Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
If you are working with an Immigration Consultant I think you should speak to them to see how they are approaching this matter. I am doing this on my own, so I wrote them a letter requesting an ADR. This is not to say that I will get one, but I am trying.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Ankit_Sonam said:
Hi everyone,

I had applied for appeal back in Aug 2012. I received the "blue book", with all details of the interview in Feb 2013. I haven't heard from the IRB since. Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation or knows how much time it takes to hear whether there will be a ADR or full hearing.

Also as i was reading everyone's post i understand a letter can be sent to the IRB in requesting an ADR. What must be sent, and how.

I do have a immigration consultant assisting me in my appeal, but just wanted to know if anyone could share their experience.

Thanks
if you havent heard from them yet, chances are you will need to go to full hearing. Where will your case be heard ? Waiting times vary a great deal. ADR is given when THEY feel there are 1 or 2 issues that can be resolved quickly. In my research- if they said 'not genuine' count on full hearing. On the positive side---most appeals are allowed (as was mine)

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
HI,

Thanks for reply.

We are appealing through Vancouver Office. My representative did send a letter requesting ADR.

The reason for refusal was "not genuine".

hannah 21

Apr 25, 2013
Hi everyone. So I am in Vancouver. I submitted more documents about two weeks ago evidence of our marriage I got some paper about 5 days ago that my case is going to ADR. I haven't still gotten the date of the ADR yet. I am hoping it will take less than two weeks I am getting some papers ready for the ADR. Does anyone know what type of questions they might ask me in ADR. My case was refused cause they said its not genuine. My husband lives in India. Any info will help. Thanks

atinder

Apr 12, 2013
HI. I am a Canadian PR since Sept.2012. I went to Canada for a month n then had to come back to India for Marriage in Jan2013. I didn't started any job or business in Canada when I was there. I am a full time Director of a company in India and have been working for salary here. I got the full family federal based PR on the bases of my company. Now as I am not yet working in Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.

in process

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
25th april 2012
Med's Done....
10th sep 2012
Passport Req..
20th may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th june 2013
LANDED..........
END OF JUNE
atinder said:
HI. I am a Canadian PR since Sept.2012. I went to Canada for a month n then had to come back to India for Marriage in Jan2013. I didn't started any job or business in Canada when I was there. I am a full time Director of a company in India and have been working for salary here. I got the full family federal based PR on the bases of my company. Now as I am not yet working in Canada, can I sponsor my spouse by just going there searching for work and meantime showing my Indian job salary and bank balance. Is there a possibility that after sponsoring my spouse in Canada, I come back to India until she gets her PR because she is 2.5 months pregnant and needs my support mentally and physically. What shall be right procedure to start with?
I shall be really thankful for help.
you should stay there in canada during the process of ur case.. and u dont need to worry bcaz in india they r taking only 5 to 6 months max to finalize the spouse case. i think u can manage this short period of time.
regards

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Ankit_Sonam said:
HI,

Thanks for reply.

We are appealing through Vancouver Office. My representative did send a letter requesting ADR.

The reason for refusal was "not genuine".
wait times for Vancouver are reasonable. Good luck !

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hey members, i need your advice cos my mp's office just called me and told me that they have contacted the visa office but they are saying that they already sent me a decision letter since January that i have a right to appeal. This is starnge cos i sent them email in Febuary to check the status of my application and i was told my file is in queues for review so my mp was even confused with the visa office saying they sent a letter to me and in the email i sent them which i have forwarded him a copy says file in queues for review. I have not recieve anything and my wife too didn't recieve anything cos she check the mail every single day. Now how can i go appeal the decision with the 30 days deadline expired a very long time? I think they did that so i won't be able to appeal their decision. So members, what are my options right now? Thanks in advance

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
HI Hannah 21

Can i ask when did u apply for the appeal, and also what types of documents did you fax to the IRB prior to getting the letter stating an ADR?

I'm currently residing in Manitoba, and my husband is on student visa in London Uk but originally from India also. My appeal will also be held in Vancouver. My lawyer did fax a letter asking for an ADR, but we did not fax additional proofs of any sort.

Could you share what you sent.

Wishing you the best of luck! and a fast appeal so you are re-unitied with your husband.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hey guys, pls make this forum as helpful as anything so other upcoming members can also participate. I know due to work schedule some members come and go from time to time. I know there are a lot of new members right now and i know gsize can agree with me how this forum use to be very helpful cos whenever someone post a question there is someone to provides answers and support. Honestly, now i can see that people have specific people they look read their post and leave the other post unaswered which i think doesn't help. For example, somebody posted a question asking if someone knows a good lawyer in Edmonton but no one offered any help and there are people on this forum from edmonton. We are all here to help each other to go through this immigration hell very successful so please we should take some few minute of our time to read other people's post and give them little support we can not always posting our own questions disregarding others post. Thank you in advance for reading my post.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
in process said:
you should stay there in canada during the process of ur case.. and u dont need to worry bcaz in india they r taking only 5 to 6 months max to finalize the spouse case. i think u can manage this short period of time.
regards
yes you are right you better be safe than sorry so stay until the process is complete otherwise like in process said you may have your visa rejected for not staying in Canada during the process.

serbia

May 24, 2013
hi to all me and my wife applied for my PR in april 2012 i got interview on oct 22 i was denied got letter telling me that i am denied on 1 nov reason was cause she is older than me and that i didnt have any evidence of comunication dispite all facebook shat we had for past 1 and half so now my wife and me are waiting for her interview in toronto for ADR which is in july 10 i was wondering how long i can be with her in canada if i win appeal is it possible to be with her in less than 6 months thank u to all i wish everybody the best

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
serbia said:
hi to all me and my wife applied for my PR in april 2012 i got interview on oct 22 i was denied got letter telling me that i am denied on 1 nov reason was cause she is older than me and that i didnt have any evidence of comunication dispite all facebook shat we had for past 1 and half so now my wife and me are waiting for her interview in toronto for ADR which is in july 10 i was wondering how long i can be with her in canada if i win appeal is it possible to be with her in less than 6 months thank u to all i wish everybody the best
It all depends on the visa office you are dealing with but the most important thing now is to focus more on winning the appeal and the rest will be more relaxing. Good luck and all the best.

Mrs BB

Dec 30, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20, 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Interview........
October 30, 2012
Ankit_Sonam said:
HI Hannah 21

Can i ask when did u apply for the appeal, and also what types of documents did you fax to the IRB prior to getting the letter stating an ADR?

I'm currently residing in Manitoba, and my husband is on student visa in London Uk but originally from India also. My appeal will also be held in Vancouver. My lawyer did fax a letter asking for an ADR, but we did not fax additional proofs of any sort.

Could you share what you sent.

Wishing you the best of luck! and a fast appeal so you are re-unitied with your husband.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
can anyone help... is it better ti appeal or just do a brand new application??.. has anyone ever re-applied.. thank you all for your help.