+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Thommo said:
Hello deeafahd,

Given processing time of 13 months means 80% of the cases are finalized in this time period. Remaining cases can linger on......Nobody waits for the interview. Letter comes unexpectedly and they give about 4 - 6 weeks notice. I hope you don't have to go through that. But at least you are aware of the whole process. In my case i was caught completely unprepared by the refusal and felt shattered by the highhandedness of the visa officer.
Very true. Also if your husband has been sending the last 5 months together with you, make sure that you have updated the contact information on your file. They send the Interview Notice by unregistered postal mail, which is not very reliable.

The process is flawed. Families are put through years of torture because of the decision of a single person, who might just have been having a bad day. At least now it seems that they are actively trying to push for ADR, so a lot of these decisions can be overturned in a more timely matter.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
Guys At the time of ADR the Presence of Lawyer is Necessary ?
If you have a lawyer, then he/she should be attending the ADR - it is usually a part of their appeal services package. Even though the lawyer is not allowed to speak, they will listen for any clues that will help for the hearing, should the ADR not be successful. If you already have a lawyer, he/she should be advising you on these matters.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wait_so_long said:
If you have a lawyer, then he/she should be attending the ADR - it is usually a part of their appeal services package. Even though the lawyer is not allowed to speak, they will listen for any clues that will help for the hearing, should the ADR not be successful. If you already have a lawyer, he/she should be advising you on these matters.
My Lawyer is in Toronto and we live In Edmonton . Lawyer will be In Edmonton For hearing but might not be for ADR..If Lawyer would not be at ADR would that be Okay ?

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
My Lawyer is in Toronto and we live In Edmonton . Lawyer will be In Edmonton For hearing but might not be for ADR..If Lawyer would not be at ADR would that be Okay ?
No, the lawyer is not essential at the ADR. But should be an active part of preparing you for the ADR, and reviewing all the additional evidence that you will be submitting for the ADR. I don't know if this is the case anymore, but your lawyer should also be working to get you to ADR, as it will shorten the appeal process considerably.

We were not fortunate enough to be approved for ADR, so I can't tell you whether there will be written transcripts of the ADR, like for the interview. That would be helpful for your lawyer, if he/she is not able to attend the ADR.

If you are in Edmonton, your IAD office would be in Vancouver. Why would you choose a Toronto lawyer? Not saying it's a mistake, just wondering.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
I notice you said "we live in Edmonton". Does that mean that you are together in Edmonton with your spouse? That is a benefit that most of us don't have, and will help tremendously in your appeal, if you document it properly. See my previous post from earlier today about that.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
wait_so_long said:
Very true. Also if your husband has been sending the last 5 months together with you, make sure that you have updated the contact information on your file. They send the Interview Notice by unregistered postal mail, which is not very reliable.

The process is flawed. Families are put through years of torture because of the decision of a single person, who might just have been having a bad day. At least now it seems that they are actively trying to push for ADR, so a lot of these decisions can be overturned in a more timely matter.
thx a lot for your reply, well my husband will most likely leave soon since he has some projects at work so probably is better to not change any information... We just let them know that he is here and send the some proof of that... Can you tell me why they denie you? What was your red flags? Just coz u did not spent enoigh time together? You did not spend before marriage or after? Thx

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
Guys my visa has been refused.. My v.o was counter number 6. And the reason in refusal letter was ridiculous it says there was no priest and saptapadi in our Mar according to hindu marriage act priest is saptapadi is important so i have given registrar false information and got fake certificate. Bt her statement was totally wrong im from tamilnadu in india only tamilnadu legalise wedding widout priest and they have also amended that in marriage act 1962... Other than appeal is there anyother way to write the v.o that her information is wrong pls give some idea... Jus for the sake of v.o fault i cant wait again for 2 yrs in the name of appeal..

And they have took whole 17 months just to tell this which is also not right information... Even if a illiterate google about registration in tamilnadu it clearly says the process and i never told that there was no witness in the marriage she has also mentioned that i told her in interview that there was no priest or witness in our marriage am i crack to tell her there was no witness I even showed her the photos of our witness wat can i do

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wait_so_long said:
No, the lawyer is not essential at the ADR. But should be an active part of preparing you for the ADR, and reviewing all the additional evidence that you will be submitting for the ADR. I don't know if this is the case anymore, but your lawyer should also be working to get you to ADR, as it will shorten the appeal process considerably.

