February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Raz8029 said:
This Canadian immigration is the biggest nonsense I have ever seen. I got married in 2012, applied in 2013...and now its 2016. My wife is still not here. Between these years, I have attended numerous weddings where one of the spouse was sponsored in some developed country. ALL OFF THEM ARE WITH THEIR SPOUSES except me. The visa officers need to go look at themselves in the mirror and spit! What a joke this has been.

My wife was denied immigration in 2014. There was no interview, no additional information request...nothing. Just a simple 'refused' letter. I appealed and was granted an ADR in Apr. 2015. The IRB officer was useless and so was the minister's counsel. They denied the ADR because no interview conducted. What a bunch of morons these immigration people are. I went to a full hearing in May 2016. Again, the judge was some idiot whose first statement was ' I read some of your emails to your wife and I am really concerned'. What a bit**!! All she could do was have issues with the way I wrote emails to my wife. The entire hearing was now not about if our relationship was genuine, but rather 'concerns' about how I email and chat with my wife.

Btw I won the hearing. Until the break, the judge and minister's counsel constantly asked ridiculous questions. When my lawyer tried to intervene and say that the questions were irrelevant, the judge told him to just shut up and sit quietly. My lawyer got pissed and threatened the minster's counsel during the break that if we don't win this case, he is going to drag him and the judge in a lawsuit because their actions were just ridiculous. I guess my lawyers threat worked and I was informed that the minster's council will consent before the judge can pass any ruling. What a bunch of a$$ holes.

When I got the decision in writing, it had no explanation or details or analysis. Just that my appeal was allowed. I am waiting for my case to appear on Canlii. I will make sure I humiliate them for what they did to me and will try my best that I get some sort of media coverage on this once my wife is here.

A month after the appeal letter, I was asked to resubmit the forms and new medical and police certificates. I sent those in Jul and now another wait game starts.

To all those who are waiting, I wish you good luck and pray you don't have to wait so long.
Very sad. I am waiting too since 2013.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Ive been waiting since 2012..... had an interview date on january 2016 got rejected because my husband didnt know my new address which made them think he doesnt know much about his wife lol freaking ridiculous... now waiting for adr date...... :( cant believe how long theyre making us wait hope we will be sucessfull here......

Raz8029 said:
This Canadian immigration is the biggest nonsense I have ever seen. I got married in 2012, applied in 2013...and now its 2016. My wife is still not here. Between these years, I have attended numerous weddings where one of the spouse was sponsored in some developed country. ALL OFF THEM ARE WITH THEIR SPOUSES except me. The visa officers need to go look at themselves in the mirror and spit! What a joke this has been.

My wife was denied immigration in 2014. There was no interview, no additional information request...nothing. Just a simple 'refused' letter. I appealed and was granted an ADR in Apr. 2015. The IRB officer was useless and so was the minister's counsel. They denied the ADR because no interview conducted. What a bunch of morons these immigration people are. I went to a full hearing in May 2016. Again, the judge was some idiot whose first statement was ' I read some of your emails to your wife and I am really concerned'. What a bit**!! All she could do was have issues with the way I wrote emails to my wife. The entire hearing was now not about if our relationship was genuine, but rather 'concerns' about how I email and chat with my wife.

Btw I won the hearing. Until the break, the judge and minister's counsel constantly asked ridiculous questions. When my lawyer tried to intervene and say that the questions were irrelevant, the judge told him to just shut up and sit quietly. My lawyer got pissed and threatened the minster's counsel during the break that if we don't win this case, he is going to drag him and the judge in a lawsuit because their actions were just ridiculous. I guess my lawyers threat worked and I was informed that the minster's council will consent before the judge can pass any ruling. What a bunch of a$$ holes.

When I got the decision in writing, it had no explanation or details or analysis. Just that my appeal was allowed. I am waiting for my case to appear on Canlii. I will make sure I humiliate them for what they did to me and will try my best that I get some sort of media coverage on this once my wife is here.

A month after the appeal letter, I was asked to resubmit the forms and new medical and police certificates. I sent those in Jul and now another wait game starts.

To all those who are waiting, I wish you good luck and pray you don't have to wait so long.

