+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Teepayne

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
What is the best way to get my hubby the forms, signed and sent off once they need them again? Trying to save time and money getting them back in.
I always fill out the forms on my computer, print them, sign what I need to and scan them to my husband's email. He then prints them, signs them and scans them back to me.

Adamnagah

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
the officer in Paris rejected because he see it's not really married because my wife she its older than me 30 years . and but I did answer all the questions and all data about how we meet

Ephy610

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi all
Just wanted to ask if anyone has done DNA for a child for your appeal, if so what company did you use to do so. I've noticed for immigration purposes you need a letter. I am just preparing my documents for the appeal and want to put everything in place. Thanks in advance

Feb 6, 2019
SUBMITTED THE PASSPORT YESTERDAY!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

THE VFS admin in New Delhi told my wife that the passport will be delivered to her after 5 days. Apparently the NDVO is not busy right now as per him. What a freakin long journey. But I am glad that my wife will be with me next week for our "living happily after ever" moment.

My time line is :

March 1, 2018 - Submitted the File
May 5, 2018 - Medicals were done
May 11, 2018 - Medicals were posted
May 2018 - November 2018 - "Dead silence"
December 2018 - Received a letter for the interview
January 30, 2019 - Interview took place
February 4, 2019 - Rejection Letter
February 4, 2019 - Filed the appeal through my Lawyer (Carolina Friedman). I did not waste any time and filed the appeal as soon as I got the refusals letter.
May 15, 2019 - Received the Record of appeal.
June 21, 2019 - Got selected for the ADR as well as for the full hearing. Dates were not given yet So I told my lawyer to get anything that comes first (i.e. ADR VS THE HEARING)
July 27, 2019 - Two dates were provided to me :- ADR (22nd Feb 2020) and for the hearing (25th Sep 2019) - I end up chosing 25th Sept 2019
September 25, 2019 - " THE DAY" finally came. I had a super awesome day at the court. The judge, immigration lawyer, my lawyer , couple of other ladies in the court room- every one was so easy and super friendly. You guys won't believe me but during the course of the hearing (which was almost 90 minutes) we had some good laughs. But at the end when the super cool judge allowed the appeal , my wife and I got emotional :(.
Oct 1, 2019 - Received the official letter that stated the appeal is allowed.
Nov 1, 2019 - Got request to submit the additional forms, Bio-Metric pages of the passport and to do the medical again.
Nov 7,2019 - Medical was done
Nov 12, 2019 - All the forms were submitted
Nov 19, 2019 - Medicals were posted . Wifey passed the medicals :)
Jan 24, 2019 - *THE BEST EMAIL* of my life came - Asked my wife to submit her passport for the VISA/COPR.
Jan 27, 2019 - My wife submitted her Passport at the VFS global office in New Delhi, India. The guy at VFS told that my wife that he has been working at this office for past 9 hears and she will get her passport back within 5-6 working days. He also stated that NDVO is a bit slow and not busy now a days.

I would love to share my learning experience and provide some tips for the people who are about to go through this process or in the midst of this process :-

1) My first tip is : - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE HOPE and DONT GET DEPRESSED. BE A FIGHTER AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP.
2) Hire a good lawyer if you can . My lawyer was from Winnipeg, MB . Her name is Carolina Friedman. She is an excellent lawyer when it comes to immigration court cases.
3) Visit this site/thread regularly . This site has lots of great answers and suggestion.
4) Sometimes the small typos do not matter. I did three typos in the application : 1) mis spelled my mother in law,s name, 2) mis spelled the name of the organization where my wife worked and 3) wrote the number of an ID card in the place of a NID ( India doesn't have a National ID so I put AAdhar card's number and Aadhar card is not a NID) . After doing these typo mistakes my application still went through :)
5) Read the rejection points thoroughly and without getting upset. The more you prepare yourself around the rejection points raised by the VO, the better your chances are to win in an appeal or during an ADR.
6) Please be mindful of the fact that every case is different.
7) After we won the appeal, our file was opened and we were asked to submit the new forms to Mississauga VO. Everything was finalized at the Mississauga VO. We got an email from Mississauga,ON to just submit the passport at VFS office in New Delhi, India.
7) Bed as honest as you can on this forum/thread so that the members can help you with their experience and knowledge.

At the end I thank you to everyone on this form for their knowledge and support . You guys seems to be like my family now :). I will post next when my wife lands in Canada ( next week ). If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me. I will try to help as much as i can.

Last edited:

SakuBj

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
SUBMITTED THE PASSPORT YESTERDAY!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!

THE VFS admin in New Delhi told my wife that the passport will be delivered to her after 5 days. Apparently the NDVO is not busy right now as per him. What a freakin long journey. But I am glad that my wife will be with me next week for our "living happily after ever" moment.

