09-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
24-02-2016
apuniano said:
I had an interview in June 2015 in Ho Chi Minh. The VO told us that we had to wait 4 weeks. After 4 weeks my Immigration consultant got an email saying that my application was refused because it is not genuine. After I printed the refusal letter and I looked for a immigration lawyer and he sent the appeal letter for us.

Good luck John.
Hi, apuniano

Have you got your appeal scheduled now? Which area are you in Canada?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi,

I am from Srilanka. My wife is my sponsor and my application is Dec 2012 and got rejected on 2014 Feb for two reason

1)I made a mistake on my personal history page which they request clearance for tat years.

2)Misrepresentation - I had a warning or caution when i was in uk for that i didnt mention on my application so they gave 2 years banned

After rejected i appealed and my case scheduled on Jan 2016 but my wife withdrawn the appeal because my two years bann is almost finishing so we both decide to withdrawn the application and reapply after the ban period (feb 2016). This was suggested by a Canadian lawyer that it is better to reapply again rather than doing appeal.

So let me come to the present. So i thought to get my original document(Marriage certificate and other submitted documents) from colombo( Canada high commission) so i emailed them on Jan. I got an reply next day to do Re-medical,submit police clearance and updated schedule A form before the end of feb. I was confused and again emailed them saying that im confused is my application is still active and is it reconsideration. They called me next day and said to submit the requested document to process again(which means they said they were reconsidering it).

I am happy Smiley that they were reconsidering it so i did medical and submitted police clearance with filled schedule A form and submitted at Feb end.

Few days before submitting all documents i checked online and saw they updated that they have received medical.

My question is how long it will take them to respond me and is they will request me to submit my passport for visa? please give some tip what they will ask next or what will be the next step they do? please help me on this...

npunite

Jun 10, 2015
My husband's got ADR interview today in Vancouver.. Never been this worried before. Our case was rejected because we didn't have our cultural marriage but now we've had our cultural marriage in Dec 2015. And the second red flag was marriage of convenience because of our marriage rituals not being done properly but now its all been done.. Anyone who's got similar case? Really really worried.

Feb 28, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
File Transfer...
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
24-02-2016
vijay1987 said:
Hi,

I am from Srilanka. My wife is my sponsor and my application is Dec 2012 and got rejected on 2014 Feb for two reason

1)I made a mistake on my personal history page which they request clearance for tat years.

2)Misrepresentation - I had a warning or caution when i was in uk for that i didnt mention on my application so they gave 2 years banned

After rejected i appealed and my case scheduled on Jan 2016 but my wife withdrawn the appeal because my two years bann is almost finishing so we both decide to withdrawn the application and reapply after the ban period (feb 2016). This was suggested by a Canadian lawyer that it is better to reapply again rather than doing appeal.

So let me come to the present. So i thought to get my original document(Marriage certificate and other submitted documents) from colombo( Canada high commission) so i emailed them on Jan. I got an reply next day to do Re-medical,submit police clearance and updated schedule A form before the end of feb. I was confused and again emailed them saying that im confused is my application is still active and is it reconsideration. They called me next day and said to submit the requested document to process again(which means they said they were reconsidering it).

I am happy Smiley that they were reconsidering it so i did medical and submitted police clearance with filled schedule A form and submitted at Feb end.

Few days before submitting all documents i checked online and saw they updated that they have received medical.

My question is how long it will take them to respond me and is they will request me to submit my passport for visa? please give some tip what they will ask next or what will be the next step they do? please help me on this...
Hi, vijay1987

Do you mean they re-open your application with the same file you applied before? It does sound good so saved your waiting time for send application package again and waiting for approve sponsorship. I wish I can do the same.

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
John and Huong said:
Hi, apuniano

Have you got your appeal scheduled now? Which area are you in Canada?
Hi John and Huong,

I appealed from Calgary and I did not get any schedule yet. I got the blue book last week of December 2015 and I did not get anything else since then. My lawyer is reading my evidences and he will reply to IAD. I hope my lawyer review my documents and prepare the answer to IAD. I am not sure that I can request ADR while my lawyer did not respond to IAD.

where did you appeal John and Huong?

