App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
Hey All.. Our appeal was allowed and we rec'd the official letter April 8.
May 26th we rec'd a request for a new medical, did that and was sent in on June the 3rd.
File went back to VO .. Australia.
They didn't request anything except for the new medical. Is that normal or do you think we'll get any other requests? I would have thought if they needed any updated forms etc they would have all come together with the request for the new medical.

Any idea what happens next?
Super worried about the possible mail strike as well...

Reactions: Alicee

livelife13

Mar 25, 2016
CheshireCats said:
Hey All.. Our appeal was allowed and we rec'd the official letter April 8.
May 26th we rec'd a request for a new medical, did that and was sent in on June the 3rd.
File went back to VO .. Australia.
They didn't request anything except for the new medical. Is that normal or do you think we'll get any other requests? I would have thought if they needed any updated forms etc they would have all come together with the request for the new medical.

Any idea what happens next?
Super worried about the possible mail strike as well...
hi same happend with me but i found from my Mp that they did ask for pcc and all after waiting almost to months but i did not receive any info
so i recommend double check your email again and ask your representative if u have any if they received anything . I have seen other peoples updates to so they gonna ask for other things for sure

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
livelife13 said:
hi same happend with me but i found from my Mp that they did ask for pcc and all after waiting almost to months but i did not receive any info
so i recommend double check your email again and ask your representative if u have any if they received anything . I have seen other peoples updates to so they gonna ask for other things for sure
Our lawyer says that the only thing he got from the VO was the request for the updated medical.
My husband has not left Canada in 8 years so I don't think there would be a need for updated police certificates as they did all that in the appeal.
I really thought we would get a request for updated forms, but didn't. They wouldn't send them separately would they? That just doesn't make sense...

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
CheshireCats said:
Our lawyer says that the only thing he got from the VO was the request for the updated medical.
My husband has not left Canada in 8 years so I don't think there would be a need for updated police certificates as they did all that in the appeal.
I really thought we would get a request for updated forms, but didn't. They wouldn't send them separately would they? That just doesn't make sense...
Yes they do send them separate. My lawyer also got just the medical request and a few days later I received a mail requesting updated forms, police clearance and copy of passport pages, etc.

They should have asked for those documents, maybe people who already did them can clarify.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Hey all,

So I requested my GCMS notes a month ago and received them today (of course ... lol).

It appears my lawyer's assumption they were reviewing the case was in error. It seems like CIC Ottawa only acknowledged receiving the results 4 months 2 weeks after our successful appeal.

It's all so confusing :(

I definitely recommend going through your MP if there is a delay. There are numerous references to the MP requesting info on our behalf in the notes. I think that "shakes" CIC out of it's slumber. My MP started inquiring about 3 months after our appeal. I know a lot of people get the medical request 1 month after the appeal so I recommend you go to your MP ASAP. They probably won't inquire 2 months after the appeal but it's worth a try.

There was a mention in the notes about OB (Operational Bulletin) 519. I've been looking for it online but have no luck. Does anyone have a link? It has to do with the criteria used to determine if a case will be processed in Canada or sent to the Visa Office.

immig_seeker

Apr 18, 2016
wintersnow said:
Hey all,

So I requested my GCMS notes a month ago and received them today (of course ... lol).

It appears my lawyer's assumption they were reviewing the case was in error. It seems like CIC Ottawa only acknowledged receiving the results 4 months 2 weeks after our successful appeal.

It's all so confusing :(

I definitely recommend going through your MP if there is a delay. There are numerous references to the MP requesting info on our behalf in the notes. I think that "shakes" CIC out of it's slumber. My MP started inquiring about 3 months after our appeal. I know a lot of people get the medical request 1 month after the appeal so I recommend you go to your MP ASAP. They probably won't inquire 2 months after the appeal but it's worth a try.

There was a mention in the notes about OB (Operational Bulletin) 519. I've been looking for it online but have no luck. Does anyone have a link? It has to do with the criteria used to determine if a case will be processed in Canada or sent to the Visa Office.
:

Hello wintersnow and all other members,
I need some suggestion from you. My application for my wife's spousal sponsorship was refused 2 month ago. I applied for appeal immediately and at the same time i requested for GCMS. So I have my GCMS now and upon reviewing the GCMS, I found the CIC officer mentioned some absurd concerns to declare my relationship with my wife "not genuine" thus refused the application. I have answers ready for each of the concerns with adequate proof that he mentioned in the GCMS but I am confused whether I should send this explanation to IAD immediately or should I wait for CIC's official communication through IAD ? CIC is supposed to come back within 120 days, that means another 2 months to wait. Will CIC have anything else to say other than what I already have in GCMS ? I will appreciate any feedback from you. Thanks.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?
1) Do we need Lawyer / consultant for Appeal.
2) Anybody Knows good Immigration Lawyer/consultant In Alberta Edmonton ?
3) How much Time over all Appeal Process takes ?
4) from where to Download Applications for and where to send it ?
5) How long they will take to response back to us .

