+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

ali_mohammadd

Nov 16, 2016
I see what you are trying to say and hopefully everything works out with your case but one thing i cant figure out is my file gonna get process in cpc ottawa that is where the file is right now or are they gonna forward the file back to london office. Is your file being processed in ottawa or the same visa office before the hearing.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
soblue3 said:
Hi Galano,
In general all evidence has to submitted something like 20 days before the hearing..i dont remember exactly but something like that. That can include anything you like to put in there to undermine the concerns of the visa officer and proof that your relationship is genuine. Are you sure they are not going to interview your husband by phone? i had to provide them with phone cards so that they could call him. Also is your husband fluent in english? in case if he maybe interviewed make sure you request a translator. Did you get a lawyer or are you doing it by yourself?
SOBLUE3

They have not asked to interview my husband or for a phone card to interview him.He is not fluent in English but has a basic knowledge and has taken several lessons He was interviewed in Spanish in Havana This is his language. I am doing this by myself as the cost of a lawyer was not someone I could afford at $3000 plus HST tax. A lawyer could not speak at an ADR hearing.

Thank you for your advise.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Galano1213 said:
They have not asked to interview my husband or for a phone card to interview him. He is not fluent in English but has a basic knowledge and has taken several lessons He was interviewed in Spanish in Havana This is his language.
They will never ask so. It is your sole responsibility to bring witness(es) into the hearing. You should request your spouse to be heard (unless you really don't want so), and provide calling cards and phone numbers. Language is not a problem, as you can request an interpreter, free of charge for you. Have you ever bothered to read the IAD instructions? They clearly say so.
Well... you don't have to. But I assure you - this (not having your spouse to testify) will be taken as a very negative point. It doesn't mean you will definitely fail, but still...
Althouhg I may be wrong, as I don't know your reasons for refusal. All the above is mostly about the case like "marriage non-genuine".

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Unfortunately according to the agent in the Montreal office it is not required at an ADR hearing I am not even allowed a witness. Apparently it is only allowed in a Full hearing. I have no issue with them interviewing my husband in fact would like it as then they could see that some of the info written in the GCSM notes by the interview agent in Havana Cuba was mistaken. I can only go by what I am told by the immigration agent as they are supposed to giving me the correct information.
Thank you

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Galano1213, Sorry, I did not realize it is all about ADR. You did not mention that. All I said is relevant to a full hearing. At ADR they will not call anyone, this is correct.

Talon59

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2013
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-03-2013
Interview........
18-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-01-17
ali_mohammadd said:
I see what you are trying to say and hopefully everything works out with your case but one thing i cant figure out is my file gonna get process in cpc ottawa that is where the file is right now or are they gonna forward the file back to london office. Is your file being processed in ottawa or the same visa office before the hearing.
For our file I was told several times that it would be processed in Ottawa after hearing however it was transferred back to Singapore as they had originally started processing the file. The delay from April to June was because they had to forward the file from Ottawa to Singapore at least that's what they tell me.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Talon59 said:
For our file I was told several times that it would be processed in Ottawa after hearing however it was transferred back to Singapore as they had originally started processing the file. The delay from April to June was because they had to forward the file from Ottawa to Singapore at least that's what they tell me.
Same thing happened to me ... it took even longer for them to transfer the file to the VO office (6 months).

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
It takes up to 90 days for the official documents from the decision made at the appeal to be looked at in Ottawa and than All applications after appeal go back to the VO that denied it in the first place. It is supposed to be fast tracked but some how I don't think that is the case. This is the procedure information that was given to me by the Immigration agent in the Montreal Appeal office.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Hi all. We win our appeal in Vancouver Nov.16. We were well prepared, as you need to be. So happy, now hope next paperwork goes quickly.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Galano1213 said:
SOBLUE3

They have not asked to interview my husband or for a phone card to interview him.He is not fluent in English but has a basic knowledge and has taken several lessons He was interviewed in Spanish in Havana This is his language. I am doing this by myself as the cost of a lawyer was not someone I could afford at $3000 plus HST tax. A lawyer could not speak at an ADR hearing.

