rathika2011 said:
congrats lovebird...

my time line is

dec 2010 application send to cic-m
jan 10 2011 approved
jan 17 2011 forwared to colombo
nov 15 2011 husband interview
nov 15 2011 denied visa

now have to appeal how much will the lawyer cost and the time of this waiting game....the reason they refused me because of odsp and that i cant support him when he come down to canada...iam from toronto and looking for a lawyer and how much it will cost for the whole process....please share some info that i can be prepared and also how long it will take to get the refusal letter thanks in advance for the replies
Hi,
What does ODSP mean?

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
Gango is waiting said:
OH MY GOD... :-* OH MY GOD... :-* OH MY GOD ............... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

PPR...PPR......PPR.

THANK GOD...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT THE PPR TODAYYYYYYY........
YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......... OH I CANT BELIEVE THIS AFTER 4 YEARS 4 MONTHS .. ITS DONE FOR US...... YEAH WE DID IT WE DID IT

HEY RATHIKA... GSIZE... HINA... AND MANY MORE HERE......... EVERYBODY WHO HELPED ME TO GAIN THIS THANX THNX THNX ALOT

MMMWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

EVERY OTHER WHO IS WAITING WITH THIS GAME I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.....
SIVA, VINCYGIRL GOOD NEWS FOR YOU'LL ON NEXT WEEKKKKK...... CHECK THE EMAILS 3-4 TIMES A DAY..... GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU TOO....
I LOVE YOU ALL MY FRIENDS I'M SORRY IF I COULDNT MENTION YOUR NAMES HERE I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAAAAPPPPYYYYY....

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know the feeling and it's the best feeling ever after the nightmare. So happy for you!! now just the final days of waiting for them to release the passport with the visa :))

Coni

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/30/2014
Doc's Request.
10/10/2014//11/25/2014
AOR Received.
11/19/14// PR application recieved on 10/23/14//SA was approved on 11/27/14
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
8/18/2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Decision Made 05/26/2015 PPR 05/26/2015
VISA ISSUED...
6/23/2015
LANDED..........
SOON :-)
Gango is waiting said:

PPR...PPR......PPR.

YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......... OH I CANT BELIEVE THIS AFTER 4 YEARS 4 MONTHS .. ITS DONE FOR US...... YEAH WE DID IT WE DID IT

HEY RATHIKA... GSIZE... HINA... AND MANY MORE HERE......... EVERYBODY WHO HELPED ME TO GAIN THIS THANX THNX THNX ALOT

SIVA, VINCYGIRL GOOD NEWS FOR YOU'LL ON NEXT WEEKKKKK...... CHECK THE EMAILS 3-4 TIMES A DAY..... GOOD LUCK TO BOTH OF YOU TOO....
I LOVE YOU ALL MY FRIENDS I'M SORRY IF I COULDNT MENTION YOUR NAMES HERE I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAAAAPPPPYYYYY....

Congratulations Gango! God is good.

Good luck to you! :)

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Coni said:
Hi,
What does ODSP mean?
Ontario Disability Support Program. It's not welfare, so it won't automatically exclude someone from sponsorship. However, it will make CIC question how you intend to sponsor your spouse.

milenka

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
Med's Done....
19-08-2014 second time
Interview........
07-05-2013 ADR 14-05-14 won
Gango is waiting said:
hey girl i forgot you i'm sorry for that .... dont worry next week for your husband ..... i'm sure.... i wish you good luckkkkkk.........!!!!!!!!!!!
thank you girl check everyday.... i checked in the morning there was nothing then again in the afternoon ... oh god... i saw it... i was screaming... oh my gosh ... dont worry darling how hard its to wait wait & wait.... i'm waiting to wish you for your success very soon......... GOOD LUCK....
thank you very much dear for your kind words it is really supporting almost 3 weeks decision made and still nothing ((

Stressed wife

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Gango is waiting said:

PPR...PPR......PPR.

Congrats gango , I'm really really happy for you , after all you've been tru.
I will collect my fbi certificate in morning and send off tomorrow self , vo should have it Monday or Tuesday latest , they have me and my kids passports already, so we just waiting to get visa now . Hopefully soon

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
jassi235 said:
thank you gango for getting back, im from Toronto so yea that sucks that it takes longer here .my immigration consultant said we'll most likely gonna get an adr hearing ,but im thinking hes just guessing because he and I just got a refusal letter ,we haven't received the discloser from New delhi yet .
would you say 10 months would be a more likely time line? thanks once again for the info!
Toronto wait time is 28 months for a Hearing. ADR is about 6-9 months. ::)

maple23

Sep 30, 2014
Gango is waiting said:

PPR...PPR......PPR.

