Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
helpseeker12 said:
Hi

I followed your post, and hope you can guide me with your experience .
My husband is Canadian citizen and i am from India , our application is refused and we got refusal letter in five days with 4 reasons , we by mistake provided 2 wrong information and i wonder how could our consultant not point those.
I want suggestion if it is possible for us to reapply instead of appeal?
As lawyer is asking for 30,000 Canadian dollar for taking our case of appeal and stating 2-3 years period.
And i dont know how to fight with points for which i dont have proof.
Can i re apply?

Please guide me , my time for appeal is running....

Thanks in advance
30,000 Canadian dollars ???? Are you sure? Here in Vancouver, it costs around $6 or $7 K for an appeal.

You said you have been refused for 4 reasons. One of them is that you provided the wrong information. What are the 3 others?

And very sorry for your refusal...

snow13

Apr 18, 2014
Hi everybody,

I have heard different timelines regarding Appeals hearing/ADRs. Some say after ADR is allowed its takes 2 to 3 months. Some say its 4 to 6 months.
I have also heard cases where it has takes around 8 months.
Does anyone has a better idea about the time line for CPC Ottawa?

thanks

Snowvil

snow13

Apr 18, 2014
helpseeker12 said:
Hi

My husband is Canadian citizen and i am from India , our application is refused and we got refusal letter in five days with 4 reasons , we by mistake provided 2 wrong information and i wonder how could our consultant not point those.
As lawyer is asking for 30,000 Canadian dollar for taking our case of appeal and stating 2-3 years period.
Can i re apply?

Thanks in advance
30,000!! :eek: :eek: that is nuts

My wifes application was reject too in May 2013. I appealed myself without any lawyer. and the case went to ADR and it was approved.
it depends upon what the reasons for rejection are and how strong is your case.
if your case is strong you can get and ADR which can be amazing.
I wound suggest appeal and if your case gets and ADR then great but if it goes to a hearing and you have to wait for 2-3 years then its better to re apply cause that only takes 1 year.

But again all depends on how strong your case is. if you have all pics/other docs.

this is my opinion but again im not an expert.

hope everything will be solved soon.

swe2u

Apr 20, 2014
Hi,
My file got rejected on 8th April 2014 with the reason that our marriage is not geniun at Chandigarh Canadian embassy. Can anybody sujjest an experienced lawyer at Edmonton for our appeal I will be grt full

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Do you mean one of the reasons was misrepresentation (providing incorrect information)?

helpseeker12 said:
Hi

Can i re apply?

Thanks in advance

helpseeker12

Apr 20, 2014
Habibti said:
30,000 Canadian dollars ???? Are you sure? Here in Vancouver, it costs around $6 or $7 K for an appeal.

You said you have been refused for 4 reasons. One of them is that you provided the wrong information. What are the 3 others?

And very sorry for your refusal...
Yes the immigration consultant is from surrey and he submitted our case.
reasons for refusal are that they did not believe in genuineness of relation and we didnt have money transfer slips so cant provide the same.
I want do not want to go in long process of appeal , so can i re apply with explanations to refusal reasons.

Thanks
every single advice would be helpful.

helpseeker12

Apr 20, 2014
snow13 said:
30,000!! :eek: :eek: that is nuts

My wifes application was reject too in May 2013. I appealed myself without any lawyer. and the case went to ADR and it was approved.
it depends upon what the reasons for rejection are and how strong is your case.
if your case is strong you can get and ADR which can be amazing.
I wound suggest appeal and if your case gets and ADR then great but if it goes to a hearing and you have to wait for 2-3 years then its better to re apply cause that only takes 1 year.

But again all depends on how strong your case is. if you have all pics/other docs.

this is my opinion but again im not an expert.

hope everything will be solved soon.
Yeah that is amount being asked by one who handled our case.
How long did i take for your wife to get her visa?
Is this essential to get details of refusal on request from immigration to appeal?
How many days it take for detail to reach us?
Thanks

helpseeker12

Apr 20, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
Do you mean one of the reasons was misrepresentation (providing incorrect information)?
I don't know if that should be considered as misrepresentation, He gave me money but not via money transfer medium but by hand as he was in same country with me for most of time.
Our immigrant consultant also didn't objected us.

Can i re apply? and is it necessary to get detail of refusal and how long it take?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Well, if the letter did not say anything about "misrepresentation" or "ban for 2 years", then it was not considered misrepresentation.

If you plan to appeal, please note that you have 30 days from the date of the rejection to submit your notice of appeal and any required documents.

If you plan to re-apply, then it is important to request your GCMS notes in order to get detailed reasons why you were refused. This way you can address them in your next application.

Ask your husband to request your GCMS notes. It costs $5 and you need to sign an authorization form first for CIC to release your records to him. You can not do this yourself, since you are outside Canada.

Here's how he can order the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is the form you will need to complete, sign and send him a scanned copy in order for him to get the notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp (IMM 5744)

It takes 30 days to receive the notes (if you request electronic files).

May be next time, your husband can instead give you cheques or he can transfer money from his account to yours, so that there is some paper trail you can use as proof. $30,000 is a lot of money but if you have that kind of money, it is better to pay an immigration lawyer not consultant.

helpseeker12 said:
I don't know if that should be considered as misrepresentation, He gave me money but not via money transfer medium but by hand as he was in same country with me for most of time.
Our immigrant consultant also didn't objected us.

Can i re apply? and is it necessary to get detail of refusal and how long it take?

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Hi guys
I was wondering what is the stats for appeals? Are they generally successful? Also, my visa office is Montreal, anyone have any experience with them as far as wait times and such?

Thanks everyone, Im trying to keep my head streight, but its so hard, alls I do is sit and cry :(

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@helpseeker12... your mailbox is full, so I could not reply your mail. Please delete some of your messages. Here's a reply:

What I was saying is - if you decide you are NOT going to appeal but instead want to re-apply (i.e. submit fresh new application), then it is important to get the GCMS notes first BEFORE you send in a new application. The notes tell you what the officer had problems with.

But if you are going to appeal and have just 20 days left, then you can not wait for the GCMS notes. Do everything needed to file for appeal in those 20 days. After you have done that, then apply for your GCMS notes. You will get the notes before CIC sets a date for your appeal hearing and the notes will help you prepare for your hearing. Hope this is clearer now.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
helpseeker12 said:
Hi

Can i re apply?

Thanks in advance
So sorry you were refused. :( I think if you gave the wrong information, there will be a 2 year ban to re apply as this would be misrepresentation to CIC unfortunately. Teh senior members will know more than myself of this matter. $30,000.00? This is steep :eek: :(

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Hi everybody ;D Question for you. Hopefully someone can answer? How long does it take to get the security background check done and when is it done? Is it done before CIC requests a new updated medical, pcc and schedual A IMM 5669 forms or after? Anybody know? Someone from another site was asking. I thought to ask here for him as there is alot more ppl here with alot more knowledge. I told him to come and join, he checked it out and said it was too much and overwhelming just now. Perhaps later on he will join. Thankyou in advance :D

Lenchik

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2013 refused. blue book - July 2013. ADR - May,2014
Hello all,

I have soon an upcoming adr.
Could anyone with past adr experience (in toronto) share with me what do they ask, their attitude and any tips in order to succeed?

thanks in advance