June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
wait_so_long said:
Sounds like you have a pretty convincing argument, as long as you also had the evidence to back it up. Worst case would have been if he had met you right after his failed Student Visa, and you didn't declare it in your PRV application. Good luck.
Thanx a lot for ur wishes but we didn't hv our chat record from the beginning they asked us but my hubby said we already provided everything with the initial application but minister crustal was he dnt hv anything but v had 975 pages fb chat more than 1000 pgs sky pe chat and calling records what's app chat and lot of picture sent wen v appealed the decision v used them in ADR and now we just sent them our skype video chat and hardly any written conversation but u can see the time in a very lengthy video chat every single day and I visited him 4 times after our wedding and once we went to maritius together and the last visit was with all my kids. I asked my lawyer if I hv to bring the other prooves with me the one I use for ADR but he said no so I didn't tAke them with me. So I dnt know if these were enough from our side or not.

ajaythakur30

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Recomended
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi guys i am just worried , our spousal sponsership is denied my NDVO on 13th july 3016 , then after a week we applied for appeal but till now we have not heard anything from appeal department . What do you guys think about it ? Should i worry or not ? , our lawyer sent the signed appeal letter via FAX to the Appeal department.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
In exactly 2 days it will be a year since we applied and still no news, someone told me that if they would need an interview I would hear from them earlier (at 7-8 months after we applied).
I ordered notes almost 2 months ago and they just came yesterday , no news...the only think I was happy to see that they included all the additional proof I sent after we applied (we sent 2 time online, and one time a big package of proof via courier). So we have to wait and see what is going to happened since the processing time for our VO is 13 months and we almost achieve it.

Hema66666666

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Ya I sponsered my X spouse
I was responsible for sponsorship and undertaking for 3 years

She had collected social assistance for period of April 2012 to August 2012.

Which I already repaid and send all reciept to cic New Delhi.

My case details

File submitted July 2016
Acknowledgement letter Dec 2016 with refusal for sponsorship but still my representative selected option b so file process to New Delhi
Social assistance repaid Jan 2016.
Social assistance repaid receipts send to cic Jan 2016
Refusal letter recieved for same reason august 2016.l with option to appeal

What is good option for me.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
ajaythakur30 said:
Hi guys i am just worried , our spousal sponsership is denied my NDVO on 13th july 3016 , then after a week we applied for appeal but till now we have not heard anything from appeal department . What do you guys think about it ? Should i worry or not ? , our lawyer sent the signed appeal letter via FAX to the Appeal department.
Your lawyer should be able to provide you with the approximate timelines for appeals in your jurisdiction, and be informing both yourself and the appropriate parties if something is out of the ordinary. Many people on this board contact their MP, who have a special number to call to make inquiries about a case.

Did you (and/or your lawyer) receive written acknowledgement of your Notice of Appeal? Those are usually fairly quick - approximately a week.

In the acknowledgement letter, they will tell you that it'd be approximately 120 days before you receive the appeal record.

After that, the timelines will be different, depending on where the sponsor lives.

ANJAANI

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
hi guys i have question. once we will receive the BB, i guess that time my consultant will requestion for
AdR or appel. is it that point we can submit new evidences i mean going to visit my husband in october and i will make lot of pictures. Can i submit them while requesting for Adr?????
i got refused in aug stating relationship non genuine at visa office new delhi.

ajaythakur30

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Recomended
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
wait_so_long said:
Your lawyer should be able to provide you with the approximate timelines for appeals in your jurisdiction, and be informing both yourself and the appropriate parties if something is out of the ordinary. Many people on this board contact their MP, who have a special number to call to make inquiries about a case.

Did you (and/or your lawyer) receive written acknowledgement of your Notice of Appeal? Those are usually fairly quick - approximately a week.

In the acknowledgement letter, they will tell you that it'd be approximately 120 days before you receive the appeal record.

After that, the timelines will be different, depending on where the sponsor lives.
Our lawyer and we havent recievd any aknowledgment of appeal at all yet thats why i am worried

SAHIL SINGH

Mar 27, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
Med's Request
September 2016
Med's Done....
19-Feb-2013 Exp 5-Mar-2014
Interview........
19-Mar-2014 Rejected (Appealed June 2014)
Passport Req..
Old (20-06-2013) NEW - Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting (Hearing date is August 15th 2016) Succesfull
LANDED..........
Waiting
jaycee4sweet said:
Thanx a lot for ur wishes but we didn't hv our chat record from the beginning they asked us but my hubby said we already provided everything with the initial application but minister crustal was he dnt hv anything but v had 975 pages fb chat more than 1000 pgs sky pe chat and calling records what's app chat and lot of picture sent wen v appealed the decision v used them in ADR and now we just sent them our skype video chat and hardly any written conversation but u can see the time in a very lengthy video chat every single day and I visited him 4 times after our wedding and once we went to maritius together and the last visit was with all my kids. I asked my lawyer if I hv to bring the other prooves with me the one I use for ADR but he said no so I didn't tAke them with me. So I dnt know if these were enough from our side or not.

Don't worry dear everything is going to be fine. We had successful hearing on 15th August but still waiting for a Court decision letter (Yes The Judge did tell us that we won it).

What I am trying to say maybe the Judge told you to wait for 60 days but it still going to take somewhere from 25 days to 60 days for the letter.

so be positive. God bless us.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
wait_so_long said:
Just be patient and wait for the decision. They said they'll have the decision in 60 days; it's been barely 15 days and you've already called them twice? In the mind of the IAD member assessing the case, he/she would probably be thinking why is this person trying to rush the decision? Is there something this person doesn't want us to find out?

