February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
Maddants said:
Hello everyone.... I have a question that i would like to get your opinion about...... Yesterday i got an email from Ottawa just requesting my medical alone. They did not ask for police record or and updated forms at all. From reading on this appeal forum thread i see that mostly everyone got the police record, medical, updated forms and copy of passport. My question is do you think it a good idea to send everything at the same time or i should just send my medical to them and wait for them to contact me again. The reason why im ask this question is that it will save me money to fedex or dhl the package so i wont have to pay the same money 2 times which i could of just paid one money to send off everything. So please let me know what you all think....................Maddants
Congratulations Maddants!! I believe they only need your Medical at this moment. Better to call Ottawa office and confirm saying you have your police clearance along that if you should send. Good Luck!

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
ajarupan said:
Congratulations Maddants!! I believe they only need your Medical at this moment. Better to call Ottawa office and confirm saying you have your police clearance along that if you should send. Good Luck!
Hi Ajarupan, have you got the request to update medical&police&forms from CIC yet ? I remember you got your appeal allow letter on 29th, Sep, earlier than Maddants. If you got, did you get by post mail to your Canada address ? we've received appeal-allow letter on the 19th, Dec, 2015, still waiting. Best wishes.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
AnnieDonald said:
Hi Ajarupan, have you got the request to update medical&police&forms from CIC yet ? I remember you got your appeal allow letter on 29th, Sep, earlier than Maddants. If you got, did you get by post mail to your Canada address ? we've received appeal-allow letter on the 19th, Dec, 2015, still waiting. Best wishes.
Hi AnnieDonald

I called the Ottawa office they told our file is transferred to Colombo visa office. I don't know if they will ask for medical or police. Mostly, I see people here in this forum have request asked from Ottawa. We haven't received anything after appeal allowed that was in October.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
ajarupan said:
Hi AnnieDonald
I called the Ottawa office they told our file is transferred to Colombo visa office. I don't know if they will ask for medical or police. Mostly, I see people here in this forum have request asked from Ottawa. We haven't received anything after appeal allowed that was in October.
I see, thank you Ajarupan. Yes, as you said most of appeal cases will be transferred to Ottawa office after being allowed. Hope yours will come soon.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Maddants said:
Hello everyone.... I have a question that i would like to get your opinion about...... Yesterday i got an email from Ottawa just requesting my medical alone. They did not ask for police record or and updated forms at all. From reading on this appeal forum thread i see that mostly everyone got the police record, medical, updated forms and copy of passport. My question is do you think it a good idea to send everything at the same time or i should just send my medical to them and wait for them to contact me again. The reason why im ask this question is that it will save me money to fedex or dhl the package so i wont have to pay the same money 2 times which i could of just paid one money to send off everything. So please let me know what you all think....................Maddants
Hi Maddants, whats your e-cases say now ? Thanks

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
ajarupan said:
Hi AnnieDonald

medical request come from visa office. my appeal allowed in sept 2015 and i got letter in late nov 2015 form visa office

Yana

Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 april 2013
Doc's Request.
November 24, 2015
AOR Received.
sponsorship rejection in july 2013
Med's Request
November 24, 2015
Med's Done....
January 05, 2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
february 19, 2016 and passport submitted on February 23, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
case refused on 18 sept 2014 won appeal on july 31, 2015
ajarupan said:
Hi AnnieDonald

i sentr email to my visa office. and rcvd response after a month that they hav assigned my file to visa officer for review. a week later i got medical request. i wud suggest to send them email and ask abtthe status of ur application.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Yana said:
i sentr email to my visa office. and rcvd response after a month that they hav assigned my file to visa officer for review. a week later i got medical request. i wud suggest to send them email and ask abtthe status of ur application.
Thanks Yana, happy weekend.

apuniano

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-April-2014
Doc's Request.
08-April-2014
Interview........
18-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
09-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 5-August-2015 - Appeal Submited - Hearing at Calgary 20 September 2016 - Appeal allowed, 13 October 2016 Ottawa required update forms --- 27 February 2017 Wife got visa in HCM Vietnam
Hi AnnieDonald

I am preparing for my appeal and I would like to ask you to send me the questions that you had to answers in your hearing.

Thanks.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
apuniano said:
Hi AnnieDonald

I am preparing for my appeal and I would like to ask you to send me the questions that you had to answers in your hearing.

Thanks.
Hi Apuniano, we prepared a lot, but they only asked very basic questions as below.

1. what do you have in common
2. have you met your husband's family and friends.
3. has your husband met your family and friends
4. have you ever been in another country
5. when did you marry
6. any family or friends were there?
7. what property your husband and you have in Canada and China
8. does your husband support you financially
9. when do you live together.
10. what will you do if your appeal is allowed/refused this time.
11. where did you learn English===similar to question#3===my husband said it is a little tricky question, wants to know did i lie anything and will my answers be different.
All the best wishes for you.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
Happy Day !!

Had out Full Hearing today and appeal is allowed !!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Reactions: Alicee
M

mikeymyke

Wow congrats to you wintersnow! I remember you are the one who communicate using translation software to your wife. Give us details as to how you were able to overcome some of your red flags.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
mikeymyke said:
Wow congrats to you wintersnow! I remember you are the one who communicate using translation software to your wife. Give us details as to how you were able to overcome some of your red flags.
Thanks mikeymyke!

I guess the only real red flag we had was the length of time before we knew each other before we decided to get married. This caused the MC to question the genuineness of our marriage. The VO was completely out to lunch ... nobody even referenced his interview in Beijing. His judgment was completely prejudiced and not based on any fact discussed at the interview.

In order to prove we were genuine, we focused on the amount of time we have been in contact since we met ... we have video chat every day since late 2013 and I have visited her for 15 weeks in the past 2 years. I was able to produce transcripts of our chats and submit them as evidence. Our file ended up being 1800 pages long ... chats, emails, photos, proof of financial support, etc.

We also focused on the fact we discussed real issues like married couples do. We pointed out that we talked about having a baby, where her son will go to school, what she will do when she comes to Canada. We discussed how I am as a father to my step-son. Many things a serious couple would discuss. And my wife had the exact same answers I gave so it really added to the credibility.

We focused on convincing the MC that my wife is not the type of person to marry only for citizenship ... that she has a moral person. We pointed out that the nature of her work would indicate a person of high moral standards. We also pointed out that she raised her son alone without any support from her son's (deadbeat) dad. At one point the MC asked if she spoke to my step-son about having a new father ... I said she did not tell me but I was certain she would have because she was considerate. When the MC asked her this question she said she did ... so it echoed my understanding of her.

Language was discussed, but I assured them that given today's technology it is not an issue. Besides my wife has already come a long way with her English. She even showed comprehension of some of the simpler questions and answered a few in English.

Overall, I think the nature of our communication and the mountain of evidence really swayed the MC. I almost think he was sympathetic to our case before he came into the hearing.

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Mohsoh said:
Hello everyone,
We won appeal on March 10 2015 and police clearance and new medical and other requested documents was sent to Ottawa on April 2015 , now it's been 10 months that our file is in Ottawa and ecase shows in process don't know what going on and why it's taking so long anyone have Idea plz share like it's killing me , like some ppl said before that it gonna take maximum 5-8 month but I'm already on 10 month so any experience plz share .
Thanks in advance
Hi Mohsoh, it's been a long wait for you and your partner. I think you should involve mp from your area to check where your file stands. Sometime they lose files.