+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to find out if anyone here has represented themselves without a lawyer to win an appeal before pls ???

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Well they refused it based on the interview.
I know you paraphrased that it was based on genuineness of the relationship and that it seems like a form letter.

But there is actual specific detail in there that may be important. Either share what you are comfortable with or speak to a lawyer (or both).

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
I know you paraphrased that it was based on genuineness of the relationship and that it seems like a form letter.

But there is actual specific detail in there that may be important. Either share what you are comfortable with or speak to a lawyer (or both).
Well according to the letter, it says I couldn't satisfy him during my interview so due to that, he's refusing my application because it seems my marriage is not genuine. But I can boldly tell you that, he asked simple questions which it wasn't difficult so I was able to give him.the right answer, even though I was kinda nervous since that's my first time going for an interview, so I don't really know why he said I couldn't satisfy him during the interview so he thinks my marriage not genuine

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Well according to the letter, it says I couldn't satisfy him during my interview so due to that, he's refusing my application because it seems my marriage is not genuine. But I can boldly tell you that, he asked simple questions which it wasn't difficult so I was able to give him.the right answer, even though I was kinda nervous since that's my first time going for an interview, so I don't really know why he said I couldn't satisfy him during the interview so he thinks my marriage not genuine
You need the GCMS notes to know the details of the refusal. The refusal letter is a template letter, it will not give you the real reasons.

Reactions: armoured

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Well they refused it based on the interview.
They cannot refused based on interview. During the interview you must of said or did something. Not answer a question to their liking, wasn't truthful, didn't know the answer to a question they asked. Information you provided was different than what was in the application.

I read your messages and it was based on genuineness. They have to provide reasons why they feel the relationship is not genuine. I read age difference, not sufficient time spent together. I don't know if you are black and your spouse is white, plus age difference, that's a big read flag with IRCC.

You can overcome the visits by explaining the cost of airfares from Canada to Ghana is not cheap so your spouse cannot travel every 6 months. Plus she has a job and only has certain amount of vacation time each year.

My personal opinion is that you appeal it. Instead of getting an attorney you can get immigration consultant.

side note - My husband is Ghanaian.

Reactions: armoured

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
They cannot refused based on interview. During the interview you must of said or did something. Not answer a question to their liking, wasn't truthful, didn't know the answer to a question they asked. Information you provided was different than what was in the application.

I read your messages and it was based on genuineness. They have to provide reasons why they feel the relationship is not genuine. I read age difference, not sufficient time spent together. I don't know if you are black and your spouse is white, plus age difference, that's a big read flag with IRCC.

You can overcome the visits by explaining the cost of airfares from Canada to Ghana is not cheap so your spouse cannot travel every 6 months. Plus she has a job and only has certain amount of vacation time each year.

My personal opinion is that you appeal it. Instead of getting an attorney you can get immigration consultant.

side note - My husband is Ghanaian.
Thanks very much for ur opinion . I'm a Ghanaian and my spouse is a Jamaican but Canadian citizen. Pls I will be glad if u can recommend any immigration consultant for me to talk to pls . Thanks

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
After 5 months the file sitting at CPC-M has now been transferred to local Visa on April 25, 2022 and today I received medical request. I hope this nightmare is over in 3 months.

@F.ayub I hope you have had good news.

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020
After 5 months the file sitting at CPC-M has now been transferred to local Visa on April 25, 2022 and today I received medical request. I hope this nightmare is over in 3 months.

Mashallah bril23 trust me two days ago I seen on my dream you received remedical request.. and it's come true my dream. many congratulations .. I am so happy for you. Please pray for me I get as well.. please keep touch with us and share your experience..

Reactions: BRIL23

F.ayub

Dec 7, 2020

Bril23 which visa office you get medical request? And just medical request or any other form like ppc etc..?

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021

Congratulations.... pls how long did it took you to win ur appeal after refusal and did you hired a lawyer or immigration consultant to represent your appeal. ? I'm 2019 applicant and got refused on 5th may 2022 , hoping to appeal it so I want to know how to go about it... i will be glad if you can help me with some ideas. Thanks in advance

Shankoma75

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
She has other lawyers at her firm. I used her firm for my appeal
Thanks for the recommendation but pls I will be glad if u can tell me how much she charges to take on the job, pls I need to know so that I can contact them.as soon as possible. I know I can win my appeal but the fund's is the problem. Pls tell me something about her price for the job

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Thanks very much for ur opinion . I'm a Ghanaian and my spouse is a Jamaican but Canadian citizen. Pls I will be glad if u can recommend any immigration consultant for me to talk to pls . Thanks
Sorry we used an immigration attorney and the cost was close to 10k. Unfortunately I do not know any immigration consultants but ask your spouse to call around in the city/province they reside and I'm sure you guys can find one. OR you can ask right here in the forum, someone can probably refer you to one.

Good luck!! But please carefully weigh your options. Reapplying may not be the best way to go. Also if you are going to appeal their decision you need to submit the Appeal form. I believe you need to do this within 30 days of the refusal decision.