You need to tell yourself that both the IAD and the minister's counsel are looking after your best interests. To make sure you're not being scammed. Your mind is clouded by love; whereas they can be a little more objective, with a touch of cynicism thrown in, because they've likely seen it before.

I wish you the best, and hopefully your worries will be for naught, and you will find happiness in your future, whatever form it takes.

I am sorry wait so long, but i dont know how long have you been waiting to be reunited with your loved one. but on my end is been almost 3 years and it is way way too long so i can understand why some of us get impatient. however, we need to be patient. i think continuous calling can irritate the visa officers and maybe even delay the progress on our case. as far as then looking after our best interests it is not always the case..as most scammers are pretty much smooth talkers and usually get through with much less trouble than regular people. there is enough of them in canada already i am sure.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Hi sobule3 I m waiting more dan 3 yrs after I filed the application for my husband. But v r in relationship more dan 5 yrs. is this not enough for them to judge our genuineness of our relation. We r rejected twice once in back home and once in our ADR. The minister counsel in the ADR told me dat I m believing u 100% but he still want to listen to my hubby as well that's y he is refusing me. Wot the heck he believed me but dnt want to allow the appeal. I was so shatterd dat tym but my hubby was there to make me understand that everything ll b f9 and stay positive. He is never like he is dying to come to Canada. I can c dat feel dat but how we can make these people to feel our feelings or make them understand dat we r genuine.

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
SAHIL SINGH said:
Don't worry dear everything is going to be fine. We had successful hearing on 15th August but still waiting for a Court decision letter (Yes The Judge did tell us that we won it).

What I am trying to say maybe the Judge told you to wait for 60 days but it still going to take somewhere from 25 days to 60 days for the letter.

so be positive. God bless us.
Hi sahil I wish u all d best with ur app process as u know dat u hv won d appeal. I wish u get ur decision leather soon and the rest left ll b done soon. And u get ur visa in short while. Gud luck and thanx for the comments. God bless .

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
jaycee4sweet said:
Hi sobule3 I m waiting more dan 3 yrs after I filed the application for my husband. But v r in relationship more dan 5 yrs. is this not enough for them to judge our genuineness of our relation. We r rejected twice once in back home and once in our ADR. The minister counsel in the ADR told me dat I m believing u 100% but he still want to listen to my hubby as well that's y he is refusing me. Wot the heck he believed me but dnt want to allow the appeal. I was so shatterd dat tym but my hubby was there to make me understand that everything ll b f9 and stay positive. He is never like he is dying to come to Canada. I can c dat feel dat but how we can make these people to feel our feelings or make them understand dat we r genuine.
Hey Jaycee,
Yes it seems the general procedure to want to interview your husband when the question if the relationship is genuine. We also had to go to full hearing and were not even given the ADR. It is not so bad but of course takes much longer. It seems they do not understand why we have an issue with waiting lol.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
wintersnow said:
Almost everybody on this forum is refused for the same reason ... not genuine. After winning that appeal they can never, ever again question the sincerity of your relationship.
Would the converse also be true? If the appeal is not allowed, then you can never, ever again bring up the genuiness of your marriage again before the IAD? If you let a couple of years pass, accumulate a mountain of additional evidence, re-apply - would the earlier IAD decision go against you, and if they refuse you again, there would be no avenue to appeal?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
jaycee4sweet said:
It sounds like your ADR was doomed to fail, but nevertheless was a good experience, as it allowed your lawyer to get a better sense of what their concerns were and be able to address them properly during the hearing.

It all depends on the strength of your evidence, and whether your lawyer was able to satisfy them that your husband's motivations are genuine. To tell you the truth, with what little you've been able to share with us about your case, I still have some lingering doubts about that, even though I have no doubts about your sincerity. But then, I don't have the benefit of seeing all the evidence and hearing all the arguements that were presented during the hearing.

It's actually a good thing that it's taking so long. It probably means that they are taking the time to consider all your arguements and all your evidence before rendering a decision. Also keep in mind that in the interim, the judge is probably still hearing and deciding on other immigration and refugee cases,and possibly international adoptions.

I'm not clear on one thing .... did you send the evidence of the earlier part of your relationship to the IAD and Minister's Counsel for the hearing? You had mentioned that it was in your initial application, but you didn't have it for the ADR or something. If it wasn't in the BB, and you didn't re-submit it, then they can't take it under consideration. The early timeline seems to be the linchpin of your case.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
ajaythakur30 said:
Our lawyer and we havent recievd any aknowledgment of appeal at all yet thats why i am worried
The acknowlegement is very important, as it's an indication that they have received your Notice of Appeal, and have assigned you an IAD File #. As mentioned previously, the wait time is usually very short on AORs. Could your lawyer have faxed your Notice of Appeal to the wrong number? Could the AORs have been lost in the postal mail?

Did you already receive the Refusal Letter, and did your send it along with the Notice of Appeal? It was about a month after the interview before we received the Refusal Letter, after which we had 30 days to file a Notice of Appeal. Did your lawyer jump the gun a bit?

Your lawyer should be pursuing this and making sure that your appeal is on track, and have not fallen off the rails for some reason. If s/he is not already doing this, you will have to light a fire under him/her. Did your lawyer say anything else other than s/he hasn't received any Acknowlegement of your Notice of Appeal? Did s/he sound concerned, or di s/he indicate that this is not unusual?

As mentioned previously, you can engage your MP to make an inquiry on your behalf. The turnaround is very slow, and I'm not sure if they need to have an IAD file number first. They might be able to make do with the sponsor's UCI number.