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
maria same i had interveiw on January 2016 they refusedme.....did they ask documents with bluse book tell m plz

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
i feel all apeal cases are same......alot of peopl received blue book as like me.....but my question from u guys who have received bluebook in june....did they ask said in letter .....send evidence if u want adr otherwise u will have full hearing? ???? tell m i m thinking alot that why they said me....i have sent them new evidence

client2014

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Uk london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
october 2015
Interview........
january 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
insha Allah soon
Emaan3 said:
i have to wait 3 years ???
im in montreal(QC) and can i send even if they didnt asked ?
Emaan why you will have to wait for 3 years? ?? did u call them???

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
GUYS I sent in Appeal on 14 july 2016, I have not receive anything yet , is it Normal ? we've Hired A lawyer from Toronto and we(my wife) lives in Edmonton, down the road will it be causing any troubles ??
Shortly after you sent in your Notice of Appeal, they should send you a small package consisting of a letter acknowledging that they've received your appeal, an Information Guide describing General Procedures for All Appeals, and a Rule Book. At that time, they will also assign you an IAD File Number.

In our case, I received the aforementioned package about 2 weeks after I had sent in the appeal form. Did you designate a Counsel in your Notice of Appeal? If so, the acknowledgement may have gone directly to your lawyer, although it should have gone to both parties.

Did you send in your Notice of Appeal within the required 30 days after receiving the refusal letter?

Is your wife the sponsor? If so, cases for appellants residing in Edmonton are handled out of the Vancouver IAD office, but the hearing itself would be heard in Edmonton, unless you request otherwise. I learned a little too late that the turnaround for appeals in Vancouver are much, much faster that in other parts of the country. Even Calgary is faster than Edmonton.

If you have a lawyer, you should be discussing these issues with your lawyer.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
2016jimi said:
I received my BB yesterday from Singapore Office. I was surprised it told only 33 days after I sent in my appeal. I have the same wordings. No date for ADR or Hearing??

"We urge you to provide us with any evidence you wish to rely on as quick as possible so that unnecessary delays may be avoided and to allow us to settle any non-controversial issues before the hearing."

I already fired my lawyer i am going to do it by myself. All i have to do is to tell the truth, nothing but the truth. I look into the BB and found that the VO office was bias and my wife show her 80 wedding pictures. But the VO statement was " few wedding pictures no convincing the marriage is genuine."

My questions:

1. can I put all my wedding pictures in a CD send in to IRB?

2. Do I need an official Vietnamese translator to translate all the love letters and emails my wife sent me into english?

The Vietnamese translator in Toronto asking for $70 per copy.!! can I get a friend or even myself to translate all the letters to English?

Also I was provided with a case official by the name of Bina Solanki and her telephone number is always busy. i hope to get ADR. ???I am really worry to wait for another 3 years. :eek:
Are you sure it was the BB that you received? It took about a month after the interview for us to get the Refusal Letter from the Hong Kong Visa office. It included a Notice of Appeal that has to be sent in within 30 days of receipt. If this is what you received, it is not the BB. Fill it in and send it off right away, or you will risk losing your chance to appeal!

After you send in the Notice of Appeal, the sponsor should receive an acknowledgement letter, telling you that should be receiving the Record of Appeal in about 120 days. The record of appeal is your Blue Book, and it should be about 100+ pages, consecutively numbered. In our case, it took about 7 months to get the BB.

Whether you go to ADR (simple cases) or hearing, you and your counsel should be receiving a Notice to Appear for a scheduling conference, to schedule the ADR or hearing. How long that takes depends on where you reside.

Edited to add: Sorry, I missed the part where you said "after I sent in my appeal". The extra 25 million that the Trudeau government put in towards clearing up the backlog must be making a big difference! As I mentioned, it took 7 months for us to get ours! Anyways, leaving my post up, in case it will help someone else.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Raz8029 said:

Congratulations on (finally) winning your appeal! Best not to stir the pot until after your wife has safely landed in Canada.

