+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
The original visa officer who did the interview with my husband, never looked at 2 years of random messenger/Skype chats. About 75 pages. So I was confident that my 4 times (post refusal) visits would suffice. I didn't want to pay to copy for nothing. So I didn't include those. And I don't include any money transfers.
It seems like trips and visits are way more important than the chat logs because it showed that money and time that you two spent together. I could be wrong but I kind of suspected that there might be some points system that they used at the appeal that some evidence are weighted more than the others.

For example having a kid with your spouse will almost guarantee you a pass. But if you don't have kids together, then your trips and visits might be your best bet to win your appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaryL and Alicee

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Hi all, I have a question regarding how you print your evidence, is double sided printing allowed?

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
Hi All,

Won my appeal (full hgearing) on Dec 06, 2017 and confirmatio of allowed appeal was sent to me by Dec 11, and till date no other follow up from CIC-Ottawa or Canadian High Commission-New Delhi. We already waited for 6 years to reach this stage.
Tried calling CIC - 1-888-242-2100 and the autmated system did not find any information, and agents are too busy with other calls.
Any other contact number do we have, where status may be received on our applcaition?
Hope to hear some info on this.

Thanks.

SV670.
Hi SV670, I know your appeal is in Toronto and you won your appeal without having counsel, did IAD ask you to attend a silent court to walk you through the process a few months before your hearing, thanks?

amine777

Jan 26, 2018
It just depends where ur file will be going after ur appeal is allowed.
Can you please explain more? I mean , I wanna know where the files goes usually, so if it went to the embassy do I have to meet a VO? And if the file went to Ontario what will happens? Sorry for all this questions , thank u so much

amine777

Jan 26, 2018
Hello everyone, so my wife and I are still waiting for the appeal decision,we filled our appeal on February 2017, Im working now in morocco , but the company im working for still does not have any papers, ( im working under the table ) the boss said I will make you work papers and health care etc , so Its been a year for me working and he still didnt do anything , but I need to be working legal that way I can go visit my wife for more evidence, so now I have an opportunity to work in qatar airways as a flight attendant that way i will be traveling to canada once in a while, and I think this job will make it easier for me to travel and visit her, what do u think guys about this idea? Will it helps ?

Reactions: Alicee

ebarby

Jan 30, 2018
Hello everyone, as probably most people in this forum I'm trying to find some answers...

I entered in Canada on June 15, 2016, and was issued an OWP valid until June 14, 2017 (working holidays program). My partner is Canadian, we've been together since Sept 2014, we live in the same apartment (rental contract under both names) since July 3, 2016, I sent CIC photos and everything to prove that this is a genuine relationship, we also officialized it signing a common law agreement to make the application more complete.

June 15, 2016:
arrived in Canada and was issued an OWP valid for one year;
May 13, 2017: I submitted my paper application for Spouse Sponsorship
June 27, 2017: CIC returned my application due to a missing translation
July 25, 2017: CIC received all the paperwork again
September 12, 2017: they requested my Criminal Checks, which I uploaded online a few days after. And haven't heard from them since.

My concerns are when I first sent my application my OWP was still valid, by the time I resent it wasn't. However, when they received my application for the second time my visa was expired for less than 90 days, so I could have my status restored. ~I haven't paid for the restoration of status since I wasn't aware of it at the time :/

I don't even know what my status is, my eTA is valid until 2021.

Today is February 5, 2018, I haven't heard from CIC since Sep 12, 17. My concern is if is there any possibility of CIC extending my work visa or for me to work again will need to wait for my PR to be issued after 12 months of wait? Does anyone face the same situation with your applications not moving forward for months and months?

I really wanted to go back to work, even more knowing that I am a skilled professional and could find a good job easily, keep paying taxes and etc...

Any help and advice would be really appreciated!

Cheers,

Emmanuelle

Reactions: msrangi

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Finally got PPR yesterday via email.
Submitted documents on Nov 17th.
I thought DM comes before PPR but there were no changes online. BC started Feb 1st
Congrats! So you submitted additional documents Nov 17, and back ground check started feb 1? For PPR, do you have to courier passport or go in person? When did you win appeal?

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Hi I am seeking help as I got refusal letter today after intervie. VO said marriage is not genuine as I could not provide more evidence and photographs. I am 5 yrs elder than my husband . and its inter caste marriage . that all made doubts in vo mind Now what should I do feeling helpless and discouraged. Please suggest Thanks
you must file an appeal and you only have 30 days to do it. gather as much evidence/ proofs of your relationship.

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
I filled my in July 2016 and received blue book in December 2016.. I was not selected for adr and still waiting for the date
I filed June 3rd, 2016 and still waiting to hear what comes next

Reactions: msrangi

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Appeal won august 15th. We have to courier the passport. Yes. BC started Feb 1st.
Yay congrats girl!!! I know you were anxiously waiting!!!

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Can you please explain more? I mean , I wanna know where the files goes usually, so if it went to the embassy do I have to meet a VO? And if the file went to Ontario what will happens? Sorry for all this questions , thank u so much

A friend on this forum was advised by the MP that if the file goes to where the spouse is, the it's 100% chance that he or she may be interviewed again but can't refuse u on same issue. But if it goes to ottawa, then u are free.

Appeal2016

Oct 16, 2017
App. Filed.......
12-05 2014
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Full Hearing won
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
will be soon with hubby in sh Allah
Guys i need help about biometric page of passport.I am from Pakistan.Visa officer asked the copy of biometric page of passport.Our passports are not e-passport as our government will issue from August 2018.But i have 60 days please tell me what to do?Pakistani people who sent updated forms etc.Please guide me i will be thankful.Reply m soon Thank you