Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Paying the defaults is a good first step. But CIC would want to also see that you guys have income that can pay the family maintenance on time AND also provide for your own family. Failing this, your application would not be approved. If you have savings and/or investments, include proof.

On a relationship stand point, I would be concerned if my spouse doesn't keep up on maintenance for his other family. It can be an indication of what could happen to you should he move on with someone else. Hope things work out for you all. Happy new year.

gango girl said:
thnank you dear scylla for replying me
he is still behind the defaults of family maintainence.
so do you think that we have to pay the defaults at once and make it to zero to get the visa?
replies are very much appreciated
please anybody reply

lonely tears

Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/09/2011
Med's Done....
apr 2014
Interview........
4th March 2013... denied...won ADR 30th Jan 2014..
Passport Req..
02 aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24 sep 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah nxt month
sakaka said:
Thank you so much
Yes, we will hire a lawyer, and I think also we have to consider the attached refusal letter as the refusal letter because waiting 3 months just to get the letter is so much.

Do you know please how long time appeal takes time in " Montreal office"

thanks
regards
hello Sakaka I am from Montreal my application was rejected in March 2013 and now my ADR hearing will be on 30th jan 2014 after 10 months of waiting period I don`t have any idea about full hearing...

redhunter

May 19, 2013
waitingonforever said:
120 days after the IAD receives your notice to appeal you will receive a blue book wich is a run down on why they refused your visa....after that if you qualify for and ADR ( alternative dispute resolution ) hearing..you will be givin a date for this hearing..if you are not eligible for an ADR hearing it goes to full judicial hearing wich depending on what Office your appealing too could take up to two years. May I ask the reason for refusal?
hi, in the refusal letter, it says that they already told my wife she was refuse at the end of the interview with the reasons, and they asked her if she had something to say about it, they say that she didn't say anything afterward.
So i really don't know what were the reasons, and also, my wife told me that they never said she was refuse during the interview, they only said to wait for 1 month.
My guess right now is that someone is lying, either my wife or the agent did a big mistake.

redhunter

May 19, 2013
hi lonely tears,

i'm from montreal too, so may i ask you when did you receive the ADR hearing date? was it the same time they sent the blue book?

thanks in advance.

Hina 123

Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug 2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
lonely tears said:
hello Sakaka I am from Montreal my application was rejected in March 2013 and now my ADR hearing will be on 30th jan 2014 after 10 months of waiting period I don`t have any idea about full hearing...
Hi lonly tears u r soo lucky tht u received ADR date in time but im from vancouver but not hearing anything from CIC yet although i ve received my blue book mid of September 2013 .but nothing yet :'( :'(..

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hina 123 said:
Hi lonly tears u r soo lucky tht u received ADR date in time but im from vancouver but not hearing anything from CIC yet although i ve received my blue book mid of September 2013 .but nothing yet :'( :'(..
Salam poor you sister I hope you hear good news soon In Sha Allah. Please pray for us as we have had no news yet but I hope soon In Sha Allah.....

Hina 123

Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug 2010
Med's Request
Not yet
Interview........
4 Feb 2013 (denied)
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
soon Insha Allah
micmac101 said:
Salam poor you sister I hope you hear good news soon In Sha Allah. Please pray for us as we have had no news yet but I hope soon In Sha Allah.....
Wa salam Micmac 101 . Where r ur case ? In which province of canada..? Mine is from vancouver. But not yet any news . I dont know who says tht vancouver time is short .

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Paying the defaults is a good first step. But CIC would want to also see that you guys have income that can pay the family maintenance on time AND also provide for your own family. Failing this, your application would not be approved. If you have savings and/or investments, include proof.