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everyone...
Can anyone tell me when they request for passport does ecas change right away..?
Did anyone got passport request feom new delhi office after winning appeal..
For my case its already above 6 months.
My son has to go back to canada as he is gonna be 4, he has to join his school.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
John and Huong said:
Hi, vijay1987

Do you mean they re-open your application with the same file you applied before? It does sound good so saved your waiting time for send application package again and waiting for approve sponsorship. I wish I can do the same.
Yes thats what they said they were reconsidering again without reapplying.. Is any of you have happened this things?? i am curious about it and confused is they will reject again or give visa? any idea guys plz help me

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
npunite said:
My husband's got ADR interview today in Vancouver.. Never been this worried before. Our case was rejected because we didn't have our cultural marriage but now we've had our cultural marriage in Dec 2015. And the second red flag was marriage of convenience because of our marriage rituals not being done properly but now its all been done.. Anyone who's got similar case? Really really worried.
How did things go ?

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Immigration sent my husband refusal letter on 25th feb and he recieved it on 2nd march in the refusal letter it says they have sent me appeal information but i havent recieved anything yet its already been like 13 days does this mean i only have like 17 days left to appeal ? Even though i havent recieved anything? The other thing i wanted to know was when they send me information about the appeal will they give me a copy of the refusal letter or do i have to tell my husband to dhl it to me from back home ?
And also do any of u now if i can just send in the appeal application without a lawyer first and then when i do get a lawyer send his information in?

Please let me know
Thanks

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
maria a said:
Immigration sent my husband refusal letter on 25th feb and he recieved it on 2nd march in the refusal letter it says they have sent me appeal information but i havent recieved anything yet its already been like 13 days does this mean i only have like 17 days left to appeal ? Even though i havent recieved anything? The other thing i wanted to know was when they send me information about the appeal will they give me a copy of the refusal letter or do i have to tell my husband to dhl it to me from back home ?
And also do any of u now if i can just send in the appeal application without a lawyer first and then when i do get a lawyer send his information in?

Please let me know
Thanks
You can have him scan his copy and email it to you and you can print it. I am not sure if you have 17 days left, I did everything through my lawyer as I had one from the beginning. You can appeal without a lawyer/consultant, just send the stuff in and when you receive your 'blue book' then you can contact a lawyer/consultant to assist you. I think you might be able to get the appeal forms through the IRB website.

Vlil

Jan 7, 2016
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. I have a question to those who recently went through full hearing. There is a form, attached to a Notice to appear. It is perfectly understandable, except - what, on earth, is a "third party phone number", and who this "third party" in the appeal is, after all?

oneness

Aug 16, 2012
Vlil said:
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. I have a question to those who recently went through full hearing. There is a form, attached to a Notice to appear. It is perfectly understandable, except - what, on earth, is a "third party phone number", and who this "third party" in the appeal is, after all?

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=1038729&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=1&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&crtr.yrndVl=9000&crtr.dyndVl=31

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Karan751 said:
Hi everyone...
Can anyone tell me when they request for passport does ecas change right away..?
Did anyone got passport request feom new delhi office after winning appeal..
For my case its already above 6 months.
My son has to go back to canada as he is gonna be 4, he has to join his school.

Hello I'm in same problem as you I am waiting for them to give visa for my husband in New Delhi but I haven't heard from them since December like that's when I sent in the medicals and all can you tell me when did you send in the request for medicals etc???

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
oneness said:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?crtr.sj1D=&crtr.mnthndVl=12&mthd=advSrch&crtr.dpt1D=6664&nid=1038729&crtr.lc1D=&crtr.tp1D=1&crtr.yrStrtVl=2002&crtr.kw=&crtr.dyStrtVl=1&crtr.aud1D=&crtr.mnthStrtVl=1&crtr.page=1&crtr.yrndVl=9000&crtr.dyndVl=31
I am starting to feel proud to be a Canadian again!!

Gone are the xenophobic Harper years ... good riddance.

Karan751

Sep 11, 2014
Canada,toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2011
Doc's Request.
April 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012 and july 2015 after appeal
Med's Request
August 2015
Med's Done....
2011 and sept 2015
Interview........
August 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Refused October 2012, filled appeal same month
LANDED..........
Waiting
loveawaits said:
Hello I'm in same problem as you I am waiting for them to give visa for my husband in New Delhi but I haven't heard from them since December like that's when I sent in the medicals and all can you tell me when did you send in the request for medicals etc???
i did my medical on september 7 2015,still no update ?
anyone else has same timeline or got passport request after medical for appeal cases