ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harryiswaiting said:
Welcome to the club. Believe me, I completely understand what you're going through. The treatment my husband received at the interview was deplorable. I was there, in India, but was not even allowed into the room. The guy continually cut him off, made rude remarks, and was not even listening. He already had made his mind up. It's now been 23 months since we applied, but we did win our ADR and are in the final stages, finally!

Anyhow, I'm not too sure on the wait times for Montreal unfortunately. I would suggest that you hire a good immigration lawyer at this point, or at least have some counsel, if you haven't done so already. You can file your notice of appeal using your wife's letter (we used my husbands because I was in India at the time). The form and instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai428Intro.aspx
The IAD will then send an acknowledgement letter, that will be followed within 4 months by a package which is what CIC sends of what they think is 'important' to your file (they notoriously leave out important information). You should also send in additional documents to support your case to Montreal. After several more months, you'll then receive a letter stating whether you've been selected for an ADR. ANother few weeks pass, and they'll send another letter notifying you the date of your ADR (if you've been granted one).
I would also strongly suggest that after filing your notice of appeal, applying for GCMS notes as this will give a lot of insight in the what you're up against for your appeal. Don't be alarmed when it seems like your wife was not even in the same interview as the officer... Best of luck! Be patient...
Hello! :)

I just want to ask if the sponsor is not eligible, is it likely that the sponsored person will be ask for an interview and then be refused then can appeal. Does it have another interview for appeal? My husband was not eligible and we were waiting for the Canadian Embassy Manila to give us a final result then we can appeal.

ykcor

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply. I have read much here, but this sure helps. This site needs a sticky that explains all the pertinent details in a nut shell. So the noted they automatically send do not necessarily contain all pertinent information.

Not surprising, I actually suspect that the CIC site is so convoluted and hard to understand as it weeds out some of the applications, or makes it easy to deny others.....Do I order both the CAIPS notes and the GCMS? Do I request them the same way/place. If i request the CAIPS, will they contain more information than what is automatically sent in response to my appeal?

Does any one know if an MP's intervention can speed up the process, obtain extra information, or even help move the case to ADR?

Thanks all, we need to find a way to change the path this system is on.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
mikeymyke said:
That's why it is very prudent your application is strong enough to avoid an interview.
My app was strong enough used a immi rep as well have 10 years relationship and still was denied the visa :'( I know of people at the same visa office that received visa's after marrying second or 3rd trip no face time not alot proofs to show either and received their visa's in 4 months. :'( I know of another couple that married 10 days after they met and got the visa in 4 months also. :'( I also know of 4 people that have already left their Canadian spouse shortly after arriving here and got their visas 4 to 6 months post submission of their apps no interviews all waived. :mad:

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
harryiswaiting said:
Welcome to the club. Believe me, I completely understand what you're going through. The treatment my husband received at the interview was deplorable. I was there, in India, but was not even allowed into the room. The guy continually cut him off, made rude remarks, and was not even listening. He already had made his mind up. It's now been 23 months since we applied, but we did win our ADR and are in the final stages, finally!

Anyhow, I'm not too sure on the wait times for Montreal unfortunately. I would suggest that you hire a good immigration lawyer at this point, or at least have some counsel, if you haven't done so already. You can file your notice of appeal using your wife's letter (we used my husbands because I was in India at the time). The form and instructions can be downloaded here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai428Intro.aspx
The IAD will then send an acknowledgement letter, that will be followed within 4 months by a package which is what CIC sends of what they think is 'important' to your file (they notoriously leave out important information). You should also send in additional documents to support your case to Montreal. After several more months, you'll then receive a letter stating whether you've been selected for an ADR. ANother few weeks pass, and they'll send another letter notifying you the date of your ADR (if you've been granted one).
I would also strongly suggest that after filing your notice of appeal, applying for GCMS notes as this will give a lot of insight in the what you're up against for your appeal. Don't be alarmed when it seems like your wife was not even in the same interview as the officer... Best of luck! Be patient...
This is excellent harryiswaiting ***Bravo*** :-* :D

harryiswaiting

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi/ Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2012
Doc's Request.
Ottawa 01/2014
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
23/07/2012
Med's Done....
13/03/2012
Interview........
28/01/2013
Passport Req..
13/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused 29/01/2013, Appeal won Nov, 2013
LANDED..........
HarryisSTILLwaiting.
ykcor said:
Thanks for the reply. I have read much here, but this sure helps. This site needs a sticky that explains all the pertinent details in a nut shell. So the noted they automatically send do not necessarily contain all pertinent information.