We were not fortunate enough to be approved for ADR, so I can't tell you whether there will be written transcripts of the ADR, like for the interview. That would be helpful for your lawyer, if he/she is not able to attend the ADR.

If you are in Edmonton, your IAD office would be in Vancouver. Why would you choose a Toronto lawyer? Not saying it's a mistake, just wondering.
Me and My Wife wants to have best Immigration Lawyer so Our Google search came up with '' Niren and Associates'' in Toronto. We want the best bcz We feels our case is bit complex ( Age gape , Culture differences and my Study Refusal in 2013) made it different.However in refusal Letter they did not mention any of above reasons, it was just written ''Marriage is not Guinean'' . We are waiting for the Blue Book.

Me and My wife is looking into if we can get our Hearing done in Vancouver other thn Edmonton bcz Vancouver Processing times are much lesser thn Edmonton. My wife can travel From Edt to Van. By doing this if we can save even 6 months, it wont be a bad deal at all.

No I'm not in Canada . My wife Lives in Edmonton.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Thommo said:
Interview letter was emailed to my wife and copied to me too. Interview isn't difficult. But some visa officers are difficult to deal with. They hardly give you a chance to speak.
Reasons given for refusal are culture and language difference, only three months courtship period through long distance communication and my wife doesn't know about me! This after having spent 60 days together - 24 hours a day and having chatted for about three hours a day for last 14 months.
I sorry to hear about the reasons u were refused... What language you comunicate to your wife??.. Also you said you spent 60 days with her... Is that before the marriage or after?? Did you know her only for 3 months before marriage?? Thx and sorry if I ask to much

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Dhaksha said:
Guys my visa has been refused.. My v.o was counter number 6. And the reason in refusal letter was ridiculous it says there was no priest and saptapadi in our Mar according to hindu marriage act priest is saptapadi is important so i have given registrar false information and got fake certificate. Bt her statement was totally wrong im from tamilnadu in india only tamilnadu legalise wedding widout priest and they have also amended that in marriage act 1962... Other than appeal is there anyother way to write the v.o that her information is wrong pls give some idea... Jus for the sake of v.o fault i cant wait again for 2 yrs in the name of appeal..

And they have took whole 17 months just to tell this which is also not right information... Even if a illiterate google about registration in tamilnadu it clearly says the process and i never told that there was no witness in the marriage she has also mentioned that i told her in interview that there was no priest or witness in our marriage am i crack to tell her there was no witness I even showed her the photos of our witness wat can i do
Hi Daksha,

Really sorry to hear about your refusal, if I'm not mistaken VO must be same Short Name SN, and she seemed to be lacking knowledge about visa system, even big time lacking common sense. Check my timeline, and see, we are suffering for more than 4 years 7 months.

And next step is there is nothing much you could do other than APPEAL, and we all are hoping that off late, all appeals are being processed fast.

You would've to appeal, and take the next step fast.

SV670

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone tell me if I should print out each email between my spouse and I individually for the appeal or just a screen shot of the list of emails?

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
Can apply for trv after refusal of spouse visa

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dhaksha said:
Unfortunately it's highly unlikely for a refused spouse to be given visa for any reason. The government only sees it as a high risk that the person will not go home when their visa expires. You can apply but more than likely it would be a waste of time and money.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
deeafahd said:
I sorry to hear about the reasons u were refused... What language you comunicate to your wife??.. Also you said you spent 60 days with her... Is that before the marriage or after?? Did you know her only for 3 months before marriage?? Thx and sorry if I ask to much
We communicate in English though my wife's English isn't good. She is trying hard to improve. We use online translation. In WeChat conversation can be easily translated into your cellphone language.
We stayed together a week before marriage. Subsequent to applying for her immigration we spent about 40 days together on two separate occasions. I believe the information we submit at later stages doesn't have much effect on the decision of visa officer. If i were to submit application all over again i would wait for at least a year after marriage and spend more time together with my wife to be successful.

M

mikeymyke

Thommo, there's a user named wintersnow, search his name and ask him for his experience. He has a similar situation to you, him and his wife speak English, but the wife uses translation software to communicate. I didn't think they would be successful given that they can't communicate without translation software, but they were successful in their appeal.

Dhaksha said:
Don't bother, it will be refused.