On a relationship stand point, I would be concerned if my spouse doesn't keep up on maintenance for his other family. It can be an indication of what could happen to you should he move on with someone else. Hope things work out for you all. Happy new year.
dear SenoritaBella thnx for the reply
we have already approved for the sponsorship. this is the pr process now going on. so, my husband is in my country as we are on constructions of our house here in my country. and now he is in defaults of paying family maintanence. and they have asked the financial support from my side and we have already sent how we suppose to survive while we live in canada. now again they have refused us and said that i am failed to satisfy the officer showing the financial support to ourself and now they have mentioned my husband and saying that he has not showed the financial support to ourselves by him. they did not mention him in the letter and asked from me. i think they have done a mistake and now they mentioned my husband and asking the financial support by him.
so, i dont understand why they try to refuse people for their mistakes.
and plzzzz guys clear this for me which they have mentioned in the refusal letter ....
"I am also not satisfied that you would be able to financially support yourself and your children in the short to medium term in canada and that adequate arrangements for yours and your dependents care and support, "
plzzz help me dear friends now we are going to appeal. but what we should do
i know that we have to pay the family maintenance and how much my husband suppose to earn for a month in this matter. bcoz, he has to pay $400.00 a month for the family maintenance and we have two children and one of them is a canadian citizen. and also my husband's sister who lives in canada has already given a certified letter to the CIC saying that she will give her house to us to stay once we come to canada without any rental. and also my husband's mom, two sisters and brothers live in canada and they also can help us. so how we show that they will help us once we come to canada?
please dear friends guide us by giving us ideas to show them that we are not going under the social assistance and we are truly suppose to work. me and my elder son also suppose to work in canada and we dont need to go for social assistance and we really need to live as a family in canada. why these people pushing all the genuine couples down like this way and take refugees with no problem. we have not done anything wrong to anybody and we are waiting for 3 years with this visa process. our lives going spoiled with this visa. when our loved ones live with us also they have a problem and when they not come to visit the spouse also its a problem for them. I dont know what they expect from the innocent people
please dear friends help us.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Hi gangogirl, it's tough but it helps to understand what CIC is looking for in order to be successful on appeal or new application(if you decide to reapply).
1. Eventhough your husband has already been approved to sponsor you, he must continue to meet the requirements of sponsorship(read CIC website) up until the PR process for you is complete. When you 'land' in Canada, he must comply with the financial undertaking to provide for you and your dependents for 3 years. So at anytime during the process a number of things could lead to a refusal e.g.
a) sponsor(your husband) being in default of family maintenance
b) sponsor and/or sponsored spouse committing serious crimes
c) sponsor goes bankrupt, etc

2. CIC learnt he was in default, so they sent you a procedural fairness letter. This was an opportunity for you(the sponsored spouse) to satisfy them that you will be able to provide for yourself, your dependents, your husband, and his family maintenance once you are in Canada.
a) it is helpful that your in-laws are willing to allow you guys live rent-free. But how will you go about providing for food, shelter, clothing and also pay the family maintenance on time regularly?
b) if you can't do it, you are going to go on welfare and they can't turn you down. But then they will send the bill to your husband. If he is not able to keep u with $400 per month, how likely is he to keep up with much higher payments?
c) declarations about not going on welfare mean precious little to CIC. They want evidentiary support of the facts.
d) Some things CIC would have loved to see are:
- proof that your husband is actually applying for jobs in Canada
- efforts he is making to be current on family maintenance. You know, when you can't afford it, it is better for him to go to court and get the payments modified(based on his current income) than let it lapse.
- proof of your education certificates and qualifications along with an explanation of the types of jobs you can get when in Canada
- evidence of any savings/investments you have
- if you currently working, copies of your paystubs and current employment letter.

Please note that CIC can refuse a sponsored spouse based on financial inadmissibility.

3. Your husband can return to Canada alone. Find a job(preferably one which can support all of you), be current on payments and save up some money. Then you guys may have a better chance at appeal.

As an aside, if you guys are constructing a house in your home country(which can't be cheap), how is it he is behind on payments?

*Regarding your elder son, I would be mindful about potentially damaging your relationship with him. He may have plans to go to school, etc. I have seen families depend on children to work and support the family. The child then becomes a co-parent except, the parents still want to tell them what can and can't do. This is very confusing for the child. I wish you all the best.

gango girl said:
dear SenoritaBella thnx for the reply
we have already approved for the sponsorship. this is the pr process now going on. so, my husband is in my country as we are on constructions of our house here in my country. and now he is in defaults of paying family maintanence. and they have asked the financial support from my side and we have already sent how we suppose to survive while we live in canada. now again they have refused us and said that i am failed to satisfy the officer showing the financial support to ourself and now they have mentioned my husband and saying that he has not showed the financial support to ourselves by him. they did not mention him in the letter and asked from me. i think they have done a mistake and now they mentioned my husband and asking the financial support by him.
so, i dont understand why they try to refuse people for their mistakes.
and plzzzz guys clear this for me which they have mentioned in the refusal letter ....
"I am also not satisfied that you would be able to financially support yourself and your children in the short to medium term in canada and that adequate arrangements for yours and your dependents care and support, "
plzzz help me dear friends now we are going to appeal. but what we should do
i know that we have to pay the family maintenance and how much my husband suppose to earn for a month in this matter. bcoz, he has to pay $400.00 a month for the family maintenance and we have two children and one of them is a canadian citizen. and also my husband's sister who lives in canada has already given a certified letter to the CIC saying that she will give her house to us to stay once we come to canada without any rental. and also my husband's mom, two sisters and brothers live in canada and they also can help us. so how we show that they will help us once we come to canada?
please dear friends guide us by giving us ideas to show them that we are not going under the social assistance and we are truly suppose to work. me and my elder son also suppose to work in canada and we dont need to go for social assistance and we really need to live as a family in canada. why these people pushing all the genuine couples down like this way and take refugees with no problem. we have not done anything wrong to anybody and we are waiting for 3 years with this visa process. our lives going spoiled with this visa. when our loved ones live with us also they have a problem and when they not come to visit the spouse also its a problem for them. I dont know what they expect from the innocent people
please dear friends help us.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Hina 123 said:
Wa salam Micmac 101 . Where r ur case ? In which province of canada..? Mine is from vancouver. But not yet any news . I dont know who says tht vancouver time is short .
Salam sister, our case is still in Islamabad. I'm from New Brunswick. We still have not received any news yet but hope so soon In Sha Allah...