Not surprising, I actually suspect that the CIC site is so convoluted and hard to understand as it weeds out some of the applications, or makes it easy to deny others.....Do I order both the CAIPS notes and the GCMS? Do I request them the same way/place. If i request the CAIPS, will they contain more information than what is automatically sent in response to my appeal?

Does any one know if an MP's intervention can speed up the process, obtain extra information, or even help move the case to ADR?

Thanks all, we need to find a way to change the path this system is on.
It certainly is quite a convoluted process, particularly once you are appealing. There's not a lot of official information out there. This probably makes immigration lawyers very happy.

CAIPS and GCMS notes are one in the same. GCMS is just the name for their new system with all file details. Basically it's wherever any details or actions on your file were made by CIC, so it will have information as to why you were called to an interview and the officer's 'transcript' of the interview. You can request them here: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/ It normally takes about a month or so to get them.

Your MP can't do anything for you in terms of speeding up your file, or getting you an ADR. They can only enquire about the status of your file. Your file will no longer be dealt with by CIC, so you can actually just contact the IRB directly since they have phone lines, unlike embassies.

ykcor

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks again harryiswaiting, this is great. I have already surmised something like this by reading many posts here, but wanted confirmation from one who has been there/done that. You make it very clear.
Thanks again.

Does any one know any stats as to wait times in Montreal, and more importantly, as to the success/failure rate on appeals both with and without counsel. Does it appear that no matter how prepared and competent you are, the success rate sky rockets by getting counsel?

I am applying for a visitors visa to go to China and spend the summer with my wife. This hurts too much.

Aug2012

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
Interview........
May 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused at interview
LANDED..........
Very soon
childofGod said:
hi Aug2012

thx for the link , read its and a makes more sense now , I'll just patiently wait till CIC or the VO contact us . the Fact that the file is where it at it already I Good thing . keep the hope and faith . thx a lot for all your help . Good luck with your file .

quote author=Aug2012 link=topic=87619.msg2952085#msg2952085 date=1393978937]
Then you should contact cpp-ottawa.They usually email for medical,pcc & form submission within 10-20 days after they get file.Check this link--
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob305.asp
Hi,Did u check your online application status? My status was Decision made but today changed to In Process.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi frds i need help. My sponser has been rejected. Because of two reason 1. I didnt mention that i had a criminal conviction in uk so i cud not enter in to canada for the period of two years 2.i had some dates confusion in my application so they said i didnt submit my clearance etc.

i was in uk from 2009 to 2012 at that time i had a problem with a drunken girl and police came and took us and they said i cant take caution or i can go to court and also if i go to court and if it is faild then it will turn as crime fight so i thought to take caution. But now it is came bak as a huge problm.i got married on 2013 aand my wife is from canada. When i was applying ,her lawyer said that it is a caution so i dont need to put "yes" for the question ( do i hav any criminal conviction) i did as he said but now it has rejected because of that .....and also they said it is a misrepresentation ,, do not enter into canada for two years!!!!!!!. I dont know what to do now!!!!!!!! Plz help me guys ..... It i frustating now!!!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Are you sure her lawyer told you that? Unfortunately, no matter the kind of advice you got, CIC holds the applicant responsible for what is in their application. Misrepresentation is a big deal

It may have been a caution in the UK but since you only get it after admitted you are guilty of the offence, some countries may consider it a crimanal conviction. When in doubt, answer "Yes" and provide an explanation on separate piece of paper.

