr 2012. She returned here to the Philippines on July 2013 and we got married Aug 2013 via Roman Catholic wedding. Before she landed in Canada, we were living in the same apartment as "boardmates" with friends but living in separate rooms with no joint financial undertaking, will, bank accounts, credit cards, tenancy contracts, or ANY legal documentation both under our names: from Aug 2010 ‘til Apr 2012. Everything was separate except that we were living in one roof with other people.

Just this April, my wife got a call from CPC-Missassauga and she was sent a letter re: denial for sponsorship. As per that letter from, she was not eligible to become a sponsor because our relationship was "common-law" prior to her landing and I was not declared on her forms when she was applying for PR – this is as per IRPA Regulations 117 (9)(d) daw. She immediately spoke with an immigration lawyer in Canada and she was advised that we'll just proceed with my own application and just have my file forwarded to the Visa Office in Manila. Prior to her getting the denial letter, they faxed a communication to the CPC Officer: a 6-page appeal letter + my wife’s 4-page affidavit describing our living arrangement (with the immigration lawyer's help) to the CPC-Missassauga officer to explain the whole story that our relationship was not common law and possibly ask the officer to reverse her decision, but to no avail. We also did not know that our living set-up from Aug 2010 til April 2012 could already be considered “common-law”, because in some way it is considered taboo in the Philippines. Also, if the onus is reversed, we won’t have enough proof that the living arrangement is “common-law” in its complete aspect.

So apparently, we continued with my application and agreed to just wait till it reaches the embassy in Manila. Now last Sept 8, 2014 I got a letter from the Embassy saying that they got my application and now they are asking for any documentation from my wife if I was declared as a common law partner during her PR application - which obviously we cannot. The response should be received by them in 45 days. So I decided to just write a detailed letter describing our living arrangement from Aug 2010-Apr 2012 (similar to my wife’s previously sent affidavit) with emphasis on why we should NOT be considered as “common-law”. I also gathered affidavits from our boardmates and the landlord confirming the living arrangement we had as “boardmates” only. I also included the comprehensive 10-page fax communication that my wife’s immigration lawyer sent before she got the denial for sponsorship. I decided to do this instead as I have also read a very similar case in one of the forums here, they did the same thing and they were successful with the application later on.

I have sent those letters and affidavits yesterday via courier. Counting 45 days from Sept 8, 2014, the 45th day will be on October 22. As of this time, can’t see anything on my ECAS when using my file number, not even a hint if it is “in-process” or whatnot. Do you think they will render a decision on my application soon before this year ends? Do you think it will be to my favor? I have been feeling very down since last month because of too much worry. We also did not seek help prior to us submitting the application last year thinking this will not be difficult because we were already married and our relationship was genuine.

Any advice you can give to me at this point?

Hi , may i ask hows your application now?

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
Hi i sent notice of appeal by September last within 10 days they asked us to submit documents to decide for adr they gave us 30 days time the refusal was for we dint have priest in our wedding thats it so we collected many citations and affidavit notarised and news articles about the law stating marriage widout priest is legal in our country aand submitted to ird and minister councel now we got our adr for march they are asking us to submit the documents before 10 days now my question is we have already submitted docs now what should i send again and how can i ask them to consider ther previous docs also for adr bcoz i submitted original affidavit and notarised citations. We also quit our representative since he dint help us much

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dhaksha said:
Hi i sent notice of appeal by September last within 10 days they asked us to submit documents to decide for adr they gave us 30 days time the refusal was for we dint have priest in our wedding thats it so we collected many citations and affidavit notarised and news articles about the law stating marriage widout priest is legal in our country aand submitted to ird and minister councel now we got our adr for march they are asking us to submit the documents before 10 days now my question is we have already submitted docs now what should i send again and how can i ask them to consider ther previous docs also for adr bcoz i submitted original affidavit and notarised citations. We also quit our representative since he dint help us much
Hey congrats for getting an ADR.

About your question I'm going to call you.

saniali

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-02-2013
Med's Done....
31-10-2012
Passport Req..
18-04-2013 (passport sent 24-05-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
waiting waiting and waiting
wait_so_long said:
affidavit for what? you need to be more specific.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/RadSar0417.aspx
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-make-affidavit-of-support-t57656.0.html
http://toronto-notary-public.com/sample_trans_aff.htm
Sign and sworn affidavit form in which principal applicant have to write details of kids and siblings which I rcvd along with meds PCC and updated forms.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Hi guys today we send enquiry to Ottawa office about my husband application and that's what we get respond from Ottawa office by email
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Regards,
Any idea bout what do they do in the final stages.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
jaycee4sweet said:
Hi guys today we send enquiry to Ottawa office about my husband application and that's what we get respond from Ottawa office by email
Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Regards,

Hi jaycee4sweet how did you send in enquiry. Was it by mail or email? Can I please have the information on where to enquire? Thanks so much.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
NKT0817 said:
Hi jaycee4sweet how did you send in enquiry. Was it by mail or email? Can I please have the information on where to enquire? Thanks so much.
Hi my husband who is the main applicant sent an email on CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>
As I can't ask them being as sponsor they dnt give me any info that's y I asked my husband to send an inquiry by email so he did and we recieved answer in few hours.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,
Sounds like a standard response similar to what others have received, you can't read too much into it. A lot can go on during these final stages before DM:

wait_so_long said:
From what I've seen in this forum, if there is no ruling at the hearing, people generally wait from 60-90 days for a decision. Might be different, depending on the jurisdiction, and the adjudicator. It may also vary from case to case. Your lawyer would have a better idea.

With respect to the background checks:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/background-checks-explained-t39578.0.html;msg5046616#msg5046616

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
It's very helpful that you were able to find a case that closely parallels yours. It's a little comforting to know that you are not venturing into uncharted territory. Even if they had a unfavourable outcome, you can learn from it.

I notice that the person is not active on this forum; to reach him you may need to PM him by clicking the INBOX tab at the top of the page, then sending him a message. That will send an alert to his email.

He also mentioned that there was a "very similar case" that was successful. You may have to do some more searching and see if you can find this very similar case. But he does offer some helpful tips on how to start preparing your case, so you can be ready when the opportunity presents itself.

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
jaycee4sweet said:
Hi my husband who is the main applicant sent an email on CPC-CTD-Ottawa <CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca>
As I can't ask them being as sponsor they dnt give me any info that's y I asked my husband to send an inquiry by email so he did and we recieved answer in few hours.
Thanks so much