New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Hi All,

Won my appeal (full hgearing) on Dec 06, 2017 and confirmatio of allowed appeal was sent to me by Dec 11, and till date no other follow up from CIC-Ottawa or Canadian High Commission-New Delhi. We already waited for 6 years to reach this stage.
Tried calling CIC - 1-888-242-2100 and the autmated system did not find any information, and agents are too busy with other calls.
Any other contact number do we have, where status may be received on our applcaition?
Hope to hear some info on this.

Thanks.

SV670.

JoshiS

Sep 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
09-06-2017
AOR Received.
24-07-2017
File Transfer...
26-08-2017
Med's Request
28-07-2017
So after you are refused you and your spouse appeal decision.. you have 30 days to do so. Instructions will come with the official refusal letter you you received.
After that you will recieve a 'blue book'......in about 3-4 months....which includes your original application, interview notes and anything the visa officer wrote about you will be in this book. This book will help you understand why the visa officer refused you and will help you prepare evidence....

after the blue book is sent out......the appeal office IAD...will review your file (usually a few months after receiving blue book) and see if you qualify for an
ADR - alternative dispute resolution - its a less formal 1 hour meeting with a visa officer, IAD officer and the Canadian spouse...in which the Canadian spouse presents evidence and is asked a series of questions and advocates why the previous officer made a wrong decision about the relationship....This route is usually faster, however, only certain cases are selected for this route. If the IAD officer thinks the case can be resolved without having to go to court they will take this route. If you are selected for an ADR but do not win...you can choose to go to a full hearing.

I was selected for ADR....my timeline as follows

Appeal decision December 2016
I received blue book April 2017.
I sent in evidence and requested and ADR May 2017
In august 2017 i got a phone call and was given an ADR date of September 25th 2017.
I sent in more evidence september 10th.
September 20th i received a phone call from the officer who would be questioning me at ADR as she read my evidence in advance and allowed my appeal (we won) she said the evidence spoke for itself and questioning was not needed.
October 23 - the government requested updated forms, medical security.
November 9th - we sent them everything they needed......and have been waiting since then.

Full Court hearing.( you go to court it can be a few hours to a full day hearing in front of a judge)

this is usually a 1.5 to 2 year wait from when you appeal. There are many members on here who have had to go to full court for their case and i am sure they will share their stores with you as well.

Here is some information on the Canadian website on the process

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx
Thanks a lot dear for detailed information

pakiboy2049

Dec 18, 2017
Hi All,

Won my appeal (full hgearing) on Dec 06, 2017 and confirmatio of allowed appeal was sent to me by Dec 11, and till date no other follow up from CIC-Ottawa or Canadian High Commission-New Delhi. We already waited for 6 years to reach this stage.
Tried calling CIC - 1-888-242-2100 and the autmated system did not find any information, and agents are too busy with other calls.
Any other contact number do we have, where status may be received on our applcaition?
Hope to hear some info on this.

Thanks.

SV670.
At this point you should be able to check your status at CIC login. it'll likely say in process. most ppl are getting the visa in 4-6 months. You can also call that number above and just wait for the reps. usually takes 40 mins for them to pick up. I put the phone on speaker and do my thing while I wait for them to pick up. If that dont work for you contact your local MP's office and they will get an update. Cheers

Reactions: Alicee and SV670

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
At this point you should be able to check your status at CIC login. it'll likely say in process. most ppl are getting the visa in 4-6 months. You can also call that number above and just wait for the reps. usually takes 40 mins for them to pick up. I put the phone on speaker and do my thing while I wait for them to pick up. If that dont work for you contact your local MP's office and they will get an update. Cheers

I will advise u don't bother urself calling the number because that number is a different case center. You will only hear information like your file is not with us. And about your MP, just wait and give them some few weeks. Also don't bother logging into ur account because u will get a message if ur account is reopened. I won my appeal November 23, got my allowed letter on December 4th. Called them soo many times and I was told "ur file isn't with us". I even contacted the minister counsel again and she told me everything was sent out on the 4th and I should give them more time. So am still waiting. All I will say to u is to wait as well.

Reactions: msrangi and SV670

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Don’t worry about age I know someone won with 11 year age difference from her husband. Just file the appeal within the 30 days.
I am 18 yrs 4 mos older than my husband on paper. We were refused, for not genuine by a jello officer. Despite me living there half our marriage. You need to find a way to visit more. You need more solid proof, trips together, family involvement. Phone bills, messenger. Or what's app chats. Anything you can think of to support your relationship.