Thank you for your advise.
Oh sorry, i did not realize you were talking about adr ..yes you are absolutely right, they do not need or let even your spouse to talk there..it will be only you and the immigration people there. You are lucky you got Adr because it can be much faster than when you have to wait for the full hearing. Just try to prepare any evidence you have to undermine the visa officers concerns. good luck with everything.

J.J

May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 June 2013
AOR Received.
16 July 2013
File Transfer...
24 July 2013
Interview........
17 April 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Appeal allowed March 4th, 2016,
LANDED..........
On my way
wintersnow said:
Same thing happened to me ... it took even longer for them to transfer the file to the VO office (6 months).
Received my notes yesterday and same thing, file transferred to Delhi after 5 months of waiting in Ottawa.
First it took IAD two months to send it to Ottawa and then they sit on it for another 5 months. Later Ottawa decided to move it to Delhi and now it's been again sitting there for 3 months.
Wish I could walk in their office and beat somebody up.

Clear_Beauty

Nov 11, 2016
wjmund said:
Hi all. We win our appeal in Vancouver Nov.16.
I am headed into that Hearing room come February. I ask for someone to share their experience there.

Did you take a Lawyer? What are these IRB people like? Are there any Caucasians on staff?

I am not aware of the details of your case, but I notice it is such as mine, rejected in Hong Kong.

What kind of personalities will I be facing? Will there be negative innuendo or intimidation tactics?

Will they reach a decision rather quickly, once the examination/ interrogation period is finished?

Your experience could offer very valuable insight if you can spare a few minutes.

Such as others here, my spousal sponsorship was approved no problem. Then my Chinese wife provided all the correct documentation. She's healthy and legal. We've known each other for years, but at her interview in Hong Kong they took minutes to discount months of careful preparation.

I am told the facts and evidence had little to do with my wife's application refusal. I am told there is a cap on allowable spousal applications from that office. They have a monthly nor annual Quota. Spousal applications are the first ones to be rejected once the Quota is reached

I was told my same application would have had a much greater chance of success if submitted in Canada.

But please share some inside information with me. I am curious about the 'Crown counsel' . well I don't know what they are called. I mean the person who is supposed to run the procedure. Was this a man or woman? What is the gender make-up of this panel? Are 'mature' people working the Hearing staff?

I see a lot of younger government workers. Many don't care who gets hurt, as long as they can appear proficient enough to prolong their precious careers. But I have never dealt with this agency. Can you enlighten me?

Clear_Beauty

Nov 11, 2016
I missed an earlier reply from soblue3 . Thanks for your information. I am so not sure I could describe my marriage for 2 hours such as you did. I am not very talkative when the authorities are coming down on me. Should I discuss marital intimacies? Do people mention this? I never know how they'll react to my personality.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Clear_Beauty said:
I missed an earlier reply from soblue3 . Thanks for your information. I am so not sure I could describe my marriage for 2 hours such as you did. I am not very talkative when the authorities are coming down on me. Should I discuss marital intimacies? Do people mention this? I never know how they'll react to my personality.
Hi Clear beauty,
Well just try to say as much as possible to each question they ask. And i am not sure if they ask everybody but they did ask me some pretty intimate questions..i guess intimacy is a part of "normal" relationship so just answer their questions as good as you can. Also, make sure you describe your spouses good characteristics to show that they are honest and of good character. And don't worry if the counsel comes down on you a bit..its their job..the judge will direct the direction of questioning most of the time and ensure they don't insult you.

Reactions: Alicee

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
Hi need help !!!!
So our appeal was allowed in 20 June 2016..
And on 31 August request for police certificate ,additional family info,payment of rprf ,evidence of sponsors employment ...which I sent in 19 September..since then now word from the vo..my visa office is in accra
I'm very nervous..what should I expect next ,?