Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
AnnieDonald said:
Hey Rob, could you keep us posted what's the outcome of calling IRB Vancouver please ? I haven't heard anything yet as well.

Thank you very much.
I didn't bother calling the IRB. My lawyer suggested I submit a case specific inquiry at the Visa Office. Annie, the link for us is:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.230152596.905849850.1439916974

Anyone else, go to this site and select your country:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
wintersnow said:
I didn't bother calling the IRB. My lawyer suggested I submit a case specific inquiry at the Visa Office. Annie, the link for us is:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=hong%20kong&_ga=1.230152596.905849850.1439916974

Anyone else, go to this site and select your country:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c
Hey Rob, thank you very much for the reply. About 1 month ago, I sent Hongkong visa office an email, they replied that haven't received the appeal decision yet from IRB. So I think i might call IRB sometime and wait, :). Please keep us posted once you hear anything. Thanks again.

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
AnnieDonald said:
Hey Rob, thank you very much for the reply. About 1 month ago, I sent Hongkong visa office an email, they replied that haven't received the appeal decision yet from IRB. So I think i might call IRB sometime and wait, :). Please keep us posted once you hear anything. Thanks again.
If that the case then IRB may of send your files to Ottawa instead of the visa office in your country...... When we won our appeal i and waited for awhile and we did not hear anything. I email Kingston visa office in Jamaica and they told me that my application have not reach Kingston as yet so my wife had to call our case worker and ask them which visa office they sent our files to and they told my wife that it went to CPC Ottawa...

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Maddants said:
If that the case then IRB may of send your files to Ottawa instead of the visa office in your country...... When we won our appeal i and waited for awhile and we did not hear anything. I email Kingston visa office in Jamaica and they told me that my application have not reach Kingston as yet so my wife had to call our case worker and ask them which visa office they sent our files to and they told my wife that it went to CPC Ottawa...
Thank you Maddants for sharing the information, in that case i may just call IRB and talk to the case worker. Thanks again, all the best wishes for you and your family. :)

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
AnnieDonald said:
Thank you Maddants for sharing the information, in that case i may just call IRB and talk to the case worker. Thanks again, all the best wishes for you and your family. :)
you are welcome AnnieDonald.....I hope they tell you for sure

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
loveawaits said:
I'm really mad like I call stupid Cic and all they say is you wait and can't even check on updated statues online they are all fake all they do is sit and drink coffee and don't give *censored word* for others who eagerly waiting for there loved ones to come they don't even want to talk to you on the phone you have to say please or beg them?? They are working with our tax money they shouldn't be acting like this they are sooo lazy to get up and check out statues I really hate them plus the visa officers all around the dam globe :mad:
If you check your status its exactly what they see and cannot speed up your case.

Getting angry is not the solution. It took 4 years and 3 interviews with the last 2 I stood my ground.

I know its not easy but have a bit more patience and soon your process will be done In Sha Allah....

What is your timeline if you don't mind my asking??

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
loveawaits said:
I'm really mad like I call stupid Cic and all they say is you wait and can't even check on updated statues online they are all fake all they do is sit and drink coffee and don't give *censored word* for others who eagerly waiting for there loved ones to come they don't even want to talk to you on the phone you have to say please or beg them?? They are working with our tax money they shouldn't be acting like this they are sooo lazy to get up and check out statues I really hate them plus the visa officers all around the dam globe :mad:
A lot of posters on this thread can feel your pain. It is definitely not an easy process. Just have patience, hang in there and keep praying. Hopefully everything will work out soon for you.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
My wife just had her interview in Hong Kong. Here are the main points:
My dear husband Warren
The Hongkong interview visa officer is a visa officer is Hongkong Chinese female, she is from the beginning to treat me with suspicion,
Her suspicion is:
1, we in the online E-mail, 2 months of marriage, too fast.
2, your family didn't attend our wedding,
3, your family and I just met QQ, does not believe to be true.
4, our age difference of 15 years old, she thought that the age is not appropriate.
When she said these words, explanation did not give me the opportunity, he had just said a lot. My translator and I can tell that the visa officer, why do we get married so fast, there is no way in translation.
The visa officer asked me what we talk with the language, I said most in English, I can speak a little english. She asked me in English, she spoke too quickly, and I couldn't understand. She said I don't believe you can speak english. I said, every day we QQ video chat, using the international version of the QQ, if you don't understand can write information, direct translation.
I told her that your family needs to work in Canada, no time to attend our wedding, but we get married, your family know. Later, we met in QQ video.
I put your daughter's letter to the visa officer at.
The visa officer finally said: come back notice.

This was our second application. VO did not acknowledge my trips to China for visits, or letters from my family, or any of our proofs from last 2 years.

How long to wait for letter from VO?
Should i have an lawyer when i appeal?
How long is Vancouver wait time for appeal?
Can i "google" Vancouver appeals to get phone number?

We were married in July 2013, looks like a long wait yet. Immigration officers do not care that they waste precious time for us....Thanks

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
wjmund said:
My wife just had her interview in Hong Kong. Here are the main points:
My dear husband Warren
The Hongkong interview visa officer is a visa officer is Hongkong Chinese female, she is from the beginning to treat me with suspicion,
Her suspicion is:
1, we in the online E-mail, 2 months of marriage, too fast.
2, your family didn't attend our wedding,
3, your family and I just met QQ, does not believe to be true.
4, our age difference of 15 years old, she thought that the age is not appropriate.
When she said these words, explanation did not give me the opportunity, he had just said a lot. My translator and I can tell that the visa officer, why do we get married so fast, there is no way in translation.
The visa officer asked me what we talk with the language, I said most in English, I can speak a little english. She asked me in English, she spoke too quickly, and I couldn't understand. She said I don't believe you can speak english. I said, every day we QQ video chat, using the international version of the QQ, if you don't understand can write information, direct translation.
I told her that your family needs to work in Canada, no time to attend our wedding, but we get married, your family know. Later, we met in QQ video.
I put your daughter's letter to the visa officer at.
The visa officer finally said: come back notice.