Raz8029

Mar 21, 2015
wait_so_long said:
Congratulations on (finally) winning your appeal! Best not to stir the pot until after your wife has safely landed in Canada.
Thank you. I understand what you are saying. But I am also a Citizen of Canada and that means no one has the right to treat me differently, especially a person who is representing the 'justice' system. I clearly told the Judge, when asked what I would do if she doesn't allow the appeal, I would gladly leave Canada. I love Canada and would die for this country but I also love my family and would die for them.

I did not do anything wrong. It was a dumb a$$ moron officer who thinks he/she is so smart and can declare my marriage a fake. Even the ADR and Appeal process proved that a lot of people in immigration don't have a clue about their job. The law firm I dealt with, is the largest one in Alberta and one in Canada, had not seen such a case before. They were shocked at the stupidity of the immigration officer and their reasons for refusal.

Anyways, to all those who are preparing for their appeal, please don't think you are wrong, or have done anything wrong. The immigration people will make you feel you are a criminal, but you are not...they are !! Be confident and bold. Expect to face a lot of bullshi** but make your case. All the best !

Reactions: Nov2016 and Alicee

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
wait_so_long said:
Shortly after you sent in your Notice of Appeal, they should send you a small package consisting of a letter acknowledging that they've received your appeal, an Information Guide describing General Procedures for All Appeals, and a Rule Book. At that time, they will also assign you an IAD File Number.

In our case, I received the aforementioned package about 2 weeks after I had sent in the appeal form. Did you designate a Counsel in your Notice of Appeal? If so, the acknowledgement may have gone directly to your lawyer, although it should have gone to both parties.

Did you send in your Notice of Appeal within the required 30 days after receiving the refusal letter?

Is your wife the sponsor? If so, cases for appellants residing in Edmonton are handled out of the Vancouver IAD office, but the hearing itself would be heard in Edmonton, unless you request otherwise. I learned a little too late that the turnaround for appeals in Vancouver are much, much faster that in other parts of the country. Even Calgary is faster than Edmonton.

If you have a lawyer, you should be discussing these issues with your lawyer.
Dear Thank you for taking time to Answer My Post.

Yes Dear we sent NOA within 30 Days also no body Receives Letter of Conformation yet. My wife is the Sponsor and she live in Edmonton. Yes our IAD office is in Vancouver.. As My Wife lives in Edmonton that mean Processing times would be shorter than in other part of the country??
Yes we have a lawyer but whenever we ask Her about her Presence in ADR or full Hearing is necessary or Optional , what will happen at the time of ADr or Hearing As you Reside in Toronto.. she never gives us any convincing Answer . I'm trying to find the convincing Answer.. I want to have the Answer ASAP bcz if we have to Change Lawyer we should change it now, not last minute .

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If you are granted an ADR the lawyer can be there but can not speak that except to you. You will be presenting the reasons to the the 2 person panel. In a full hearing you can have a lawyer do the the talking. If your lawyer is not telling you what the procedure is at these hearings I would question their ability to represent you .

An Alternative Dispute Resolution ( ADR) Conference is not a regular appeal hearing. It is an informal meeting between you and an official from Canada Border Services Agency, who is referred to as Minister's counsel. Minister's counsel represents the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada ( CIC).

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/boacom/references/procedures/pages/processspopar.aspx

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
tony000 said:
Dear Thank you for taking time to Answer My Post.

Yes Dear we sent NOA within 30 Days also no body Receives Letter of Conformation yet. My wife is the Sponsor and she live in Edmonton. Yes our IAD office is in Vancouver.. As My Wife lives in Edmonton that mean Processing times would be shorter than in other part of the country??
Yes we have a lawyer but whenever we ask Her about her Presence in ADR or full Hearing is necessary or Optional , what will happen at the time of ADr or Hearing As you Reside in Toronto.. she never gives us any convincing Answer . I'm trying to find the convincing Answer.. I want to have the Answer ASAP bcz if we have to Change Lawyer we should change it now, not last minute .
If you are granted an ADR, the lawyer does not speak to the panel, but should be there to listen and gather information for the hearing in the event that your ADR is not successful. And I expect your lawyer would be at the hearing representing you, or why else would you have a lawyer? And from other people's experience in this forum, your lawyer should be preparing arguments on why your case should go to ADR, as it is a much shorter process, and less adversarial. I'm not sure whether your lawyer would be able to listen in to the ADR by telephone, or whether transcripts of the ADR would be made available to you and your lawyer.

