New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsTrejo said:
Hi everyone!

Good news. I just received in the mail a letter confirming I was granted an ADR hearing!

Does anyone know how long after you receive this letter that you normally hear from someone to schedule the date?

As well as is it possible to win alone? What should I be preparing for? And what things would you recommend sending in...

I am feeling a bit relieved and hoping everything works out. All advice is welcome and appreciated!!!

Hi... Congrats....can u pls share ur timeline with us ?

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Vijender_Rana said:
Hi... Congrats....can u pls share ur timeline with us ?
Thank you, and of course!

Married: December 28/11
Filed sponsorship: March 2013
Interview/Decision Made: November 21/13
Received Denial notification: December 20th/13
Reason for Denial: Non genuine
Visa Office: Havana, Cuba
Appeal Filed: January 2014
City: Vancouver, BC.
Blue Book Rec'd: May 23rd 2014.
Received ADR acceptance letter: August 8 2014.

Now just wondering how long until hearing when my ADR is scheduled..

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsTrejo said:

Thank you... All the best for the ADR...

kceCanuck

Nov 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrsTrejo said:
Thanks for letting me know kceCanuck. I also received mine in May. May 23rd to be exact. So I am hoping/praying that that means I should get a letter soon, and hoping for an ADR.

Once you receive the call for your ADR scheduling can you update? Just to see how long it takes after the letter.
Got the call... First fast thing in this whole process. So bluebook end of may... Got the ADR letter August 1 and they called our consultant aug 8 at which time the consultant booked our ADR for the middle of September (she didn't send the date and time or where cuz she's waiting on the confirmation fax... Likely Monday)

Flying home sept 2.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Siva said:
I just received my record last week and I was only refused for one reason which section A.39 financial refusal. Do you know if it will go to ADR or full hearing? And how long would it be before I here from them? They refused because my father's tax assessment was zero but this year we showed taxes for my parents and me. And I held a few temp jobs over past few months and I have been unemployed for about 4 months now. Would this affect my husband's visa? When did you send your paper work after the booklet? Do you think I should send mind now? Any advice will help. Thanks in advance
dear siva i also was refused under 39 my husband is in Vancouver & they gave us a written submission because he was in my country when they ask about our financial situation so, i sent details of my assets & income but my husband was in my country 4 more than 8 months by that time & was no income for him in that time. in vancouver he appealed in mid of January & they gave us to send the written submission before mid of July. it was not so bad according to Toronto... & where are you from? dont worry you will here from them very soon make enough proof of you & your spouses income & asset. you & your spouse need to work hard & show monthly income enough for both of you... check the MNI table & also if your parents have enough assets & income tell them to show that they are willing to give you both to survive in canada if your parents really are willing to do that & also you should follow these too
the main Applicant should know the one or the other official language in Canada
should have transferable skills with him\her
its better if you can get a job offer letter for the applicant (foreign national )
past job experiences
money savings etc....

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
Siva said:
Hi SenoritaBella,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I registered with goodwill employment and went to their workshops. I've applied through kijji but never posted my resume or qualifications on the website maybe I should do that. I am looking for jobs in office clerk, accounting, inventory, courier, data entry are few jobs that I have applied for. I have paystubs for since September 2013 to April 2014. After April I have been unemployed. My husband doesn't have any savings or properties. He use to work for an NGO but it closed down.
you should do something to earn & show your ability to financially support your spouse. start something till you get a good job... please dont waste your time they are considering for annual income so, be careful when you work keep all records of them like pay checks deposits money deposits ect.... if somebody pays you cash keep records...

Reactions: Alicee

Gango is waiting

Jul 10, 2014
aroundwrd99 said:
I checked again my refusal. It said: marriage must be genuine or was not entered primarily to come to Canada.

OR; so it will be one law applicable to refuse the application and he applied marriage must be genuine because he didn't mentioned anything why he felt marriage was entered primarily to come to canada.

then he explained why he felt marriage certificate was not Genuine.