This was our second application. VO did not acknowledge my trips to China for visits, or letters from my family, or any of our proofs from last 2 years.

How long to wait for letter from VO?
Should i have an lawyer when i appeal?
How long is Vancouver wait time for appeal?
Can i "google" Vancouver appeals to get phone number?

We were married in July 2013, looks like a long wait yet. Immigration officers do not care that they waste precious time for us....Thanks
Your situation is very similar to mine. My wife is from China too. We had a short courtship and my family could not attend the wedding either. We communicate over QQ and my wife is 15 years younger than me too.

You mention this is your second application? Did you apply and then re-apply after you were refused?

I am also from Vancouver ... the wait time is very short here. I submitted my appeal in January and had my ADR in August. The ADR did not work so we were able to schedule a full hearing in November ... just 2 months later. There was a mix up at our full hearing so we had to schedule another one for January. So, and ADR and 2 full hearing dates in 1 year. A lot faster than other parts of the country.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
TO: Wintersnow.
This was our second application. First was declined in Jan. 2014. Last declined March 1 , 2016.

It appears the second refusal was based solely from the first refusal, as VO did not accept our proofs of my visits to my wife, or our ongoing communication. However, it should help us with the appeal.

Good news that Vancouver is fairly fast. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel.
Should i attend a hearing, to see how the court goes? Did you use a lawyer, if so who?
Regards, wjmund

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
wjmund said:
TO: Wintersnow.
This was our second application. First was declined in Jan. 2014. Last declined March 1 , 2016.

It appears the second refusal was based solely from the first refusal, as VO did not accept our proofs of my visits to my wife, or our ongoing communication. However, it should help us with the appeal.

Good news that Vancouver is fairly fast. There is a light at the end of this long tunnel.
Should i attend a hearing, to see how the court goes? Did you use a lawyer, if so who?
Regards, wjmund
Generally speaking, applying again is not a good idea. Something significant has to change in order for them to consider new evidence. Sending in the same kind of evidence is ignored.

When you appeal all the new evidence is considered. So your trips and QQ transcripts will definitely help your case. We ended up submitting over 1500 pages of evidence.

I don't know what you mean by "attend a hearing". These are completely closed sessions and are not open to the public.

Yes ... I did use a lawyer. I will PM you her details.

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
Has anyone gone to a hearing where they've refused you based on Genuinity of marriage and also not enough income to support my husband. They think his education level and English isn't good enough to get him a job. The opposing council called me to submit my T4s and tax assessment. So I think I have a lot of evidence to show my husband and I are genuine, but now I'm nervous about my income not being enough?

Anyone have this experience? My hearing is this coming Monday

Thanks
Can/Alb

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
can/alb said:
Has anyone gone to a hearing where they've refused you based on Genuinity of marriage and also not enough income to support my husband. They think his education level and English isn't good enough to get him a job. The opposing council called me to submit my T4s and tax assessment. So I think I have a lot of evidence to show my husband and I are genuine, but now I'm nervous about my income not being enough?

Anyone have this experience? My hearing is this coming Monday

Thanks
Can/Alb
If your income was insufficient you should have been refused before the file was even sent to the visa office. I don't think they can claim you do not have enough income to support your husband at this point ... unless something has changed in your financial situation since you applied.

wjmund

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Creston, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
wintersnow said:
Generally speaking, applying again is not a good idea. Something significant has to change in order for them to consider new evidence. Sending in the same kind of evidence is ignored.

When you appeal all the new evidence is considered. So your trips and QQ transcripts will definitely help your case. We ended up submitting over 1500 pages of evidence.

I don't know what you mean by "attend a hearing". These are completely closed sessions and are not open to the public.

Yes ... I did use a lawyer. I will PM you her details.
Thanks, I have engaged this lawyer, and sent in the appeal.

Jbguerchuk

Nov 18, 2015
Hong kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 19,2015
AOR Received.
July 18,2015
File Transfer...
August 17,2015
Med's Done....
Upfront -April 16,2015
Interview........
March 1,2016 refusal letter after 2days; appeal March16 (Vancouver)
Anyone can help me? Just got interview and after 2 days refusal email from hong kong Canada Consulate.Reason relationship not genuine and for immigration purposes. But does not meN it's true so We will appeal the desicion.My question is it possible if I want to apply tourists visa in Canada immigration willapprove or am I still allowed to apply??Short history I applied tour visa last 2013. And approved for6months (june-dec 2013) but I overstayed and left voluntarily the country jan 2015, without any removal letter from CBSA & immigration. That year I overstayed I met my husband and got married in Vancouver nov 2014.what I regret is I left cause We thought the right thing to do instead applying in-land spouse sponsorship. now i want tocome back but visa denied. If i apply tour visa possible of problem,if I approve?..in day of my arrival? MY employer here in Hong Kong will bring me there under their supporting documents and employment to accompanying and help them too while visiting,but I will never overstay again and learn my lesson.
Thank you in advance for ur reply.Please help me.