Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Question (again!) about the ADR.

For the documents I am sending in, do I need to send in (for example) copies of my past trips that I had already sent in with my sponsorship package? They did not have any copies of those attached in my blue book. I just want to make sure, since I can provide all the boarding passes, pictures, etc from my last trips since the sponsorship was sent in. I am leaving in a few weeks to visit my husband so I want to have everything prepared in case they call while I am overseas.
I had a similar situation but I only send my recent trip details. But I kept older copies with me incase they would ask for it during ADR but they did not. Keep your passport with you they will look at all exit entry stamps. ( I guess that's why they don't care about seeing tickets etc)

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
Lenchik said:
Hi Hina,

You saying that embassy does background check again. Does it mean they had done it before too? I thought it is done only at the end?
They do screening and criminality. Criminality is last step after everything is finalize. If you look at blue book, the details mentions what procedure is completed and what have not started.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
hhassa said:
I had a similar situation but I only send my recent trip details. But I kept older copies with me incase they would ask for it during ADR but they did not. Keep your passport with you they will look at all exit entry stamps. ( I guess that's why they don't care about seeing tickets etc)
Unfortunately with Cuba they don't stamp passports. So I hope the intinerys/boarding passes are good enough! I have some friends and family who know my husband writing letters. Do you think typed letters that are signed by them are good enough

Hina 123

Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug 2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
Lenchik said:
Hi Hina,

You saying that embassy does background check again. Does it mean they had done it before too? I thought it is done only at the end?
Hi Lenchik ... yes embassy do check many times for ur security back ground.. when u file send to embassy for first time then they start security back ground n if the found somthing fishy .they rejected .and then u clear all their concerns after tht they again start their procedure. in which security back ground is also part of procedure.. but they dont take much time as they do in the first time when u submit ur file to embassy

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
Hello everyone I just received the refusal letter after two & half months. It says based on information I am satisfied that marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in canada. My question is that is this the standard format of the refusal letter for everyone or these are their reason for the refusal?

aroundwrd99

Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 2013
jaycee4sweet said:
Hello everyone I just received the refusal letter after two & half months. It says based on information I am satisfied that marriage is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in canada. My question is that is this the standard format of the refusal letter for everyone or these are their reason for the refusal?
Welcome to the hood. Well its not standard refusal letter, but there are certain refusal point that they chose from. some ppl are refused for diff reasons. Ours was same-marriage was not genuine.
BTW did u receive the appeal form?

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
hhassa said:
I am not sue if you are talking about full hearing or ADR. Any how, I was talking about ADR. Timeline is subjective to change so if it was something 2 years back you cant put that info now here does not apply. V
i'm talking about both normally the vancouver timeline is much faster according to Toronto & may be some has taken more than Toronto

jaycee4sweet

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
18-06-2013
File Transfer...
22-06-2013
Med's Done....
March10th,2013
Interview........
June4th,2014
Passport Req..
02-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
W8ng
LANDED..........
Had Hearing 08/16/2016 waiting for the decision/ appeal allowed Nov 1st 2016
aroundwrd99 said:
Welcome to the hood. Well its not standard refusal letter, but there are certain refusal point that they chose from. some ppl are refused for diff reasons. Ours was same-marriage was not genuine.
BTW did u receive the appeal form?
Thanx for the reply. Yes I hv received the appeal form.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Quick question/opinion:

One of the reasons my husband and I were refused is that we don't share a common language (which is false because he is a Spanish speaker, and I have as well! My family on my father's side is from Chile so I grew up in a Spanish home... Can speak Spanish but it is not my "first" language). Do you think in the ADR they will want proof that I can speak Spanish? Does anything think they will either have a Spanish speaking rep, or expect me to bring one? What do you all think and suggest? I haven't gotten my hearing yet... But I am doing everything on my own so I want to make sure I cover all my bases.... :-[

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Just to give everyone an update on our situation. I attended our immigration appeal hearing (not an ADR but a full day hearing) with my lawyer and my husband by telephone. It was a really interesting process and I know that many of you will want to hear about the kind of questions that were asked. Our hearing was in Vancouver, BC with a female immigration lawyer representing the Appeals Board and a female judge. Our lawyer was male. I say this because I believe it made a difference to have women representing Immigration. I found that those women judged me very harshly and applied lots of feminist thinking to their questions and interpretation of my answers.

I also found that they used my Christian faith against me. It was clear that they did not understand my faith but they believed they did. They asked me why we didn't get married in a church and "say our vows before God". I replied that God is with us whether we marry in a church or at a registry. It was clear that they were trying to show that we were not acting in a manner consistent with what they believed our faith to be.

Also they asked a lot of questions about finances. ALOT and they tried to intimate that it was wrong for me, a woman, to be supporting her husband. They tried to make me look foolish for marrying a man without a job.

They asked about my husband's family and their immigration status in the countries they were living in and those countries that they had visited. It seemed that they were looking for a pattern of deception in immigration among his family (Nigerians). They wanted to know what status his family in the UK had and how his sister was able to visit the UK recently.

