App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Hey do any if u guys remember how long it took u to receive the refusal letter after the interview ? On ecas it says decision made but doesnt say anything. We usually get a email from them this time got nothing

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.
Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns during your interview, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.

Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out

High Commission of Canada Immigration Section P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana Fax (233-30) 2 211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca Email: accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada Service Immigration B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana) Fax (233-30) 2211-524 (visas) - www.accra.gc.ca Courriel : accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, I am refusing your application.

I am sending a letter to your sponsor notifying her of the appeal provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. I am using the last known e-mail address for your sponsor:
E-mail:
If this e-mail address is incorrect, please provide your sponsor's new address immediately in order for the letter to be resent to her new e-mail address.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in immigrating to Canada

This is the reason she does not believe our marriage is real, this woman was angry, and nasty to my husband would not let him answer the questions during the interview and now says she advised him during the interview, all she did was argue with him and draw her own conclusions. She still has his id and she complained because I send him money and said my husband is ripping me off. If I want to send my husband money then I can..... this is ridiculous

life is dark

Feb 8, 2016
My interview was on 31st January, last month.i gave all the answer about my husband.But he wanted to me, do I have any joint account with my husband, credit card.i said , no.....after long interview, he said I know little about my sponser (though I gave all answer and he is my my husband, I know all about him)..., then said lack of information, he is not satisfied. .....so I refuse! ..........it's 2 and half years of our marriage. ...iam just ddepressed. ......what should I do now.....

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
jomz said:
In the OPs statement, the officer said they will never grant the applicant a visa even if they appeal. I think the officer is taking it to the extreme. If the OPs appeal is allowed I would try to somehow get the reprocessing done in another visa office.
According to my lawyer, the CIC makes sure a different VO reviews the case after a successful appeal. This makes sense because the same VO might try to justify his/her original decision and be biased.

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
life is dark said:
My interview was on 31st January, last month.i gave all the answer about my husband.But he wanted to me, do I have any joint account with my husband, credit card.i said , no.....after long interview, he said I know little about my sponser (though I gave all answer and he is my my husband, I know all about him)..., then said lack of information, he is not satisfied. .....so I refuse! ..........it's 2 and half years of our marriage. ...iam just ddepressed. ......what should I do now.....
Thats the exact thing that happened with us on the same date... And he asked the exact same question about bank accounts... Where was ur interview ?

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
life is dark said:
You just have to wait until you get the decision letter to see if you get denied.. You should get a letter and your husband should get a letter in canada also. When your husband get his letter than her can appeal there decision.... Dont give up at all. fight it to the end.....ppl on this forum will help you out and steer you on the right track... What you can also do is read from the beginning out this thread to get information about the appeal process.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Riplevis said:
To ajarupan from gango is waitinging

Hi Ajarupan, gango asked me to give this message to you as she could not log in she said me to tell you to use FEDEX service to send your package to SriLanka

Thank you Riplevis. Tell Gango, very nice of her and thanks for her help. I will call up Fedex and see.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Maddants said:
Hey ajarupan, Check out to see if the have fedex or dhl there....Those are the best to ship something with that will get your package in canada within 3-5 days....I hope that help
I called DHL, and they have 5 days service, and will pick up my documents. I also going to contact Fedex and see. Thank you Maddants for your help.

fyer+1

Jan 20, 2016
Hi Olorvi,
Don't despair. I am the wife of Fyer. We have been reading this site for help, and it proved very helpful. I want you to know my husband must have had the same VO in Ghana. She had her mind made up already and made him feel so disrespected. She was rude and kept cutting him off and at one point said to my husband "are you arguing with me?" At which point he just sat there and didn't say anything. My husband received the same refusal letter BUT be warned!!!! I never ever until this day received a mail from her!!!! Thank god we used the letter he got to appeal instead of waiting as we would have missed the deadline which we believe is what she wanted. I complained to IAD about the VO and wrote a letter requesting we be allowed for ADR. We were granted ADR in Aug 2015. We won! My husband is now sitting beside me on my couch in his new home CANADA! Our ordeal is over but I want you to know there is hope. After the appeal our application was processed fully in Ottawa and he never had to go back to Ghana again.
Interview: Jan 2014
denied
Appeal in ADR Aug 2015
med and police requested Nov 2015
passport request Dec 2015
landed in Canada Feb 02/2015!!!!
So rough timeline but about a year after he was denied.
Be patient in the end it is so worth it

Good luck to everyone. We wish all families to be together soonest

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Plz give me all detail information about your case .......where are you from .......?