I am so happy for you. You have been so generous with your time helping everyone and giving advice. You deserve it. As for me, please everyone coninue to pray for me. My MP said people die waiting for visa because so many people want to come to Canada and he will do nothing to help because MPs cant do anything. Told me to wait even if it take years. I was in tears after speaking with him, i was so shocked at his words. Lawyer says go to media but i havent decided on the next step. anyway, congratulations again Gango!!! Cant wait for my day to come!

preet13

Oct 1, 2014
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 sep.2013
AOR Received.
05 oct 2013
Med's Request
19 nov, 2014
Med's Done....
27 nov, 2014
Interview........
19. nov
Passport Req..
DM from 18 march 2015,,,,,,
VISA ISSUED...
got visa 19 march 2015,,,,
LANDED..........
sooooonnnnnn
Gango is waiting said:

PPR...PPR......PPR.

congrats wish u happy marriage life

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
jassi235 said:
thank you gango for getting back, im from Toronto so yea that sucks that it takes longer here .my immigration consultant said we'll most likely gonna get an adr hearing ,but im thinking hes just guessing because he and I just got a refusal letter ,we haven't received the discloser from New delhi yet .
would you say 10 months would be a more likely time line? thanks once again for the info!
dear i'm sorry i dont know the exact time line for an ADR in Toronto but i know its around 2 years waiting for a Full Hearing in Toronto
but what ever do your home work the lawyers dont do them for you (they cant but only you) you have to collect all the evidences
and also go through this link & it will help you good luck
http://www.canlii.org/en/#search/type=decision&ccId=cisr&dateRange=l3y&all=under%20section%204

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Newbie01 said:
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!! OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I know the feeling and it's the best feeling ever after the nightmare. So happy for you!! now just the final days of waiting for them to release the passport with the visa :))
THANK YOU DEAR
oh yeahhhh its done its done oh thank god... ready & wait its your time dear are your bags packed? ... are you from vancouver? my hubby also from there

NKT0817

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-2014- 12-2014
File Transfer...
07-31-2014
Hi what is the approximate timeline from when the apeal is filed to passport request? I've not even filed appeal yet I'm just courious. Thanks so much.

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Stressed wife said:
Congrats gango , I'm really really happy for you , after all you've been tru.
I will collect my fbi certificate in morning and send off tomorrow self , vo should have it Monday or Tuesday latest , they have me and my kids passports already, so we just waiting to get visa now . Hopefully soon
hi stressed, i was waiting for more than 4 years for now so, just now only i got through so, dont worry the innocent people will win 1 day... within this month you'll get through dont worry dear happy afce for you soon... :) :) :) :-* :-* :-* :-*

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
maple23 said:
I am so happy for you. You have been so generous with your time helping everyone and giving advice. You deserve it. As for me, please everyone coninue to pray for me. My MP said people die waiting for visa because so many people want to come to Canada and he will do nothing to help because MPs cant do anything. Told me to wait even if it take years. I was in tears after speaking with him, i was so shocked at his words. Lawyer says go to media but i havent decided on the next step. anyway, congratulations again Gango!!! Cant wait for my day to come!
thank you sweet maple soo sweet of you i'm helping everyone though i have a big pain these days bcoz of my surgery done recently what ever i know how hard it is to wait without our loved ones bcoz of this visa thats why i try to help others
actually the MPs cant do anything except checking the status of the application but my application was put a side with a crazy decision of the officers in Mississauga then it was started after 11\2 years but again there was no sound rom them then my hubby contacted the MP and then they have send the application to our visa office but i dont know whether they started the process bcoz the MP called or not... what ever they have the right to question the cic about the situation about the application
you have won your appeal in June 2014 and may i know whether its processed in Ottawa or VO in your country?
dear i also wanted to go to the media but if we go they will say that they have reasons to refuse us but they should know to reduce the time period they waste for nothing its disgusting but plzzz keep faith i wish you'll get through very soon GOOD LUCK...!!!