gango girl

Apr 3, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Hi gangogirl, it's tough but it helps to understand what CIC is looking for in order to be successful on appeal or new application(if you decide to reapply).
hi dear thnx for the long description
yes my husband is going to go back to canada and do a job again. we are building our house with the money which my parents are giving and with my salary which i get from our family business. I'm making it to rent it away and could get an income from that too. i cant ask the money from my parents to pay the family maintenance. and also my son & I have done some courses and both of us are willing to do jobs in canada once we arrive there. we have already sent the proofs to the CIC that we have a good income here and we dont need any social assistance once we come there. and my husband suppose to pay the family maintenance once he back to canada. but i think they need my husband to pay and make the family maintenance to zero. do you think that too?
and also they need my husband to do a job and show that he is willing to financially support ourselves in canada. isnt it?
and also my in-laws are willing to give another letter to the CIC that they are willing to support with financial in anytime if we needed once we come to canada.
what else do you think we should provide them dear? as business people we do not keep any bank deposits and we always roll the money on business. and also that is not my own. we are four there in the business. and i get my salary and the profit only. and they have already given the affidavit saying that they will continuously pay my salary and the profit though i'm in canada as i'm a partner in the business and i should be paid the partnership legally.
so, what else i have to show?
plzzzzz help me dear
anybody else know some more plzzzzzzzz help

lonely tears

Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/09/2011
Med's Done....
apr 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
02 aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24 sep 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah nxt month
redhunter said:
hi lonely tears,

i'm from montreal too, so may i ask you when did you receive the ADR hearing date? was it the same time they sent the blue book?

thanks in advance.
Hello Redhunter! I received my blue book in June and then I waited for 5 months for ADR date. during that period I call them two three time for adr date they said they have a lot of cases so mine will be in next year and finally I received a letter with ADR date on 17 december.

lonely tears

Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/09/2011
Med's Done....
apr 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
02 aug 2014
VISA ISSUED...
24 sep 2014
LANDED..........
InshAllah nxt month
Hina 123 said:
Salam dear don`t worry I also waited 5 months for adr date. soon you will hear from them but try to call them and ask them where is your file did they forward it to the scheduling department or not..

simple9999

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2013
AOR Received.
07-2013
File Transfer...
08-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Passport Req..
Soon Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
Hina 123 said:
Wa salam simple9999.. thank u sooo much dear. Can u plz tell me total time of vancouver i mean appeal time.. n plzzz share ur experiences regarding ADR .. y u lost ur ADR ..?
Filed for appeal in March 2012.
Received GCMS notes in July 2012.
Received call to schedule ADR in August 2012
ADR in September 2012 - Refused
Appealed for the full hearing in September 2012
and scheduled for full hearing in November 2012.
but we decided to withdraw the application in October 2012.

They said that i married so quickly after knowing my wife for 3 months, even though I explained that 3 months were enough for me and my wife to know each other very well and it is normal in our religion, and even in our Pakistani/Indian culture they get married after knowing for just 1 day or 2 Smiley, insha Allah khair this time.

What does your GCMS notes say?

simple9999

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2013
AOR Received.
07-2013
File Transfer...
08-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Passport Req..
Soon Insha Allah
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Insha Allah
LANDED..........
Soon Insha Allah
gango girl said:
hi dear thnx for the long description
yes my husband is going to go back to canada and do a job again. we are building our house with the money which my parents are giving and with my salary which i get from our family business. I'm making it to rent it away and could get an income from that too. i cant ask the money from my parents to pay the family maintenance. and also my son & I have done some courses and both of us are willing to do jobs in canada once we arrive there. we have already sent the proofs to the CIC that we have a good income here and we dont need any social assistance once we come there. and my husband suppose to pay the family maintenance once he back to canada. but i think they need my husband to pay and make the family maintenance to zero. do you think that too?
and also they need my husband to do a job and show that he is willing to financially support ourselves in canada. isnt it?
and also my in-laws are willing to give another letter to the CIC that they are willing to support with financial in anytime if we needed once we come to canada.
what else do you think we should provide them dear? as business people we do not keep any bank deposits and we always roll the money on business. and also that is not my own. we are four there in the business. and i get my salary and the profit only. and they have already given the affidavit saying that they will continuously pay my salary and the profit though i'm in canada as i'm a partner in the business and i should be paid the partnership legally.
so, what else i have to show?
plzzzzz help me dear
anybody else know some more plzzzzzzzz help
Hi gango_girl:

I have some questions:

Is your family business incorporated in Sri Lanka?
Did your husband reported your income in Canada when he filed his tax returns in Canada?

I don't know exactly what your case is, but if you may briefly explain your case since the beginning, i may try to give you some suggestions.

What does the GCMS notes say?