File Transfer...
22-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
15-10-2014
LANDED..........
FULL HEARING WON FEB 15/2017!!
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer in Toronto that deals with cases from Jamaica?

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Hina 123 said:
Thank u realy realy so much my frnd gango girl..u r the best girl who always encourage me.. hope to see u soon there .n yes doublerainbow also lives in vancouver . Hows ur feeling now ????.
Plz take good care .. lots o hugs for u.
thank you darling... i'm so happy for you... & after the surgery i'm doing ok & its paining & hard to work still.... & when do you suppose to fly? :D :D

Taycaoco

Star Member
Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 2011
File Transfer...
February 2011
Med's Done....
November 2010 Expired
Interview........
August 2013
habeeb said:
@ Mrs Selim -
that is so encouraging to hear. May I ask you how do you think you won your case? What kind of evidence or answers do you think helped you the most? Was their main reason for refusal the issue of your spouse not being genuine? I am so afraid for my case, I don't know how we can prove we are genuine in any way other than we did for the interview and that failed. We are in constant communication and have proof of it but it was not enough. VO didn't like our small wedding and age/religious/cultural differences and that was it....DENIED...just like that. I have hired a lawyer for help but haven't really started any prep for the case yet, still waiting for the blue book and just getting started really. It is absolutely SHOCKING to me that here in Toronto we can expect to wait 3 years for the whole process. How can they be so cruel??? Anyway, I'm really interested to know about your appeal if you don't mind sharing. I need some hope right now.

@ Gango
Wonderful news, so glad the surgery is over and went well. Hope you have a quick recovery and a PPR very soon!
Et maintenant, après ce qui s'Est passé en France, au Canada, en Australie, etc. Ce sera encore plus dur, car ils vont faire traîner les choses en longueur, ou carrément un refus sous des prétextes bidons.

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
Gango is waiting said:
thank you darling... i'm so happy for you... & after the surgery i'm doing ok & its paining & hard to work still.... & when do you suppose to fly? :D :D

HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET REFUSAL LETTER FROM NEW DELHI??? AND IF WE WIN ADR HOW LONG IS THE WHOLE PROCESS PLS ADVISE ?

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
taj p said:
HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET REFUSAL LETTER FROM NEW DELHI??? AND IF WE WIN ADR HOW LONG IS THE WHOLE PROCESS PLS ADVISE ?
I wouldn't wait for the refusal letter...you have 30 days to file the appeal and you can do it without the refusal letter.
each case is different but can be from anywhere from 2-3 years....some have gone longer.
just have to be patient and keep yourself busy.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ taj p
@ lonelymrs

I have hired Cecil Rotenberg in Toronto. He is considered the "Grandfather of Immigration Law" and has been given the Queen's Council honour for service above and beyond to his clients. He writes several immigration law journals, has established many law societies, and is looked up to and consulted by all other immigration lawyers across Canada. This is according to the research I have done. I have only met with him once as of yet, just for consultation and he said he thinks he can win my case and that he has had tougher cases and won. He is a very straightforward man and I hope and pray he succeeds but can't tell you much from personal experience yet. He deals with cases from every country. lonelymrs, I don't know if you will find any lawyer that deals specifically with cases from Jamaica. The cost for my case he quoted is $6000 for everything.

Reactions: Alicee

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
habeeb said:
@ taj p
@ lonelymrs

I have hired Cecil Rotenberg in Toronto. He is considered the "Grandfather of Immigration Law" and has been given the Queen's Council honour for service above and beyond to his clients. He writes several immigration law journals, has established many law societies, and is looked up to and consulted by all other immigration lawyers across Canada. This is according to the research I have done. I have only met with him once as of yet, just for consultation and he said he thinks he can win my case and that he has had tougher cases and won. He is a very straightforward man and I hope and pray he succeeds but can't tell you much from personal experience yet. He deals with cases from every country. lonelymrs, I don't know if you will find any lawyer that deals specifically with cases from Jamaica. The cost for my case he quoted is $6000 for everything.

Is he in Toronto? Pls give me his number thanks

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
habeeb said:
@ taj p
@ lonelymrs

OkI found the number can you tell me did u pay him anything yet how does he charge u splits or all together? Does he gurantees to win the case ? Pls provide more info?

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ taj p
He asked me for $1000 retainer to start, and said he will charge me bit by bit as we go. He didn't say how much each time I was just glad not to have to pay the whole thing up front. No, he does not guarantee he will win, I don't think any lawyer can say that and if they do I would not trust them!!! But seriously, my case has most of the usual red flags and he said he felt he could win it.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wintersnow said:
Yes this worries me too. We had hundreds of pages and hundreds of photos to support our relationship. I went to visit 3 times in one year and have sent my wife money every month to help her. My wife wrote a summary of the questions and answers at the interview and I can see nothing to prove our relationship is not genuine.

The VO had already made up his mind on our case even before the interview ... there was nothing we could have done to persuade him otherwise.
@wintersnow
I agree 1000%!!! There was no doubt the VO had already decided before the interview. I remember one member on here saying they find the weakest link in your case and press you on it over and over and won't let go. No matter what you answer, they don't believe because their mind is made up.

Fortunately my lawyer tells me the judges in appellate court (at least in Toronto) are much more with the times. They don't place nearly as much importance on age differences or non-traditional wedding ceremonies as the VOs. Doesn't necessarily guarantee a win but at least you don't start out with all these strikes against you.

Reactions: Alicee

taj p

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31oct2013
AOR Received.
15nov2013
File Transfer...
20nov2013
Med's Done....
07oct2013
Passport Req..
17jan2014
habeeb said:
@ taj p
He asked me for $1000 retainer to start, and said he will charge me bit by bit as we go. He didn't say how much each time I was just glad not to have to pay the whole thing up front. No, he does not guarantee he will win, I don't think any lawyer can say that and if they do I would not trust them!!! But seriously, my case has most of the usual red flags and he said he felt he could win it.
Okay will he talk for us in court? I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid , but really curious to knw this well . And was it a free consultation first times? And is he there in Toronto office ? Is it near Fairview mall?

Newbie01

Star Member
May 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2011
Med's Request
06-2012
Interview........
08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Denied 08-2014...appealed September 2012, won full hearing June 2014. Request for documents Aug.2014.
Hi,
Does anyone know how how long do you have to wait for the PPR request after it shows medical received online? I have no idea how long of a wait. Someone please kindly respond.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taj p said:
Okay will he talk for us in court? I'm sorry if I'm sounding stupid , but really curious to knw this well . And was it a free consultation first times? And is he there in Toronto office ? Is it near Fairview mall?
@ Taj p
U don't sound stupid!!! He advertises a $500 consultation fee but I went and he heard my case, said he would take it and then asked me for the $1000 retainer fee to start. I don't know if he included the consultation fee or not. They don't take credit cards so he was willing to wait a week for me to get the money together

RUPI

Aug 10, 2013
Taj p....don't go after brand name some of these lawyers charge you like crazy. They should not charge you $500 for consultation. That is very high amount for nothing, just to see that this person take your case or not it's ridiculous. There are lawyers who don't charge you anything and they can tell you whether they can take your case or not. If you go and study some of the appeal decisions some of these best lawyers can't even win the straight forward case. Anyway this is my experience. You can check around and see for your self. You have enough time don't worry and take your time to find a good lawyer. Inbox me if you need any help