My time line is :

March 1, 2018 - Submitted the File
May 5, 2018 - Medicals were done
May 11, 2018 - Medicals were posted
May 2018 - November 2018 - "Dead silence"
December 2018 - Received a letter for the interview
January 30, 2019 - Interview took place
February 4, 2019 - Rejection Letter
February 4, 2019 - Filed the appeal through my Lawyer (Carolina Friedman). I did not waste any time and filed the appeal as soon as I got the refusals letter.
May 15, 2019 - Received the Record of appeal.
June 21, 2019 - Got selected for the ADR as well as for the full hearing. Dates were not given yet So I told my lawyer to get anything that comes first (i.e. ADR VS THE HEARING)
July 27, 2019 - Two dates were provided to me :- ADR (22nd Feb 2020) and for the hearing (25th Sep 2019) - I end up chosing 25th Sept 2019
September 25, 2019 - " THE DAY" finally came. I had a super awesome day at the court. The judge, immigration lawyer, my lawyer , couple of other ladies in the court room- every one was so easy and super friendly. You guys won't believe me but during the course of the hearing (which was almost 90 minutes) we had some good laughs. But at the end when the super cool judge allowed the appeal , my wife and I got emotional :(.
Oct 1, 2019 - Received the official letter that stated the appeal is allowed.
Nov 1, 2019 - Got request to submit the additional forms, Bio-Metric pages of the passport and to do the medical again.
Nov 7,2019 - Medical was done
Nov 12, 2019 - All the forms were submitted
Nov 19, 2019 - Medicals were posted . Wifey passed the medicals :)
Jan 24, 2019 - *THE BEST EMAIL* of my life came - Asked my wife to submit her passport for the VISA/COPR.
Jan 27, 2019 - My wife submitted her Passport at the VFS global office in New Delhi, India. The guy at VFS told that my wife that he has been working at this office for past 9 hears and she will get her passport back within 5-6 working days. He also stated that NDVO is a bit slow and not busy now a days.

I would love to share my learning experience and provide some tips for the people who are about to go through this process or in the midst of this process :-

1) My first tip is : - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE HOPE and DONT GET DEPRESSED. BE A FIGHTER AND FIGHT FOR YOUR LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP.
2) Hire a good lawyer if you can . My lawyer was from Winnipeg, MB . Her name is Carolina Friedman. She is an excellent lawyer when it comes to immigration court cases.
3) Visit this site/thread regularly . This site has lots of great answers and suggestion.
4) Sometimes the small typos do not matter. I did three typos in the application : 1) mis spelled my mother in law,s name, 2) mis spelled the name of the organization where my wife worked and 3) wrote the number of an ID card in the place of a NID ( India doesn't have a National ID so I put AAdhar card's number and Aadhar card is not a NID) . After doing these typo mistakes my application still went through :)
5) Read the rejection points thoroughly and without getting upset. The more you prepare yourself around the rejection points raised by the VO, the better your chances are to win in an appeal or during an ADR.
6) Please be mindful of the fact that every case is different.
7) Bed as honest as you can on this forum/thread so that the members can help you with their experience and knowledge.

At the end I thank you to everyone on this form for their knowledge and support . You guys seems to be like my family now :). I will post next when my wife lands in Canada ( next week ). If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact me. I will try to help as much as i can.
Did they called your wife too during hearing?

Feb 6, 2019
Did they called your wife too during hearing?
Yes, they called my wife after taking my interview ( or you can say " after hearing me out"). They barely asked her 4-5 questions. She spent may be 8-10 minutes in total over the phone, giving answers to my lawyer and the judge. My lawyer asked her 3-4 questions and the judge asked her only 1 question. The immigration lawyer did not ask her anything. It was a very smooth process for me.

Reactions: Teepayne

MayTa

Jan 27, 2020
April 16, 2019 - Rejection letter
April 18, 2019 - Filed the appeal
November 4, 2019 - Appeal allowed.
November 28, 2019 - Received the official letter that stated the appeal is allowed.
December 3, 2019 - Got request to submit the additional forms, Bio-Metric pages of the passport and to do the medical.
December 13, 2019 - Medical was done and All the forms were submitted.

Waiting since then.. nothing to add.
Sponsoring my husband in Beirut Lebanon

Lmason

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
My timeline!

I submitted the initial application February 2017. I applied for PR and Rehabilitation. The refusal was sent May 2018. The appeal started June 2018 and our first hearing was June 2019 (half-day) they didn’t book the requested translator, so we had to schedule a second hearing September 30th 2019 (full day) we won at the hearing. Judge letter arrived a week later. Our file was sent back to Rome Visa Office.
Police certificates requested November 7th, 2019.
Medical request December 3, 2019.
Passport request: Wednesday January 29, 2020.