August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
MaryL said:
Hello everyone I am very thankfull to god and everyone on this forum who gave their suggestions and made me positive all the time.
I got my passport with visa today.
I pray same for everyone out their.
Finally i can start my life after 5 years of struggle.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wait_so_long said:
If you are granted an ADR, the lawyer does not speak to the panel, but should be there to listen and gather information for the hearing in the event that your ADR is not successful. And I expect your lawyer would be at the hearing representing you, or why else would you have a lawyer? And from other people's experience in this forum, your lawyer should be preparing arguments on why your case should go to ADR, as it is a much shorter process, and less adversarial. I'm not sure whether your lawyer would be able to listen in to the ADR by telephone, or whether transcripts of the ADR would be made available to you and your lawyer.

I missed the chance for ADR, and am still waiting for the hearing, so I can't speak from experience. But I think if a hearing is required, your lawyer would probably have to go to Edmonton. They are not so advanced yet that they are able to bring in people by video conference like Skype or QQ - they ask for prepaid phone cards so they can telephone the applicant during the hearing. Even if they allow your lawyer to participate by telephone, it is more effective if you can look people in the eye, and make use of body language.

As your wife resides in Edmonton, your hearing would be in Edmonton, where the wait times are usually longer. From what I hear, they only come up from Calgary to Edmonton only 6 times a year, whereas they are year-round in Vancouver. This may all be different now, as the new government has put some money into reducing the backlog in spousal sponsorship.

I think you are also able to ask to have your case heard in Vancouver, if your wife is able to travel to Vancouver. In that case, you might be better represented by a lawyer in Vancouver, as he/she would be more familiar with the IAD and CBSA people doing the hearings in Vancouver and their particular biases. Also, the lawyer wouldn't have to travel. Again, just my opinion, as this is not the route I had chosen - although I might have, if I had known about it earlier.

Good luck, however you choose to proceed. But I think the above poster is right. Your lawyer should be advising you on procedure, and options available to you. If they are not giving clear answers, or being evasive, I would question whether they have your best interests at heart. Or it might be a red flag that they don't have sufficient experience to be familiar with the process.
Thank-You My Dear the for Response .

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Karan751 said:
MaryL said:
Hello everyone I am very thankfull to god and everyone on this forum who gave their suggestions and made me positive all the time.
That's not my quote.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Karan751 said:
congratulations!

Reactions: Alicee

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
AnnieDonald said:
Hi Wintersnow, very nice to hear from you, you might be right, we have an appealing chatroom by QQ, quite a few ladies there, we share lots of information there. I sent you a personal message about phone talk with my husband, hope it can be some help for you to be togher soon. Best regards.
Hi, Annie.

I don't know if you are still checking this forum since you have apparently won your appeal at ADR (congratulations, by the way). I am interested to find out that there is a Canada Immigration Appeal chatroom on QQ. If you are checking in, would you be able to point me to the chatroom? It would be much appreciated.

thanks much.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
appealsp said:
People who got their BB, did you have this line in the record:

"We urge you to provide us with any evidence you wish to rely on as quick as possible so that unnecessary delays may be avoided and to allow us to settle any non-controversial issues before the hearing."

Is this a generic letter or an indication for ADR. Also, was your letter from Minister of Public safety and Emergency preparedness?
AppealSP and Client 2014.

The cover letter that came with my BB contains no such text. From that I can only assume that you have been selected for consideration for ADR ... congratulations! Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Put together your evidence and get it sent in as soon as possible. Read the refusal letter and the interview notes and try to address each of the Visa Officer's concerns in as much detail as possible.

My letter came from Hearings and Appeals, Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), which is an agency under the minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness. And also, my letter was dated June 3, 2015. Since then, there has been a change in government, and the ministries have been shuffled around, combined, and re-organized.

So, what you got might be the new standard form letter. But the text does sound like they are considering your for ADR, especially the part about settling non-controversial issues.

Good luck to you both!

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wait_so_long said:
Hi, Annie.

I don't know if you are still checking this forum since you have apparently won your appeal at ADR (congratulations, by the way). I am interested to find out that there is a Canada Immigration Appeal chatroom on QQ. If you are checking in, would you be able to point me to the chatroom? It would be much appreciated.

thanks much.
Hi there, QQ chat room number: 71793115, all talks will be in Chinese. Have fun.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
Anyone Knows Good Lawyer in Edmonton ?
Your written English is pretty good, how is your English listening and speaking? How is your wife's English skills? Since she will be the one that will be corresponding with the lawyer the most, it is good to have a common language.

Most lawyers offer a consultation for a small fee. Mostly it is for the lawyer to familiarize him/herself with your case, but it also allows you to get a feel for each other. Also, are there any side issues? For example, family law or criminal history?

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Congratulations Karan751

Raz8029 and SV670 don't let immigration dictate your marriage. I have learn that the hard way. Because of this my marriage will never be the same as it use to be before this whole process. I am still working on it because I don't intend to let them win.

I wish everybody who is waiting to be reunited with their love ones the strength and courage to get through all of this.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Our application was refused giving the most common reason that marriage has been entered into for sole purpose of getting immigration. During the interview visa officer only asked my wife that why she agreed to marry me so soon. She also asked why my wife was looking for a partner on internet. My wife doesn't speak much English as you would expect in case of most people living in China. Visa officer seemed to have made up her mind to refuse the application even before the interview. She didn't dwell on any positive thing and hardly allowed my wife to speak.
I have appealed against the refusal decision. I know blue book will provide detailed reasons for refusal. What can we do meantime? What evidence will be helpful? We married in October last year in China. After that we traveled to my native country in May this year and she met my family. I visited her again in China for three weeks in China. last month. Her interview was in the beginning of this month. We received refusal email within two hours of the interview.
We communicate through WeChat for several hours daily. I am at loss to find more documents proving genuineness of our marriage. I provided proof of my travel to meet her twice after our marriage, photographs, remittance receipts and chat records.
We can't have joint account or joint ownership of anything till we start staying together. Could anyone advise what can we do that will strengthen our case?
It's so frustrating to see authorities treating residents as fraudsters and at the same time pretending to be compassionate in welcoming refugees.
Separation of up to five years can be very testing even for the strongest relationship. Who is going to compensate people for years wasted in waiting?
Why can't Canada follow other countries that allow couples to be together soon after marriage and continue processing permanent resident application thereafter?

guycanadian

Apr 29, 2015
Shirish Chotalia .com is in Edmonton.
She is expensive but very very good, one of the best in Canada.
She is also a Human Rights lawyer and use to be a judge/board member.
25+ years of experience.
We won the appeal on July 27th with her help.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
guycanadian said:
25+ years of experience.
I googled her name, and wow, she sounds pretty scary! Coming up with descriptions like reign of terror ... belittled staff ... repeatedly harassed employees ... incompetent, bullying ... and so on. Please don't sue me, these are not my words, and I'm not saying that they're necessarily true!

Congratulations on winning your appeal, though.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
AnnieDonald said:
i sent mine and they received on 28/4, still waiting.
just a quick updat to fellows here: on the 9th, August, I got my passport request from cic, now i almost got everything ready to send out today. best regards.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
guycanadian said:
25+ years of experience.
How much She costs? And How much time Over all it took ?