He didn't mention - Bad faith or fake relationship

Now, I have received the Pictures too. I will file for ADR and I think my case will be successful in ADR when we will show marriage pictures, Certificate and witness letters.
you will get a written submission to show your real marriage certificate & you have to explain in detail why you failed to send the correct marriage certificate when they requested from you dont worry keep your correct marriage certificate with you & make a detailed explanation letter with you to send when they ask same thing happened to me too dnt worry....good luck

Siva

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gango is waiting said:
dear siva i also was refused under 39 my husband is in Vancouver & they gave us a written submission because he was in my country when they ask about our financial situation so, i sent details of my assets & income but my husband was in my country 4 more than 8 months by that time & was no income for him in that time. in vancouver he appealed in mid of January & they gave us to send the written submission before mid of July. it was not so bad according to Toronto... & where are you from? dont worry you will here from them very soon make enough proof of you & your spouses income & asset. you & your spouse need to work hard & show monthly income enough for both of you... check the MNI table & also if your parents have enough assets & income tell them to show that they are willing to give you both to survive in canada if your parents really are willing to do that & also you should follow these too
the main Applicant should know the one or the other official language in Canada
should have transferable skills with him\her
its better if you can get a job offer letter for the applicant (foreign national )
past job experiences
money savings etc....
Hi Gango girl,

Thanks for the reply. I have included job offer letters and savings account. I am now waiting for an ADR date for Toronto office. I received my record on July 25, 2014. I haven't heard anything yet. I was actually unemployed for a few months but I just got a job on Friday and I will be starting this Monday. Does anyone know how long I have to wait before I get a letter from IAD saying if it's going to an ADR or Full hearing? I've heard from people this letter comes in a few weeks after you receive the booklet. Is this true? Any answers will be greatly appreciated.thanks in advance

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
MrsTrejo said:
Thank you hhassa. Are these things that you recommend me sending to them? For example what you said about his family, friends, names, etc, should I be writing that in a letter to send to them?

Here is the better list:
Questions they may ask you during ADR/hearing:

1- okay first things first why did you wait 2 years to apply for the sponsorship? Did you not want him to be with you as soon as possible ? be prepared with this answer
2- you should be able to name all of his friends, family etc

Document submit before ADR/hearing:
1- Your letter of employment that mentions your spouse, RRSP and benefits that shows your spouse.
2- Marriage certificate translated
4- Verification of your marriage from the church or where ever you got married
5- entry and exit stamps on your passport for all visits
6- boarding passes
7- His current work employment to show that he is working or have been
8- letter from friends and family (they know about your marriage and your relationship etc)
9- Money transfers recipes
10- pictures
11- proof of communication
12 - gifts and outing receipts

Reactions: Alicee

hhassa

Mar 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-04-2012
File Transfer...
01-10-2011
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
2-12-2013-recieved rejection letter after 1 week. Won ADR on 24 July 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 18 2014
MrsTrejo said:

Some one mentioned here ADR date time is faster in Vancouver than Toronto. I don't see that from your timeline. In fact it is 1 month more than Toronto. Why does people put wrong info here huh! Any way good luck

anyhopeforme

Aug 8, 2014
anyhopeforme said:
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to file an appeal through Vancouver even if it's not my location as long as I retain counsel from there?

Does anyone know if you are forced to go through a location in your area? I'm wondering because of the timelines that I see.
I'm located in Montreal and was recommended to a lawyer in Toronto. I spoke to her and she said that I could file in Montreal or Toronto, but would suggest Toronto as their firm already knows the people over there.

Has anyone filed in a court not in their location? I'm wondering if so, why not file in a location with the shortest wait times like Vancouver.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
anyhopeforme said:
I'm located in Montreal and was recommended to a lawyer in Toronto. I spoke to her and she said that I could file in Montreal or Toronto, but would suggest Toronto as their firm already knows the people over there.

Has anyone filed in a court not in their location? I'm wondering if so, why not file in a location with the shortest wait times like Vancouver.
If you live in Montreal going to Toronto wont be so much of a problem...
while if you have to go to Vancouver it will be more difficult..
besides, remember that you need a lawyer that you can trust and you feel comfortable with...

when the lawyer knows the people that he will be dealing with, makes the work easier,
I would go for Toronto If the lawyer says its OK...

Place of residence may be a factor....
In some cases you need to file where you live...

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhassa said:
Some one mentioned here ADR date time is faster in Vancouver than Toronto. I don't see that from your timeline. In fact it is 1 month more than Toronto. Why does people put wrong info here huh! Any way good luck
Exactly, i thought that too that Vancouver was faster than Toronto..... but from your timeline it doesn't look like so...