Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
MaryL said:
Peyman.ch there is a mountain of information on this thread. What I suggest you do is search your exact topics...where did your appeal go to? Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal? Also, if you are in Ottawa your appeal goes to Montreal. Vancouver is the fastest and Toronto the slowest. I would search the office you case is going thru. Also search ADR.
What happens is you sign appeal papers, your appeal sent to appropriate office for where you live. They send you acknowledgment letter. Then the visa office your wife's file was sent to has 4 months to send your lawyer/representative and IAD office a copy of file. I also suggest sitting down and reading back at least all of 2015 and 2014 posts on here. And start gathering more evidence.
Sorry to hear they refuse. I am an original Canadian, born and raised here, law abiding and pay taxes. I want to live here and my husband wants to be where I am. I am thru Vancouver IAD, I file appeal June 15 and receive AOR from Vancouver June 29. So waiting now. I see some ppl on here receive file.in 2 months to 2.5 months. So here's hoping
Thank you and nekeol for response' I am in Ottawa and I tried to go through bunch of posts to understand how they decide for someone to go to a full hearing or a ADR hearing, I wonder after the appeal is done and after I send them the related documentation they will have a decision or they will just go through my file in advance and make a decision for a full hearing or a ADR? my lawyer didn't tell me much and she told me she can't promise anything about how strong my case is until she hears from them first and after she goes through my file and some of my original receipts like financial supports for almost each month in 4 years are taken at the time of interview by the officer and I wonder if they will send them back to us? it is so sad to see an officer can decide over a 4 years old marriage in an hour interview and ruin someone's life so easy.

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
nekeol said:
1. What do you put in generic application form imm 0008 to question where it says have you
been refused visa to enter canada previously. our application for spousal sponsor shop was
Refused previously.

YES YOU MUST GIVE YOUR OLD APPLICATION DETAILS OTHERWISE IT WILLBE COSNDERED AS MISREPRESNTATION AND CHANCES OF AGAIN REJECTION.

2. My surname has been changed since I filed application. My surname is same as my h
husband surname now. Shall I put in my surname same as on old application
or my new name?
YES NEW NAME AS PER CURRENT PASSPORT, WITH EXPLANATION THAT YOUR NAME HAS BEEN CAHNGED
3. Additional family member form regarding children where it says list all your kids
Whether adopted, step children etc. I have two kids from my previous marriage they a
Born in canada they are my husbands step children do I include them as we'll.

YES INCLUDE ALL FAMILY MEMBERS STEP OR ADOPTED OR HUSBAND EX KIDS, MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATIOJN.

BETTER TO CONTACT ANY LAWYER WHO IS DEALING WITHT THE SAME WHO IS ICCRC MEMBER CAN BETTER EXPLAIN AND SUBMITT COMPLETE ALL DETAILS.
Thank you for responding nekeol. Greatly appreciated.

KatAndy

Jul 20, 2015
I am new to this, so here we go. My husbands PR was denied in March 2014. April 2014 we started the appeals process and we have had our hearing's on June1 June 12, 2015. On Friday I got the letter saying that my appeal has been dismissed we are heartbroken and wanting to know what the next steps are in trying to get my husband here with me in Canada???

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Peyman.ch. from what I see on here...the visa office your file was processed thru after it left Canada, they are required to make a copy of file for you and representative. And also a copy to the Montreal IAD...everything that was in your file is copied and shared. So IAD then will see if your case is more easily rectified in ADR, the lawyer can ask for ADR too. Montreal IAD will notify you of ADR date. Some ppl on here have been thru it. So search for those posts. Also if you are not successful in ADR you are still allowed full hearing. You should also submit new proof, they need to see relationship is ongoing. Basically you need to have an answer for the visa officers refusal reasons. Show in ADR or appeal he or she is wrong. ADR is just you but appeal is witnesses and your spouse, you and lawyer all in support of making your case. Visa officer in our case am sure made her mind up when she make dates for the interview. She give us last interview of week and set aside 30 minutes. In all she take 20 minutes. You can also read up on the governments own site...look up Montreal IAD. I am reading everything I can. Be informed.