I missed the chance for ADR, and am still waiting for the hearing, so I can't speak from experience. But I think if a hearing is required, your lawyer would probably have to go to Edmonton. They are not so advanced yet that they are able to bring in people by video conference like Skype or QQ - they ask for prepaid phone cards so they can telephone the applicant during the hearing. Even if they allow your lawyer to participate by telephone, it is more effective if you can look people in the eye, and make use of body language.

As your wife resides in Edmonton, your hearing would be in Edmonton, where the wait times are usually longer. From what I hear, they only come up from Calgary to Edmonton only 6 times a year, whereas they are year-round in Vancouver. This may all be different now, as the new government has put some money into reducing the backlog in spousal sponsorship.

I think you are also able to ask to have your case heard in Vancouver, if your wife is able to travel to Vancouver. In that case, you might be better represented by a lawyer in Vancouver, as he/she would be more familiar with the IAD and CBSA people doing the hearings in Vancouver and their particular biases. Also, the lawyer wouldn't have to travel. Again, just my opinion, as this is not the route I had chosen - although I might have, if I had known about it earlier.

Good luck, however you choose to proceed. But I think the above poster is right. Your lawyer should be advising you on procedure, and options available to you. If they are not giving clear answers, or being evasive, I would question whether they have your best interests at heart. Or it might be a red flag that they don't have sufficient experience to be familiar with the process.

Reactions: Alicee

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
badpusacat said:
Do you think we have the chance of being called for an interview? Are we in a red flag situation? Below are our details:

-SAME age, religion, nationality, status, and academic achievement
-Met online thru a common friend (before I became a PR)
-After being in an online relationship for more than a year, met in person and got married after 45 days with all families present (both sides).

Now, I'm back here in Canada for his Sponsorship application.
Getting married after only 45 days after meeting ... anything less than 6 months would be a red flag of sorts. But they might overlook that, as otherwise you seem to be a good match, going by their criteria. It depends on the strength of other evidence that you have submitted.

The one thing that raises a big red flag to me is where you say you're BACK in Canada. Does that mean that you left Canada shortly after you became a PR? Do you work/live outside of Canada? I don't know about residency, but there are some financial requirements for sponsoring someone. Did you meet those requirements?

The Visa Officer will be looking for very compelling evidence that this is not a Marriage of Convenience, and may request an interview if he/she judges it to be insufficient.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
wait_so_long said:
Are you sure it was the BB that you received? It took about a month after the interview for us to get the Refusal Letter from the Hong Kong Visa office. It included a Notice of Appeal that has to be sent in within 30 days of receipt. If this is what you received, it is not the BB. Fill it in and send it off right away, or you will risk losing your chance to appeal!

After you send in the Notice of Appeal, the sponsor should receive an acknowledgement letter, telling you that should be receiving the Record of Appeal in about 120 days. The record of appeal is your Blue Book, and it should be about 100+ pages, consecutively numbered. In our case, it took about 7 months to get the BB.

Whether you go to ADR (simple cases) or hearing, you and your counsel should be receiving a Notice to Appear for a scheduling conference, to schedule the ADR or hearing. How long that takes depends on where you reside.

Edited to add: Sorry, I missed the part where you said "after I sent in my appeal". The extra 25 million that the Trudeau government put in towards clearing up the backlog must be making a big difference! As I mentioned, it took 7 months for us to get ours! Anyways, leaving my post up, in case it will help someone else.
I know right, I read after sent in appeal. I still feel this may only be AOR from appeal board. First thing you receive is confirmation of appeal. About 2-3 weeks after. Then you wait for a much bigger package. That comes from CSBA in Winnipeg. I filed appeal in June 2014. Recvd a letter confirming they got appeal on June 22. That letter arrived June 29.
Was hoping for early BB. At 3 mos I email Visa Office who replied they didn't get a request for it. I receive bb at 121 days. Somewhere I see that Rabat get request in October only. Anyway, what's your refusal reasons? Maybe they easily addressed. Maybe it's the govt acting faster. But I didnt think they do anything to help us in appeal except hire a handful of new ppl. Your BB should be over 100 pages.