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
immig_seeker said:
Hello wintersnow and all other members,
I need some suggestion from you. My application for my wife's spousal sponsorship was refused 2 month ago. I applied for appeal immediately and at the same time i requested for GCMS. So I have my GCMS now and upon reviewing the GCMS, I found the CIC officer mentioned some absurd concerns to declare my relationship with my wife "not genuine" thus refused the application. I have answers ready for each of the concerns with adequate proof that he mentioned in the GCMS but I am confused whether I should send this explanation to IAD immediately or should I wait for CIC's official communication through IAD ? CIC is supposed to come back within 120 days, that means another 2 months to wait. Will CIC have anything else to say other than what I already have in GCMS ? I will appreciate any feedback from you. Thanks.
I don't think you send in your answers to those concerns at all. You just send additional proof. However, you must be ready to discuss the concerns of the minister's counsel at the ADR or full hearing.

Also ... I know you are probably angry but be careful of your tone. I know my lawyer had to settle me down because I was always ranting about how the poorly the VO treated my wife.

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
hello friendz just want to know if i can mail new delhi and cpc ottawa every couple of days.as we need to finish things up a;ready in 5 th year.cant file MP enquiry as my wife is here with us in india.
my son needs to start school in september .he is over 4 year now.freaking immigration took 5 years of our life.
sent updated forms which were recieved by 3 june been months still waiting for passport request.gonna be year in july 11 since we have won our appeal

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Need Urgent Response or reply

hello Members My case Got Refuse couple of days ago.. WE want to Appeal it,Now where to Start and what is our First step ?

immig_seeker

Apr 18, 2016
wintersnow said:
I don't think you send in your answers to those concerns at all. You just send additional proof. However, you must be ready to discuss the concerns of the minister's counsel at the ADR or full hearing.

Also ... I know you are probably angry but be careful of your tone. I know my lawyer had to settle me down because I was always ranting about how the poorly the VO treated my wife.
He used a lot of wrong information and wrongly used given information to establish his decision. If I don't argue now then don't you think these wrongs will be also established in later stage. This is a very crucial issue of our lives, so I am feeling emotionally blackmailed. And can I send any document without the application stating why I think my appeal to be allowed ?

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
immig_seeker said:
He used a lot of wrong information and wrongly used given information to establish his decision. If I don't argue now then don't you think these wrongs will be also established in later stage. This is a very crucial issue of our lives, so I am feeling emotionally blackmailed. And can I send any document without the application stating why I think my appeal to be allowed ?
Welcome to the club.
You don't understand the nature of the process. CIC decision has been already made, and whatever they state - is already established. Period. You file at CIC is closed, and no one is going to touch it anymore. You surely can send your documents now, but there is no use to do so. At least until you and IAD receive a Blue Book.
Waiting for that among other things will give you time to cool down. Emotions don't help the process. And ther may be more surprises in a Blue Book (for example, missing documents...). And after you get it - maybe at this point it makes sense to write a letter of expalanation to the IAD. Which may result in ADR... or may not.

tony000 said:
1. No one can tell you that. Only you can decide. I did without a lawyer, won. Some people loose having one. Anyway, it is totally you responsibility - to collect evidence and get prepared for a hearing. They will talk to you, not to your lawyer. Think of how confortable you are with paperwork.
2. No idea.
3. Took 23 months for me.
4. http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Documents/IadSai428_e.pdf
5. I've got a response in about 2 weeks.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
immig_seeker said:
Yes ... sorry I was mistaken. My lawyer did everything for me but when I look back she had prepared a document touching on all the main points of the reason for refusal. In the letter, we discussed how we have been in contact every day since we met. We attached a lot more proof of our relationship ... money I sent to my wife, trips I made and over 1000 additional pages of chat. We also pointed out, calmly, that we felt my wife was not treated fairly at the interview. Trust me, the man who interviewed my wife was completely rude. My wife was basically crying at the end of the interview :mad:

When I look back at the letter she drafted I can see it was very organized. She prepared it and we sent it out after we received the blue book. You need the blue book because you only want to submit evidence that is not in the original application.

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
wintersnow said:
Yes ... sorry I was mistaken. My lawyer did everything for me but when I look back she had prepared a document touching on all the main points of the reason for refusal. In the letter, we discussed how we have been in contact every day since we met. We attached a lot more proof of our relationship ... money I sent to my wife, trips I made and over 1000 additional pages of chat. We also pointed out, calmly, that we felt my wife was not treated fairly at the interview. Trust me, the man who interviewed my wife was completely rude. My wife was basically crying at the end of the interview :mad:

When I look back at the letter she drafted I can see it was very organized. She prepared it and we sent it out after we received the blue book. You need the blue book because you only want to submit evidence that is not in the original application.
Hi Wintersnow I have a question to ask you,

1) You said your lawyer send a letter out after you receive the blue book, so did you lawyer also send in all the additional proofs like the 1000 pages of chats, wire transfer etc along with the letter together? IS this done before you know you will have a ADR?

2) And because your lawyer send in a letter of explanation and all the additional materials together after you receive the blue book, you get an ADR instead of a full hearing correct?

I am trying to figure out when to send in the additional materials, I want to increase my chance to get an adr, so I wonder just a letter to the IAD will be sufficient. Thx.