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
KatAndy what was original reason or reasons for refusal? Are they simply rectified? You had a year to prepare for appeal, what happened in the appeal? Members on here would need more information so they can help.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
KatAndy said:
I am new to this, so here we go. My husbands PR was denied in March 2014. April 2014 we started the appeals process and we have had our hearing's on June1 June 12, 2015. On Friday I got the letter saying that my appeal has been dismissed we are heartbroken and wanting to know what the next steps are in trying to get my husband here with me in Canada???
So sorry you are dealing with this.

please provide more information such as reason why original refusal, why appeal dismissed, where the hearing was heard? Was it ADR or hearing.?

You had 2 hearing dates ? (June 1 and 12)

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
hoaphuong2013 said:
Hi everyone, if the lawyer said he thinks you have 75% chance of success at the innitial consultation, does that show he/she does not feel confident about the case ?

It means little. Most important is that YOU and your partner feel confident !! Go over all the issues in the notes. Save all your e-mails, phone logs, proof of vacation, money sent etc.

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
KatAndy said:
Hi katandy, my heart is broken for you. Keep being strong, I'm not an expert of this but maybe there is a chance to reapply...

luvk

Jan 27, 2015
hi... full hearing in Toronto - plzzz experience or advice or questions.. what type of questions they do ask in the interview.. how long takes..n etc.. plz n thank you.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
KatAndy said:
kindly if u don't mind, share the reasons why appeal is rejected?

Mohsoh

Jul 22, 2015
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing fine
I need some information if anyone could please help me
We won our appeal in March 2015 and additional doc, police clearance and new medical have been submitted to Ottawa in April , but till now no news from them , when my wife contact mp she said our file is in process in New Delhi , now I was concern how much time does New Delhi takes to finalize and issue my visa , if anyone could share their experiences plz.
Thanks in advance.

Peyman.ch

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/July/2014
MaryL said:
Peyman.ch. from what I see on here...the visa office your file was processed thru after it left Canada, they are required to make a copy of file for you and representative. And also a copy to the Montreal IAD...everything that was in your file is copied and shared. So IAD then will see if your case is more easily rectified in ADR, the lawyer can ask for ADR too. Montreal IAD will notify you of ADR date. Some ppl on here have been thru it. So search for those posts. Also if you are not successful in ADR you are still allowed full hearing. You should also submit new proof, they need to see relationship is ongoing. Basically you need to have an answer for the visa officers refusal reasons. Show in ADR or appeal he or she is wrong. ADR is just you but appeal is witnesses and your spouse, you and lawyer all in support of making your case. Visa officer in our case am sure made her mind up when she make dates for the interview. She give us last interview of week and set aside 30 minutes. In all she take 20 minutes. You can also read up on the governments own site...look up Montreal IAD. I am reading everything I can. Be informed.
Thank you MaryL. I guess I have no choice and have to wait for my colorful book to arrive but as I mentioned to my lawyer I will not go to a full hearing since it takes forever and I don't have that kind of patients anymore and I rather get back to Iran or Sweden where I am citizen and live my life as it suppose to be. Thanks again

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Mohsoh said:
Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing fine
I need some information if anyone could please help me
We won our appeal in March 2015 and additional doc, police clearance and new medical have been submitted to Ottawa in April , but till now no news from them , when my wife contact mp she said our file is in process in New Delhi , now I was concern how much time does New Delhi takes to finalize and issue my visa , if anyone could share their experiences plz.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Mohsoh did you guys had a full hearing or ADR. Why did they transfer your file to Delhi if you sent your paper work to Ottawa.

Mohsoh

Jul 22, 2015
Oa said:
Hi Mohsoh did you guys had a full hearing or ADR. Why did they transfer your file to Delhi if you sent your paper work to Ottawa.

We had ADR and I have no idea why our file has been sent to New Delhi . Iam just worried why it's taking so long like since we applied it's been 5 year