They wanted to know the date of the first time we had sexual intercourse. They implied that my husband should have used a condom, that he should have gotten a vasectomy if we didn't want to have children (instead of me getting a tubal ligation).

Interestingly, they asked few questions about how well we know each other. Instead they criticized us for not knowing EVERYTHING about each other at every turn.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that these immigration people will be nice. They will use anything and everything against you to try to show that you are wrong about your marriage or spouse, that you are stupid to have married someone from another country, that you are inconsistent in your beliefs. They will judge you on what they feel are "Canadian standards" whether or not those standards are your s or anyone else's in Canada. You will be judged as if you are expected to have the ULTIMATE MARRIAGE - perfect, no secrets, no privacy, no fights, no family issues, no differences etc.

So for those of you who are heading into a full hearing, my advice is for you to be prepared for anything. I am available to talk to anyone about the specific questions that they asked us if you want some additional information.

The outcome of our hearing was no decision. There will be written submissions (3 weeks allotted). Then 2 weeks for the judge to review these and submit her decision. Then 1 week for my lawyer to respond. So 6 weeks minimum waiting. If you check the immigration appeal website you will see that the average waiting time for an appeal decision is 10 MONTHS. So also be prepared for a long wait.

Good Luck to you all.

Peach Nibbler.

Reactions: Alicee

kceCanuck

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siva said:
Quick question, how long did it take for the IAD to tell you it was going to be an ADR and how long after that did they give you an ADR date. Please share your timeline with us. Thanks in advance
6months after the appeal the bluebook arrived. 2months after that they called for ADR. We made a request for ADR within our appeal cuz this group says ADR would happen quickest.

jayda

Aug 14, 2014
Hi P.

please can you give me more info (questions ) that you had during your hearing...Im in the same situation as you

Im new in this forum , I need some advise and information about my hearing may be ...im waiting for almost 2 years now

thank you for your help

Peachnibbler said:
Just to give everyone an update on our situation. I attended our immigration appeal hearing (not an ADR but a full day hearing) with my lawyer and my husband by telephone. It was a really interesting process and I know that many of you will want to hear about the kind of questions that were asked. Our hearing was in Vancouver, BC with a female immigration lawyer representing the Appeals Board and a female judge. Our lawyer was male. I say this because I believe it made a difference to have women representing Immigration. I found that those women judged me very harshly and applied lots of feminist thinking to their questions and interpretation of my answers.

I also found that they used my Christian faith against me. It was clear that they did not understand my faith but they believed they did. They asked me why we didn't get married in a church and "say our vows before God". I replied that God is with us whether we marry in a church or at a registry. It was clear that they were trying to show that we were not acting in a manner consistent with what they believed our faith to be.

Also they asked a lot of questions about finances. ALOT and they tried to intimate that it was wrong for me, a woman, to be supporting her husband. They tried to make me look foolish for marrying a man without a job.

They asked about my husband's family and their immigration status in the countries they were living in and those countries that they had visited. It seemed that they were looking for a pattern of deception in immigration among his family (Nigerians). They wanted to know what status his family in the UK had and how his sister was able to visit the UK recently.

They wanted to know the date of the first time we had sexual intercourse. They implied that my husband should have used a condom, that he should have gotten a vasectomy if we didn't want to have children (instead of me getting a tubal ligation).

Interestingly, they asked few questions about how well we know each other. Instead they criticized us for not knowing EVERYTHING about each other at every turn.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that these immigration people will be nice. They will use anything and everything against you to try to show that you are wrong about your marriage or spouse, that you are stupid to have married someone from another country, that you are inconsistent in your beliefs. They will judge you on what they feel are "Canadian standards" whether or not those standards are your s or anyone else's in Canada. You will be judged as if you are expected to have the ULTIMATE MARRIAGE - perfect, no secrets, no privacy, no fights, no family issues, no differences etc.

So for those of you who are heading into a full hearing, my advice is for you to be prepared for anything. I am available to talk to anyone about the specific questions that they asked us if you want some additional information.

The outcome of our hearing was no decision. There will be written submissions (3 weeks allotted). Then 2 weeks for the judge to review these and submit her decision. Then 1 week for my lawyer to respond. So 6 weeks minimum waiting. If you check the immigration appeal website you will see that the average waiting time for an appeal decision is 10 MONTHS. So also be prepared for a long wait.

Good Luck to you all.

Peach Nibbler.

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Hina 123 said:
Hi Lenchik ... yes embassy do check many times for ur security back ground.. when u file send to embassy for first time then they start security back ground n if the found somthing fishy .they rejected .and then u clear all their concerns after tht they again start their procedure. in which security back ground is also part of procedure.. but they dont take much time as they do in the first time when u submit ur file to embassy
Thanks Hina!

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
hhassa said:
They do screening and criminality. Criminality is last step after everything is finalize. If you look at blue book, the details mentions what procedure is completed and what have not started.
Thank you hhassa

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Hi Guys

Received booklet on July 28, 2014 and ADR date is set for November 17, 2014, Toronto office. Don't know what to expect. Only had one refusal which was section A39 financial refusal. As I am currently working now don't know what they will question me about. Any one have previous experience that can guide me? Any suggestions will help. Thanks in advance.