Reactions: Alicee and msrangi

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
I'm reading your question as "how Long", and answer, it depends, I applied in January 2012, and it's been six years in waiting. While in full hearing, I was given 3 hours, and we won it.
So when did u filled appeal and after how long did it take to get hearing date?

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
I am 18 yrs 4 mos older than my husband on paper. We were refused, for not genuine by a jello officer. Despite me living there half our marriage. You need to find a way to visit more. You need more solid proof, trips together, family involvement. Phone bills, messenger. Or what's app chats. Anything you can think of to support your relationship.
I came to visit after 6/8 months and spend 3/4months staying with my husband, we have a lots of pic and bills chats even 2 year baby my husband threw up a big party for his 2nd birthday in India which I have big album of, just waiting for the hearing date to show them all the proff

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
So when did u filled appeal and after how long did it take to get hearing date?
Appeal Filed Feb 2016, hearing date received Oct 25, 2017, full 21 months.

Reactions: Alicee

mr chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
So after you are refused you and your spouse appeal decision.. you have 30 days to do so. Instructions will come with the official refusal letter you you received.
After that you will recieve a 'blue book'......in about 3-4 months....which includes your original application, interview notes and anything the visa officer wrote about you will be in this book. This book will help you understand why the visa officer refused you and will help you prepare evidence....

after the blue book is sent out......the appeal office IAD...will review your file (usually a few months after receiving blue book) and see if you qualify for an
ADR - alternative dispute resolution - its a less formal 1 hour meeting with a visa officer, IAD officer and the Canadian spouse...in which the Canadian spouse presents evidence and is asked a series of questions and advocates why the previous officer made a wrong decision about the relationship....This route is usually faster, however, only certain cases are selected for this route. If the IAD officer thinks the case can be resolved without having to go to court they will take this route. If you are selected for an ADR but do not win...you can choose to go to a full hearing.

I was selected for ADR....my timeline as follows

Appeal decision December 2016
I received blue book April 2017.
I sent in evidence and requested and ADR May 2017
In august 2017 i got a phone call and was given an ADR date of September 25th 2017.
I sent in more evidence september 10th.
September 20th i received a phone call from the officer who would be questioning me at ADR as she read my evidence in advance and allowed my appeal (we won) she said the evidence spoke for itself and questioning was not needed.
October 23 - the government requested updated forms, medical security.
November 9th - we sent them everything they needed......and have been waiting since then.

Full Court hearing.( you go to court it can be a few hours to a full day hearing in front of a judge)

this is usually a 1.5 to 2 year wait from when you appeal. There are many members on here who have had to go to full court for their case and i am sure they will share their stores with you as well.

Here is some information on the Canadian website on the process

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx
i need a help by you related to your experience in our case we got trouble and refusal about the limited on going relationship evidence and calling history in between me and my wife.
just curious to know how you were print your chat and phone call history to show your ongoing relationship. and what is the best way to arrange fb chat. but for me i got facebook archive data by my facebook account and phone usage history were download by the phone company website but the officer in interview were not accept both evidence by me.

mr chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
how we arrange our chat and phone call history in a best way for IRCC they refuse us just on both evidence. facebook chat history arranged under facebook account archive data and about the phone calling history interviewer said it,s look like a excel sheet work and can,t accept we stuck on this point how we can arrange our phone history and chat history that accept able by appeal office also

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
how we arrange our chat and phone call history in a best way for IRCC they refuse us just on both evidence. facebook chat history arranged under facebook account archive data and about the phone calling history interviewer said it,s look like a excel sheet work and can,t accept we stuck on this point how we can arrange our phone history and chat history that accept able by appeal office also
Can you screenshot of your call/chat history instead of extracting to a file, so they will look like real chats?

Last edited:

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
i need a help by you related to your experience in our case we got trouble and refusal about the limited on going relationship evidence and calling history in between me and my wife.
just curious to know how you were print your chat and phone call history to show your ongoing relationship. and what is the best way to arrange fb chat. but for me i got facebook archive data by my facebook account and phone usage history were download by the phone company website but the officer in interview were not accept both evidence by me.
Take screen shots of facebooln

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Take screen shots of facebooln
Take screen shots from your phone or computer of different conversations
Screen shots of FB chat.....
Screen shots of text .....
Print out phone bills ,
All of these can be made into images and input into evidence

Reactions: msrangi and Alicee