What kind of 'date confusion' did you have?

Anyway, what has the lawyer said?

vijay1987 said:
Hi frds i need help. My sponser has been rejected. Because of two reason 1. I didnt mention that i had a criminal conviction in uk so i cud not enter in to canada for the period of two years 2.i had some dates confusion in my application so they said i didnt submit my clearance etc.

i was in uk from 2009 to 2012 at that time i had a problem with a drunken girl and police came and took us and they said i cant take caution or i can go to court and also if i go to court and if it is faild then it will turn as crime fight so i thought to take caution. But now it is came bak as a huge problm.i got married on 2013 aand my wife is from canada. When i was applying ,her lawyer said that it is a caution so i dont need to put "yes" for the question ( do i hav any criminal conviction) i did as he said but now it has rejected because of that .....and also they said it is a misrepresentation ,, do not enter into canada for two years!!!!!!!. I dont know what to do now!!!!!!!! Plz help me guys ..... It i frustating now!!!!

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
vijay1987 said:

Hi

My case is similar i by mistake didnt mention my uk tourist visa was rejected in the application so my PR sponsor was rejected with a ban that i cannot enter canada for two years. thinking of filing an ADR but not yet decided

js002

Mar 20, 2014
I am wondering once you win your appeal and than get letter requiring updated applications medical police clearance, etc. Than when you send this info to CPP-OTTAWA and once they receive it how long before visa is issued?
The immigration officer at the ADR said 4 months from the date you win your appeal? While other people say 3-6 months once you win your appeal and some say upto 6-12months. Anybody been through this process and can you share your timeline for visa issuance?

thanks

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
I won my ADR on 1 Oct'13 .. and received letter form CPP Ottawa for pcc and medical by 9 Dec'13... we sent everything back .. but didn't heard back anything ... till now ..
js002 said:
I am wondering once you win your appeal and than get letter requiring updated applications medical police clearance, etc. Than when you send this info to CPP-OTTAWA and once they receive it how long before visa is issued?
The immigration officer at the ADR said 4 months from the date you win your appeal? While other people say 3-6 months once you win your appeal and some say upto 6-12months. Anybody been through this process and can you share your timeline for visa issuance?

thanks

Aug2012

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2012
Interview........
May 2013
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Refused at interview
LANDED..........
Very soon
hilsten said:
I won my ADR on 1 Oct'13 .. and received letter form CPP Ottawa for pcc and medical by 9 Dec'13... we sent everything back .. but didn't heard back anything ... till now ..
Hi,we won adr on 3rd feb 2014,received letter from IAD on 3rd march 2014,Online status changed to In Process on 18th march 2014.When can i expect letter for medical & pcc ? Do CPP-Ottawa send email or post letter to applicant?
Thanx.

ykcor

Feb 21, 2014
Hi everybody.

Can any one tell me just what an MP or Senator can do to help. Can they do anything to speed the process, or just get information. Can they get any extra information I will not? Is it possible that having one or two inquire into my case that the division will make sure that things are done correctly, instead of just playing God like some of them seem to do?

You can answer here, or PM me.
Thanks

lonely tears

Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/09/2011
Med's Done....
apr 2014
Interview........
4th March 2013... denied...won ADR 30th Jan 2014..
Passport Req..
02 aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24 sep 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah nxt month
Aug2012 said:
Hi,we won adr on 3rd feb 2014,received letter from IAD on 3rd march 2014,Online status changed to In Process on 18th march 2014.When can i expect letter for medical & pcc ? Do CPP-Ottawa send email or post letter to applicant?
Thanx.
I am also looking for an answer to this question how CPP-OTTAWA will contact through email or regular mail? and also how we can know that who is going to process our file CPP-Ottawa or Canadian embassy in our country?

actually there is a typing mistake in the email id of my husband I am wondering how can I make a correction because I called to CBSA montreal and they said you can write a letter to your country`s embassy usually we transfer files to countries embassies.
any suggestion guys what should I do?