Where dose your husband live ........?
About your marriage ?
What is the visa office ..?
Give me all detail s ?
Thanks.

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Olorvi,
Don't despair. I am the wife of Fyer. We have been reading this site for help, and it proved very helpful. I want you to know my husband must have had the same VO in Ghana. She had her mind made up already and made him feel so disrespected. She was rude and kept cutting him off and at one point said to my husband "are you arguing with me?" At which point he just sat there and didn't say anything. My husband received the same refusal letter BUT be warned!!!! I never ever until this day received a mail from her!!!! Thank god we used the letter he got to appeal instead of waiting as we would have missed the deadline which we believe is what she wanted. I complained to IAD about the VO and wrote a letter requesting we be allowed for ADR. We were granted ADR in Aug 2015. We won! My husband is now sitting beside me on my couch in his new home CANADA! Our ordeal is over but I want you to know there is hope. After the appeal our application was processed fully in Ottawa and he never had to go back to Ghana again.
Interview: Jan 2014
denied
Appeal in ADR Aug 2015
med and police requested Nov 2015
passport request Dec 2015
landed in Canada Feb 02/2015!!!!
So rough timeline but about a year after he was denied.
Be patient in the end it is so worth it

Good luck to everyone. We wish all families to be together soonest

[/quote]

I have already sent in my appeal, I received the refusal yesterday and I sent in the appeal papers through the courier an hour later. This certainly sounds like the same woman, she was very rude, never id herself and she said lots of stupid things about me and my husband. She cut him off and answered the questions for him and called him a liar when she allowed him to speak. I had more than enough proof to support our relationship.... 3000 pages of messages phone logs pictures letters from friends and family.
I am not giving up and have also asked for an ADR meeting and how she treated my husband.... I am totally disgusted with this :mad:

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
ajarupan said:
I called DHL, and they have 5 days service, and will pick up my documents. I also going to contact Fedex and see. Thank you Maddants for your help.
you are very welcome my friend...... Just get those things they requested to Ottawa as soon as possible before the time is up.

Haider24

Feb 9, 2016
Hi Everybody,
I am new to this forum, could anyone please help me out with my issue. my file is in CPC Ottawa for the last 2 months or so. haven't heard anything from them, i have few quick questions if anybody one could help me out please, much appreciated

my Tim-line is

Feb 2010----- filled the case for spousal/daughter sponsorship
July 2012--------- medical done and landing fee submitted
Nov 28 2012 ----- refusal ( because i spent about 18 months with my wife back home, so they thought my ties were not with Canada
April 2013 ------- appeal filled
June 2013 ------- send to full hearing ( after IAD)
Nov 2015--------- Appeal won
Dec 5th 2015------ file sent to CPC Ottawa
waiting since then ....?

1. After I won the appeal my file went to CPC Ottawa on Dec 5th ( no response after That ) ?
2. how to check my e-cas ( should i check it under my name( Sponsor) or my wife's name ?
3. how would they contact me by email to me or my wife ?
4. is there any way i can check ask them what contact information they have for me and wife?
what should i do its been 5 years living without my family .

Regards,
please help

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
life is dark said:
Maddants,Thank you so much.could you tell me,. Who will have to deal with appeal process, me/my husband (sponser)?
Your husband would have to deal with the appeal from canada because he is the one sponsoring you... In the appeal process you dont have to do anything at all. Your husband will have to deal with everything. It would be good for him to get a lawyer if he dont know what to do and the lawyer would be able to guide your husband... The only thing for you and your husband to do is start collecting alot of evidence to show that your relationship is genuine and start to go over everything about each other...You and your husband have to be on the same page.