NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
wait_so_long said:
It's all a matter of perspective. Presumably the years of uncertainty are finally over, and it's just a waiting game now. Think of all the people on this forum that would love to be in your shoes right now. Release yourself from the anxiety and think of this as the last few months of freedom, and enjoy it as such. What are some of the "me" things that you've put off because you've been worrying about whether or not there will be an "us"? What are some of the things that you have to do to prepare for the eventual "us"? Without the burden of worry, the time will pass faster than you think.

For sure, i understand what you're saying. But for the last 4 years, I've been keeping myself busy. Going out, taking up hobbies, working out etc..

After 4 years of waiting, we both just want to start our life and our family. I'm not getting any younger. I'm going to be 33 this year and I stress abt how late I'm starting my family. Yes I know it's our choice to wait and we could have started earlier. But we both didn't want to miss out on the times that can be so precious. We want to be together for that.

I am very happy that I've won my appeal, extremely HAPPY. We were facing a misrepresentation on our file. Which was going to be a 5 year ban from sponsoring my husband. So I am very happy we are over that. But after you get your appeal, you think everything will move much faster and smoother.

It's just one wait to the other.

My MP actually called me today and now is telling me that I should get a request by the end of February, and that's what Ottawa is telling him. He said everything is fine with our file but it's still on the "finalizing" process.

Reactions: Alicee

flyfish

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CPC-MARCH 2013
Med's Request
WAITING
Interview........
8 September 2016
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALLAH KNOW
wintersnow said:
Thanks ... I am not sure what you are asking?
I'm asking u did u get medical request? Plz share some expirence about apeal process
Thanks

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
PC0827 said:
For sure, i understand what you're saying. But for the last 4 years, I've been keeping myself busy. Going out, taking up hobbies, working out etc..

After 4 years of waiting, we both just want to start our life and our family. I'm not getting any younger. I'm going to be 33 this year and I stress abt how late I'm starting my family. Yes I know it's our choice to wait and we could have started earlier. But we both didn't want to miss out on the times that can be so precious. We want to be together for that.

I am very happy that I've won my appeal, extremely HAPPY. We were facing a misrepresentation on our file. Which was going to be a 5 year ban from sponsoring my husband. So I am very happy we are over that. But after you get your appeal, you think everything will move much faster and smoother.

It's just one wait to the other.

My MP actually called me today and now is telling me that I should get a request by the end of February, and that's what Ottawa is telling him. He said everything is fine with our file but it's still on the "finalizing" process.
I think you were right to wait. Thirty-three is definitely not too old to be starting a family. Being a single mother is more taxing than one can imagine; you're on duty 7x24, and it takes its toll on you. And you'd be denying both your husband and child the opportunity for early childhood bonding, which could affect what kind of relationship they'll have in the future. Although I have the opportunity to chat with my young son for hours each day, it's just not the same as actually being there. Not even close. All the things that I've missed out on, I'll never be able to get back. But at the same time, I wouldn't give it up for anything.

After four years of waiting, the next couple of months should be a breeze. In a way, having suffered through difficult times together is a blessing in disguise. It'll ready you to face any challenges that lay ahead.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wintersnow said:
Thanks ... I am not sure what you are asking?

Congratulations Wintersnow! Nightmare is over. I hope you will be still on this forum to help other people from your Experiences. Some people have just started their Journey and I believe they need a lot to assistance, advice and much more. I always found you, the supportive member on this forum. I hope you will keep on doing this. Best of Luck to You and Your Spouse .

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
flyfish said:
I'm asking u did u get medical request? Plz share some expirence about apeal process
Thanks
Everyone has to do a medical. The medical is only valid for a year and the appeal usually takes at least a year to be successful and make it back to the VO.

wait_so_long posted (in the previous page of posts) about my experience, as well as a few others. Take a look at that.

Basically there are these stages ...the appeal result goes to Ottawa and they look it over ... it then gets sent to the VO (most often this is the case ... some are processed in Canada) ... then the VO asks for medical and updated forms ... then if all the info is good, you go to security check ... then you go to the area that requests the passport ... then you get the visa.

In our case, it took 6 months for Ottawa to send it to our VO. It then took 6 months to request for passport.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
tony000 said:

Congratulations Wintersnow! Nightmare is over. I hope you will be still on this forum to help other people from your Experiences. Some people have just started their Journey and I believe they need a lot to assistance, advice and much more. I always found you, the supportive member on this forum. I hope you will keep on doing this. Best of Luck to You and Your Spouse .
Thanks ... ya I'll check in to see how you guys are doing. We are a bit like a family going through a lot of misery together

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Its been almost a year, I filed for appeal, and there is no information on hearing, I was told that my case is being considered for full court hearing, and no reason given.
This nightmare seems to be never ending.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
SV670 said:
Its been almost a year, I filed for appeal, and there is no information on hearing, I was told that my case is being considered for full court hearing, and no reason given.
This nightmare seems to be never ending.
Have you received your Appeal record (bluebook) yet? Unless your appeal will be heard in Vancouver, that is all you can expect in the first year. In many jurisdictions, people can wait two or three years for a hearing date.

Unless the outstanding issues in your case are not very complicated, and can be resolved in less than an hour without talking to the applicant or any other witnesses, you would not have been a good candidate for ADR.

immappeal1

Nov 3, 2016
Hello everyone,
I'd like to know please if I have to have a lawyer in order to appeal or can my Canadian wife represent our case without needing a lawyer since we can't afford one.
Thanks in advance

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
To immappeal1; You do not need a lawyer. Appeal before 30 days. you will get "blue book" in 120 days. Read reasons why you were refused visa. Then decide if need lawyer.

Anechka

Apr 28, 2015
Hello, I would like to know. I filed for appeal in Toronto in October 2015. And still no answers. This is normal or not?
And one more question, what is it Blue book? And how I can receive it?
Thank you for help.

immappeal1

Nov 3, 2016
wjmund said:
To immappeal1; You do not need a lawyer. Appeal before 30 days. you will get "blue book" in 120 days. Read reasons why you were refused visa. Then decide if need lawyer.
thank you very much for the info

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Anechka said:
Hello, I would like to know. I filed for appeal in Toronto in October 2015. And still no answers. This is normal or not?
And one more question, what is it Blue book? And how I can receive it?
Thank you for help.
The Blue Book is a photo copy of your application that you sent when you applied. It takes 120 days so you should receive it in January 2017

Anechka

Apr 28, 2015
Galano1213 said:
The Blue Book is a photo copy of your application that you sent when you applied. It takes 120 days so you should receive it in January 2017
Thank you.
But strange. from October 2015 to January 2017 more then 120 days. I am a little bit confuse.

preity

Jun 25, 2012
Visa Office......
Mississauga/NVDO
My husband is a Canadian PR and I am in India. If I apply for an open work permit along with my PR application, how long does it take for the work permit to be approved? Also once approved, does it allow me to enter Canada? Or should I wait for my PR approval to come through before I can enter?